After 5 years, I finally decided it was time....
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: After 5 years, I finally decided it was time....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

After 5 years, I finally decided it was time....

Well finally I decided to spoil myself for my 35th birthday. Unfortunately, no one in Canada currently has this watch in stock so it will get shipped directly from Switzerland and I require to wait between 4 to 6 weeks. The watch I decided to go with is Omega DeVille Co-Axial Chrono.

Name:  42213445213001-20.png
Views: 1141
Size:  168.2 KB

Its funny, it took me 5 years to bite the bullet and already I am looking for my next watch. I am thinking another Omega Speedy or Breitling Navitimer, this next one will be with a metal bracelets. I am not sure if taking the DeVille with the leather bracelet was the right choice but I am in love with the watch.

One question why is it theres so little discussion about DeVilles?

I will post pictures once I receive it.... counting down.... Its killing me
    rkm, joeuk, Mr Fjeld and 1 others like this.

Re: After 5 years, I finally decided it was time....

Congrats on finally pulling the trigger. Take some good pics of the unboxing :)

I don't know why there's so little discussion about DeVilles. I guess because Omega sells a lot more sport watches? I don't know for sure.

sweet watch....waiting for shipping is going to be painful.

Very nice indeed! Congrats. Reminds me of some Zenith designs, another favorite maker of mine. As far as Deviles goes, the Hour Vision gets a fair amount of attention here but I agree it is mostly the divers and Speedys that are the topic here.
    Enjoy!

Very nice! We are all eager for you to get your watch and post some pics! Cheers, Bill P.

That is a beautiful watch. So refreshing to see this with all the speedy and PO threads. Can't wait to see your photos when you receive it.

Congratulations on a great choice - looking forward to those pictures! The older DeVilles get a lot of attention here, but less so the modern ones presumably because more folks buy the Speedy and divers watches. Hopefully you can challenge a few preconceptions soon.

Nigel

That is a really nice watch, I have looked at that exact model many times but have not (yet!) pulled the trigger. Pics of yours "in the flesh" might be enough to push me over the edge!

I really like the fact that it has the GMT function as well as the larger 44mm size. It's bigger (by 3mm) than the other chronoscopes in the De Ville range.

There's a great review of this watch here: Omega Chronoscope GMT Review As The Watch Turns

Congratulations, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics!
    Last edited by 4counters; October 24th, 2011 at 13:54.
    rkm and dsl55dsl like this.

rkm

I agree the DeVille is rarely spoken of here on this forum as compared to PO, Speedy Pros, Seamasters, etc. I suppose its like Omega 1120 stated with the sport line of watches being the most popular in terms of sales. I really like the design and complications in this watch and its definitely one that needs more exposure here. Hopefully, you can share some photos and your assessment of it once it arrives. The waiting continues...!!!

I have to say, the DeVille Chronoscope is the best looking and nicely complicated design in Omega's line. I actually like the layout and complications much better than any of the Speedy's or Divers.

I'm just incredibly annoyed it was waaaay to thick and wide for my wrists...... if only....

Hopefully when I hit 50, I get the "executive physic", and be able to pull it off.

Don't know if the missus will appreciate it though :)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information