Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission

think they did a better job on their Gallipoli watch

Name:  dimensions_gallipoli.png
Views: 175
Size:  177.3 KB

Re: Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weare View Post

Although the brand was established only in February of this year, Western Australia’s Haigh & Hastings was commissioned to design a watch . The Australian SAS Historical Foundation picked Haigh & Hastings to supply a limited run of 1,000 mechanical watches to mark the milestone.
    Am I the only person who wonders if there is either a "Haigh" or a "Hastings" on the Australian SAS Historical Foundation Board of Directors?

I mean really - it typically takes months to decide these sorts of things and this company wasn't even 'established' until less than 3 months ago.

My little mind fairly bursts with possibility's.
    Maybe a case of nepotism. Could be a simple matter of someone sleeping with someone. Or blackmail. Even some payola.

All I know for sure was no one at the Foundation said something like "When I think of our beloved SAS, I automatically think of the venerable firm of Haigh and Hastings - the two are synonymous and forever linked in the Australian consciousness!"

If there was a 'compatition then advertise that fact in the release.

I forgot the possibility of some soccer mom networking. That is the most likely scenario. Honest, fair, and transparent.

Good looker though - like the way they integrated the white date wheel with the 3 o'clock index marker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by abhishes View Post
    This looks very similar to Rolex Submariner though....
    My thoughts exactly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information