why is rolex more expensive than other swiss brands?

Thread: why is rolex more expensive than other swiss brands?

-->
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

why is rolex more expensive than other swiss brands?

why is rolex watch much more expensive than any other swiss brands? is the price mostly due to its brand?

stuffler,mike

Re: why is rolex more expensive than other swiss brands?

Quote Originally Posted by picard
    why is rolex watch much more expensive than any other swiss brands?
    Is it ? Take a look at IWC, Breguet, Patek P, Vacheron & Constantin, Hublot, Franck Muller, Audemars Piguet, Chopard, Corum, Vincent Calabrese, GP,TAG Heuer, Jaeger-Le-Coultre, Leschot, Ulysse Nardin, Omega, Panerai, Piaget,Daniel Roth, Vulcain, Zenith.

They must spend a fortune on advertisement and sponsorship deals. Each time i put on CNN this huge commercials passes by, that alone must cost a lot of money. I doesn't take a rocketscientist to understand this money won't go into the watch your buying

Because of the well known name they also charge some extra on top of the advertisement costs

And for last, something is a status symbol because it's rediculous expensive and not affordable for Joe Sixpack. So jack up the price a little extra so everyone will see your financially successful and people might think it's the best quality you can buy

Pretty much the same BS every big brand is trying to pull off. No you won't look like Brad Pitt if you wear the same watch, pants of shoes :-D
    Doesn't make it a bad brand but in my opinion doesn't justify the price tag for the product your receiving. Blowing your money on something like this can be fun too ofcourse but no need to lie about it B-)

why is rolex watch much more expensive than any other swiss brands? is the price mostly due to its brand?
    Weird, I think it is a good price/quality watch. Quality and proven in-house movement, durable, classic design, it keeps it's value and is cheaper than a lot of other Swiss brands who don't 'deliver' an inhouse movement, good resale value etc.

RJ

stuffler,mike

Well, I´d really like to know your thoughts regarding 3135 vs 2892-2 ?

I think JLC and IWC are much better quality than rolex. Rolex design seem really out of dated. It is more likely worn by decrepit old men like Ken Lay of Enron.

I would prefer to buy JLC and IWC.

The 3135 literally blows the eta 2892-a2 on any aspect. It is more robust and more accurate than a basic eta 2892 plus it has a better power reserve and better winding system. The 2892-a2 is a good movement but not something than can beat the 3135 as well as the 3035. Rolex makes very solid and extremely durable movements. I think the movement found in the new ingenieur the calibre 80110 can be asily compared to the 3135, the samuel pellaton winding system being tested from a long time and a great invention. The first fully automatic and waterproof wristwatch was a rolex and it appeared in 1931, Rolex was ahead of its competitors as well in 1971 when it introduced the first helium valve dive watch, the sea dweller.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

stuffler,mike

Well, maybe that´s the reason why I own Rolex

This one "ticks" since 1956:

Hello,

why is rolex watch much more expensive than any other swiss brands?
    This question sounds like simple prejudice and ignorance to me. Which specific watch/model comparision makes you think that Rolex is much more expensive? Did you ever talked to a (real) watchmaker about the quality of the different swiss brands or visited some of the swiss factories?

I own several swiss watches made by Rolex, IWC, Omega, ... and never felt that Rolex is more expensive than others (specially not IWC). :-S

Kind regards Philipp

Picard is new to watches that is probably why he made this thread.
    Also I must say that Rolex is the biggest selling brand in the world and the biggest world officially certified chronometer manufacturer with more than 800000 watches cosced per year. Rolex like my watchmaker said and says is something unique in the world of horology.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information