Zürich, city of culture, art, shopping, home of Maurice de Mauriac and many more watches
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ernie Romers
  • 1 Post By Emre

Thread: Zürich, city of culture, art, shopping, home of Maurice de Mauriac and many more watches

Picture Zürich, city of culture, art, shopping, home of Maurice de Mauriac and many more watches

It's my first time in Zürich and I'm already overwhelmed with the beauty of it, especially the "Alt Stadt" (Old Town). We arrived in the afternoon but still had plenty of time to walk around and discover nice surroundings, buildings, café's, restaurants, shops, and watches!

Here's a summary of what we found:

Right around the corner of our hotel we bumped into this vintage/modern watch shop:

www.swisstimearts.ch - very nice collection of modern and vintage watches. Also available on eBay ("watchmeisterin"):

Vintage Omega galore !

Speedmasterssssssss

amongst Omega divers:

And this Speedy was in a watch window of another vintage watches shop almost next door:

Lousy picture, I admit, but read the document next to the watch ..

A couple of blocks away we found the NOMOS boutique (unfortunately closed on Mondays):

And then I found this shop called "KRÖSUS" - www.kroesus.ch - which had a.b.art and B&F watches in the window:

But to my surprise they also seem to have their own brand:

I like how it reads "ZÜRICH" on the dial. Here are some models without any printing but with beautiful (handcrafted?) dials:

and this "Mechanisch" (mechanical) watch with date but no name on the dial:

Another vintage watch shop we passed by (also closed on Mondays):

That Tudor in the middle is screaming for a new owner

And then after a nice drink in a great café (www.odeon.ch) and having a traditional cheese fondue, the evening fell.

Time to return to the hotel and publish this article. Hope you enjoyed it, and sorry for the blurry pics, all taken with my iPhone.

Er, did I tell you that I am on a holiday in Zürich?
    arktika1148 and Emre like this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Re: Zürich, city of culture, art, shopping, home of Maurice de Mauriac and many more watches

That's impressive so nice boutiques and shops next to each other. Thank you for sharing Ernie.

The ' watchmeisterin ' Yvonne is a fantastic person, I've bought 3 timepieces from her. She has always adorable watches and is a caring sales - person.

The NOMOS excuse sounds un-real.Is that a joke/ Zurich-ish sense of humor or true? For non german speakers, the announcement says::

Dear Customers,
    in a new combination. ( don't know what they mean, maybe new employee combination ? )

One associate is at vacation leave and the other as you might guess,is ill.
    Therefore we are closed on 11 and 12 Oct

Re: Zürich, city of culture, art, shopping, home of Maurice de Mauriac and many more watches

I have been fortunate to have visited there three time over the last ten years, and I always find something new on each visit, both in watch shops and attractions. Good choice for a holiday stop.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

Thread Information