Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission

Name:  HH_SASR_Comp_NoText_RGB.jpg
Views: 3062
Size:  242.8 KB

Although the brand was established only in February of this year, Western Australia’s Haigh & Hastings was commissioned to design a watch to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the country’s SAS. The Australian SAS Historical Foundation picked Haigh & Hastings to supply a limited run of 1,000 mechanical watches to mark the milestone.

“As an Australian quality watch company, we’re honoured to be commissioned to supply the specifically designed, limited edition timepiece to commemorate this significant milestone – the 50th Anniversary of the Special Air Service Regiment. It’s a perfect match – ‘Timepieces for Adventurous Men’ and the outstanding men of the SASR.” James Ross, Managing Director, Haigh & Hastings

The SAS model is based on the company’s M2 Divers watch, the SASR limited edition features a blue bezel and black rubber strap, embossed commemorative case back design. Like other M2 Divers models, the 44mm automatic watch is water resistant to 300m with 316L stainless steel case and uses a screwdown crown and unidirectional rotating bezel. The watch comes complete with a box carrying the SASR badge and a certificate of authenticity.

“All of us who have served with the Special Air Service Regiment can be immensely proud of this historical milestone – our 50th Anniversary. As a not?for?profit organisation, the SAS Historical Foundation is pleased to offer this Limited Edition Haigh & Hastings range as a way to commemorate this special milestone in our proud history of service.” Major Brett Warner, SASR Historical Foundation.

The watch will be marketed exclusively through the SASR Historical Foundation’s website.

Visit the Haigh & Hastings website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; September 2nd, 2014 at 07:21.
    zeljko and Mikavulin like this.

Re: Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission

Beautiful watch. I'll have to show this to my colleague who's son is in the SAS. Thanks for posting.

Re: Who dares wins: Haigh & Hastings scoops Australian SAS Anniversary watch design commission

Very nice design, love the color. I wish the hour hand was more visible.
    sduford likes this.

Some Invicta will sell for $180, same style and movement. Looks well made though
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Content

This looks very similar to Rolex Submariner though....

Quote Originally Posted by rtrnow View Post
    Very nice design, love the color. I wish the hour hand was more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by BombFish View Post
    Some Invicta will sell for $180, same style and movement. Looks well made though
    I'd much rather have a watch that says, "Invicta" on it... !!! (¹ please see sig)
    Last edited by I Like em BIG ! !; November 3rd, 2014 at 21:36.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

Some of my bracelets and straps cost more than all of my friends watches... not a WIS in the bunch!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

cool but nothing to write home about on the styling or technical features.
    Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite/Sapphire Sandwich 3572.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional Chrono Ti 2298.80
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 232.30.46.21.01.003
    Officine Panerai Luminor 1950 372P
    Officine Panerai Luminor Base 000M
    Officine Panerai Radiomir Blackseal 380P
    Seagull x WUS Moonphase #7
    Seiko SRP777 "Turtle"
    Casio G-Shock Mudman G-9000

Christmas shopping list: Rolex Panda Daytona Ceramic & Rolex BLNR Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BombFish View Post
    can find 'em for $80!

i'd much rather buy a Sumo, and still have enough change to get a sapphire crystal
    U aware?

Omega Seamaster 2531, Oris Aquis, Deep Blue Daynight 65, Omega Date '78, Melbourne Watch Co. Portsea, Tissot V8, Casio Protrek

You might think I'm gumpy...

Looks great!

looks good but nothing really special

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information