Aqua terra 8500 thoughts thus far - Page 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Aqua terra 8500 thoughts thus far

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Aqua terra 8500 thoughts thus far

I could only wear the AT on a leather strap, I don't care for the fully brushed bracelet myself... Which is why if I got one, it would be the Two Tone Rose Gold, so I would enjoy the bracelet.

But then the Rolex 116201 just stands out more for me, so...

I am getting off topic, the above reasons are why an Hour Vision is on my to get list, it does not conflict with other interests, does not look like my Milgauss, my GS etc...

However, I do so much love the new AT, it is an incredible watch from my perspective. If I didn't already have two watches so similar. I do want one very very much, white, black, grey, whatever, but it is so difficult for me to justify, when an Hour Vision would fill a space I don't have filled by several other watches.

Oh, why don't I have one of these yet? Silicon Balance spring, I am holding out... :D

Just my OT ramble, sorry... :P

Again SUPER Congrats on an incredible, awesome, wonderful watch!
    Last edited by SpringDriven; December 29th, 2010 at 08:34.
    James
    NAWCC Member.

Wow love it especially the last pic of it. My local AD pulled out her Omega book (the given AD booklet) and it stated that the indices are white gold. I had to read it twice, but that is what it said. Did anyone know this I didn't.

Congratulations Chiba it is a gorgeous watch HNY!
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

Quote Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
    Wow love it especially the last pic of it. My local AD pulled out her Omega book (the given AD booklet) and it stated that the indices are white gold. I had to read it twice, but that is what it said. Did anyone know this I didn't.

I believe the hands and indices are all white gold.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmego View Post
    Yup meant to say the hands as well. Thx
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

Quote Originally Posted by Chibatastic View Post
    I forgot to mention the AT's AR coating.

Check out the right side of the sapphire - Blue AR.

Keep in mind that this is window light with blue sky outside that window. Looking at an incandescent lightbulb reflection, I see blue hues that I don't with my PO.

I wonder if this is the same blue that they later changed on the Plannet Ocean (to clear) because it was easily scratched off.

Time will tell.. Dun dun dunnn
    Great shots. Great watch.

When I bought my AT it had the white AR. I scratched it and wore it for a while with none on before recently getting a new crystal. The new one is blue and I rather like it.

BTW, I read an Omega statement somewhere that the change to white was on purely aesthetic grounds and nothing to do with a tougher coating.
    Gary.

Moderator Omega, Jaeger Le-Coultre and Ladies' Watches .

Wow, that's pretty cool. They really took the AT up-market with the second gen. Isn't the white gold somehow functional too? I remember reading (Rolex stating) that it keeps the lume in place better over the long run? Or am I just misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by watchmego View Post
    The hands are white gold but the markers and date window are "applied" WG.

Fr. John†
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    The hands are white gold but the markers and date window are "applied" WG.

Fr. John†
    What does that mean to you?

To me, it means that they are solid white gold, applied to the dial. Just like we say that the numblers on the Liquid Metal PO dial are applied and not painted, for example.
    Last edited by SpringDriven; December 29th, 2010 at 15:59.
    Leporello likes this.
    James
    NAWCC Member.

Moderator Omega Forum Chibatastic's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Aqua terra 8500 thoughts thus far

Quote Originally Posted by SpringDriven View Post
    I could only wear the AT on a leather strap, I don't care for the fully brushed bracelet myself... Which is why if I got one, it would be the Two Tone Rose Gold, so I would enjoy the bracelet.

But then the Rolex 116201 just stands out more for me, so...

I am getting off topic, the above reasons are why an Hour Vision is on my to get list, it does not conflict with other interests, does not look like my Milgauss, my GS etc...

However, I do so much love the new AT, it is an incredible watch from my perspective. If I didn't already have two watches so similar. I do want one very very much, white, black, grey, whatever, but it is so difficult for me to justify, when an Hour Vision would fill a space I don't have filled by several other watches.

Oh, why don't I have one of these yet? Silicon Balance spring, I am holding out... :D

Just my OT ramble, sorry... :P

Again SUPER Congrats on an incredible, awesome, wonderful watch!

Thanks SpringDriven,

While I’m not big on wearing rose / yellow gold, I do like one model Rolex in particular. This image was posted a while back from our member GJ

Anyone know what size that one is?

Thanks Dan,
    I had no clue about the white gold indices!! You would think that’s a detail worth mentioning on the Omega’s web page..

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Great shots. Great watch.

When I bought my AT it had the white AR. I scratched it and wore it for a while with none on before recently getting a new crystal. The new one is blue and I rather like it.

BTW, I read an Omega statement somewhere that the change to white was on purely aesthetic grounds and nothing to do with a tougher coating.
    So far I like the blue AR as well
    That makes me wonder if they normally use clear on darker faced dials and blue AR on lighter dials.

Thanks for Chiming in guys!

Chiba

Quote Originally Posted by SpringDriven View Post
    What does that mean to you?

To me, it means that they are solid white gold, applied to the dial. Just like we say that the numblers on the Liquid Metal PO dial are applied and not painted, for example.
    That's what I thought, too.
    Gary.

Moderator Omega, Jaeger Le-Coultre and Ladies' Watches .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information