I've had my eyes on a Speedmaster Date Steel on Steel (3184.108.40.206.06.001) for a while and recently I finally got around to actually going to buy it from the official Omega store in Westfield (as it seems to be the only store in London that has that type of watch).
Unfortunately the 6 months I took trying to make the decision on whether or not to buy it punished me as the price of the watch had risen 25% since the first time I saw it (up from £1,900 to £2,450). In addition, they weren't remotely interested in negotiating - the best they could do was give me a free pen!
Given that I'm off to Kuala Lumpur in about a months time, I wondered whether it would be possible to buy that watch (ideally from the Omega store there, but I might be open to other official jewellers - I'm just wary of being ripped off) for a slightly more sensible price.
If so, can anyone help me with the following questions:
- (The most important!) Is this a good idea?
- If so ... How much would it cost from the official Omega store? (£2,4500 = about 12,000 MYR)
- Would they negotiate? If so, what is the minimum discount I should expect?
- Are there any other reputable dealers where I should look?
- How much would the dealers in (4) charge me? What is the minimum discount I should expect?
Any other hints, tips and advice would be really appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!