Bond's Carte Blanche watch is a Rolex ref 115200 Oyster Perpetual Date, black dial, domed bezel
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bond's Carte Blanche watch is a Rolex ref 115200 Oyster Perpetual Date, black dial, domed bezel

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bond's Carte Blanche watch is a Rolex ref 115200 Oyster Perpetual Date, black dial, domed bezel

73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Re: Bond's Carte Blanche watch is a Rolex ref 115200 Oyster Perpetual Date, black dial, domed bezel

Until, that is, he needs to wear a gold Breitling.
    Best regards

Steve

Re: Bond's Carte Blanche watch is a Rolex ref 115200 Oyster Perpetual Date, black dial, domed bezel

It's a big departure from a PO.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    I wonder if this will drive up sales of this model. At 34mm, it's a tad small for today's tastes, but although it would suit my 6.5 inch wrist, the pricing would surely not suit my $6.50 bank balance. Thanks for the link, Father J.

Quote Originally Posted by 4counters View Post
    It's a big departure from a PO.
    Ahh, but this is Book-Bond, not Film-Bond. In Fleming's books of the 1950s, Bond drove a 1933 4.5 Litre Bentley with a super-charged engine. That's right folks, he was a hoon!*
    In the new book, he's driving the latest model Bentley Continental GT;

Picture courtesy of World Of Wheels

Nice car, to be sure, but I dunno. With all the explosions that Bond has been responsible for over the years, you would think that he'd already left a big enough carbon footprint on the planet. Not only that, but according to www.motortrend.com, these things are listed at around $200,000.oo.
    I haven't finished reading "Carte Blanche". For all I know, Bond may have won a lottery at some point to be able to afford this car. Or maybe, like "Magnum P.I.", he's got use of the car, but doesn't actually own it. Who knows.

*Hoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

Hidden Content

My other distractions---> Hidden Content

The Bond in film will for sure be wearing an Omega.. But I wonder which one he will be wearing in the new movie which is set for filming around November this year.. I'm hoping he will stick to the 42mm Planet Ocean he wore in the previous movie..
    Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega Seamaster Pro 2220.80.00/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.03.003/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra Quartz 231.10.39.60.06.001/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Pepsi/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
    Until, that is, he needs to wear a gold Breitling.
    In case you missed my reply to your similar post(s) elsewhere, here are the references that immediately pop out to me from Carte Blanche, first edition, first printing, Hodder & Stoughton (UK):

Page 200: "Whatever his line he must have been successful; a heavy gold bracelet encircled his right wrist and his watch was a flashy Breitling."

Page 201: "Hydt had deduced that himself; the man's Breitling was worth around five thousand pounds."

Page 206: "While she'd coached him on facts that a South African mercenary might know, Sergeant Mbalula had gone to the evidence locker and found an incarcerated drug dealer's gaudy Breitling watch, to replace Bond's tasteful Rolex, and gold bracelet for the successful mercenary to wear."

Page 226: "Bond looked at the Breitling."

Page 267: "Bond looked at his huge Breitling watch."

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post
    I wonder if this will drive up sales of this model. At 34mm, it's a tad small for today's tastes, but although it would suit my 6.5 inch wrist, the pricing would surely not suit my $6.50 bank balance. Thanks for the link, Father J.

Ahh, but this is Book-Bond, not Film-Bond. In Fleming's books of the 1950s, Bond drove a 1933 4.5 Litre Bentley with a super-charged engine. That's right folks, he was a hoon!*
    In the new book, he's driving the latest model Bentley Continental GT ... according to www.motortrend.com, these things are listed at around $200,000.oo.
    I haven't finished reading "Carte Blanche". For all I know, Bond may have won a lottery at some point to be able to afford this car. Or maybe, like "Magnum P.I.", he's got use of the car, but doesn't actually own it. Who knows.

*Hoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Depending where you are in your reading, Jeffery Deaver is pretty clear: The Bentley Continental GT coupe in Carte Blanche is Bond's own personal car, and it's new. I don't want to spoil it for folks who have still yet to read this (it doesn't come out here in the United States until next Tuesday; the folks were kind enough to send me a copy, signed, from the May 26 launch event, which is how I've been able to read it through). But the backstory on the car is very nice, and it has several nice sequences in which it's a key role.
    Watches, James Bond Watches

Thanks, Dell! How ya been, anyway? I'm only up to page 49. I find myself wanting to savour this book and I want to give it some proper time when I can read much of it without distraction.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

Hidden Content

My other distractions---> Hidden Content

[QUOTE=DellDeaton;4036763]In case you missed my reply to your similar post(s) elsewhere, here are the references that immediately pop out to me from Carte Blanche, first edition, first printing, Hodder & Stoughton (UK):

Page 200: "Whatever his line he must have been successful; a heavy gold bracelet encircled his right wrist and his watch was a flashy Breitling."

Page 201: "Hydt had deduced that himself; the man's Breitling was worth around five thousand pounds."

Page 206: "While she'd coached him on facts that a South African mercenary might know, Sergeant Mbalula had gone to the evidence locker and found an incarcerated drug dealer's gaudy Breitling watch, to replace Bond's tasteful Rolex, and gold bracelet for the successful mercenary to wear."

Page 226: "Bond looked at the Breitling."

Page 267: "Bond looked at his huge Breitling watch."
    QUOTE]

Yes, I know the references as I finished the book a few days ago.
    Best regards

Steve

For all I know, Bond may have won a lottery at some point to be able to afford this car. Or maybe, like "Magnum P.I.", he's got use of the car, but doesn't actually own it. Who knows.

Without wishing to hijack this, but really on a small sidebar, do you know which watch Magnum PI used to wear? I used to enjoy that show as a kid....

Quote Originally Posted by Jez4 View Post
    For all I know, Bond may have won a lottery at some point to be able to afford this car. Or maybe, like "Magnum P.I.", he's got use of the car, but doesn't actually own it. Who knows.

Without wishing to hijack this, but really on a small sidebar, do you know which watch Magnum PI used to wear? I used to enjoy that show as a kid....
    I'm nearly sure it was a pepsi bezelled Rolex GMT Master.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keeping the British End Up....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information