Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Buying Omega in Toronto GTA

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Buying Omega in Toronto GTA

Where is the best place to buy Omega in the Toronto GTA, as I plan to buy the Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.51? I went into Birks in the Eaton Centre yesterday but the service was appalling. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

JJ

Re: Buying Omega in Toronto GTA

Birks - are you kidding? the most that they will give is 10% - and you would think that they're offering you one of their kidneys when they give you the discount They're just as difficult as European Jewellers. I just PM'd you with the AD that I normally go to.

HUmbertown jewlers or loro in vaughan mills

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by speedy49 View Post
    HUmbertown jewlers or loro in vaughan mills
    +1 for l'oro, they took good care of me. Personally I won't ever do more than window shop at European Jewellers after my encounters there.

Good luck in your search,
    HBL
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Thumbs Up Re: Buying Omega in Toronto GTA

Minh Chau Jewellery & Watches

352 Spadina Avenue
    Toronto M5T 2G4

(416) 979-8888

If you check your PM I sent you my real name so that if you mention it to the owners they will give you the "friends and family" discount.

Good luck!

Van Rijk on Eglinton Ave just east of Yonge St. for a very large selection of used Omegas. Van Rijk is the premier used timepiece dealer in the country.

I second the Minh Chau suggestion.

Try Birk's at the Manulife Centre, and make sure you ask for Michel Cliff. He's been with Birk's for years and is very knowledgeable and discounted my own Planet Ocean purchase 22% several years ago.

Humbertown always has an excellent selection of everything, but their pricing is often very stiff. L'Oro (the location in Vaughan Mills - not Markville Mall) is a good bet as has already been mentioned.

Berani at Bayview Village is also very good and always has a good selection of models.

Rob at Finch Centre Jewlelers near 400 & 7 in Woodbridge is a great guy and gives me great deals. Tell him Mario referred you. You wont be sorry.

Stay AWAY from Van Rijk if you want to save money, check it out if you want to see a few models.

Moderator Omega Forum Chibatastic's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Buying Omega in Toronto GTA

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    Rob at Finch Centre Jewlelers near 400 & 7 in Woodbridge is a great guy and gives me great deals. Tell him Mario referred you. You wont be sorry.

Stay AWAY from Van Rijk if you want to save money, check it out if you want to see a few models.
    I can second that, I went to Van Rijk reciently and the prices were rediculas.

Do any of the other places come close to grey market prices?

Chiba

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyja View Post
    Where is the best place to buy Omega in the Toronto GTA, as I plan to buy the Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.51? I went into Birks in the Eaton Centre yesterday but the service was appalling. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

JJ
    Van Rijk is a waste of time. Overpriced and rude sales lady. Had no time for me until she saw my TT Datejust II then all of a sudden I was their VIP customer. I have several suggestions:
    1) Order from the FAD. Discount is better than any Toronto AD plus the US retail price is much lower than the CDN retail price.
    2) Got to to L'Oro in Vaughan Mills for FAD-like discount but you start off with a higher retail price and pay the 13% sales tax.
    3) Wait for the Swatch Friends and Family Sale which happens twice a year. Their office and showroom is on Richmond West near Bathurst. Small selection but upto 50%.

Moderator Omega Forum Chibatastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king1412 View Post
    Van Rijk is a waste of time. Overpriced and rude sales lady. Had no time for me until she saw my TT Datejust II then all of a sudden I was their VIP customer. I have several suggestions:
    1) Order from the FAD. Discount is better than any Toronto AD plus the US retail price is much lower than the CDN retail price.
    2) Got to to L'Oro in Vaughan Mills for FAD-like discount but you start off with a higher retail price and pay the 13% sales tax.
    3) Wait for the Swatch Friends and Family Sale which happens twice a year. Their office and showroom is on Richmond West near Bathurst. Small selection but upto 50%.
    When is the Swatch Friends and Family Sale?

Chiba

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information