WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Buying Omega in Toronto GTA

39K views 110 replies 63 participants last post by  david9999 
#1 ·
Where is the best place to buy Omega in the Toronto GTA, as I plan to buy the Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.51? I went into Birks in the Eaton Centre yesterday but the service was appalling. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

JJ

#96 ·
I purchased an Omega Seamaster (232.30.46.51.01.001) in the GTA six months ago after visiting a number of authorised dealers.

I preferred the service and the down-to-earth personalities of the staff at Loro Jewellers, where I eventually went on to make my purchase at.

I had a poor experience with European Jewellery, who showed me a watch that did not look new. It had scratches in multiple areas and a large scratch (more like a dent) on the case. I pointed out all the scratches and the unacceptable state of the watch, and they offered me a measly $200 off the price and began to become rude.

I recommend visiting Loro at Sherway Gardens (Omega boutique at Sherway) when the owner Haigo is present, as he can offer the best price.

#99 ·
I purchased an Omega Seamaster (232.30.46.51.01.001) in the GTA six months ago after visiting a number of authorised dealers.

I preferred the service and the down-to-earth personalities of the staff at Loro Jewellers, where I eventually went on to make my purchase at.

I had a poor experience with European Jewellery, who showed me a watch that did not look new. It had scratches in multiple areas and a large scratch (more like a dent) on the case. I pointed out all the scratches and the unacceptable state of the watch, and they offered me a measly $200 off the price and began to become rude.

I recommend visiting Loro at Sherway Gardens (Omega boutique at Sherway) when the owner Haigo is present, as he can offer the best price.
Funny you mention Loro. I was just there the other day at Sherway Gardens. What sort of discount can you expect from the owner?

#97 ·
Hi All. Looking to purchase my first ever Omega - a Speedy Pro 42mm manual wind.

I went to Royal De Versailles on Sat and the staff, while very attractive and provocatively dressed, really did not know a whole lot about watches. Who is the best AD in Toronto for both price and knowledge of the product? This is a big purchase for me and I don't want to mess up.

I've heard Minh Chau has very good prices.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

#98 ·
I find many watch salespeople don't know much about watches and I end up knowing more about the watch then them.

If you're a watch noob, it's best to learn about a watch on here or another site, and then visiting some AD'S to see who can get you the best price.

And don't worry of the AD tries to sell you on their after sale customer service. If you're buying an Omega, there's a service centre located in downtown Toronto.

#100 ·
Hi,

I'm looking into buying an Omega Aqua Terra Master. Trying to get a gauge on what I can realistically ask for in terms of price at Loro or Min Chau. Looking at the blue face model (Not the James Bond version) on either a bracelet or strap. Not sure yet about 38.5 or 41.5 size.

Any idea on what a reasonable offer would be?

#101 ·
Hi

I'm currently looking to buy a Speedy Pro (sapphire sandwich) and was wondering if anyone would recommend one shop over another:

L'Oro at Sherway Gardens
Humbertown Jewellers
Minh Chau (do they still carry Omega?)

PMs on experiences and who might possibly offer the best price would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

#102 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase Speedmaster Racing in GTA
can some one PM me where I should go to receive the best discount?
I know on authenticwatches.com its selling for $2849USD tax included and I will go pick it up my self in buffalo.

can some one let me know where should i go and what kind discount can i expect for this watch? and i assume i would have to pay additional 13% sales tax in ON

#106 ·
Hi Everyone! New to the forum. I'm looking to make my first Omega purchase and am looking for an AD in Toronto that offers decent pricing.

I'm looking at an SMP 300 212.30.41.20.03.001.

Called Minh Chau the other day and they no longer carry Omega. Based on the forum, the next best recommendation seems to be Loro in Vaughan. Is there a particular discount I can reasonably ask for or is there a particular associate? Please PM me.

Thanks for your help!

#107 ·
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i'm in the market for a Planet Ocean or Aqua Terra. Would prefer to purchase in Canada given the exchange and the duties we have to pay from buying in the US. I'm thinking of shopping around a few local AD's in Toronto to see which offers the best discount. What is a reasonable discount, I'd be pretty happy with 20% but not sure if i'm selling myself short at that point?

Many Thanks,
Brad

#108 ·
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i'm in the market for a Planet Ocean or Aqua Terra. Would prefer to purchase in Canada given the exchange and the duties we have to pay from buying in the US. I'm thinking of shopping around a few local AD's in Toronto to see which offers the best discount. What is a reasonable discount, I'd be pretty happy with 20% but not sure if i'm selling myself short at that point?

Many Thanks,
Brad

#110 ·
Hi , I’m interested in purchasing a SMPc in the Toronto area and would appreciate any thoughts on which AD would be the go to spot for pricing (with contact name if possible).

Cheers!

#111 ·
Hi , I’m interested in purchasing a SMPc in the Toronto area and would appreciate any thoughts on which AD would be the go to spot for pricing (with contact name if possible).

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.