WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Buying Omega in Toronto GTA

39K views 110 replies 63 participants last post by  david9999 
#1 ·
Where is the best place to buy Omega in the Toronto GTA, as I plan to buy the Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.51? I went into Birks in the Eaton Centre yesterday but the service was appalling. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

JJ

#3 ·
HUmbertown jewlers or loro in vaughan mills

#6 ·
Van Rijk on Eglinton Ave just east of Yonge St. for a very large selection of used Omegas. Van Rijk is the premier used timepiece dealer in the country.

I second the Minh Chau suggestion.

Try Birk's at the Manulife Centre, and make sure you ask for Michel Cliff. He's been with Birk's for years and is very knowledgeable and discounted my own Planet Ocean purchase 22% several years ago.

Humbertown always has an excellent selection of everything, but their pricing is often very stiff. L'Oro (the location in Vaughan Mills - not Markville Mall) is a good bet as has already been mentioned.

Berani at Bayview Village is also very good and always has a good selection of models.

#7 ·
Rob at Finch Centre Jewlelers near 400 & 7 in Woodbridge is a great guy and gives me great deals. Tell him Mario referred you. You wont be sorry.

Stay AWAY from Van Rijk if you want to save money, check it out if you want to see a few models.

#9 ·
Where is the best place to buy Omega in the Toronto GTA, as I plan to buy the Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.51? I went into Birks in the Eaton Centre yesterday but the service was appalling. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

JJ
Van Rijk is a waste of time. Overpriced and rude sales lady. Had no time for me until she saw my TT Datejust II then all of a sudden I was their VIP customer. I have several suggestions:
1) Order from the FAD. Discount is better than any Toronto AD plus the US retail price is much lower than the CDN retail price.
2) Got to to L'Oro in Vaughan Mills for FAD-like discount but you start off with a higher retail price and pay the 13% sales tax.
3) Wait for the Swatch Friends and Family Sale which happens twice a year. Their office and showroom is on Richmond West near Bathurst. Small selection but upto 50%.

#14 ·
I don't mean to be a hijacker, I just wanted to know what the Canadian MSRP of the PO is in Toronto. I was under the impression that there would be price hikes beginning March 1, but this far, I haven't seen anything in my part of Canada.
Canadian MRSP is $4500. No price rise in March 2010. US MRSP went up to $3950 in March 2010. Still cheaper to buy from the US since the discounts are higher and no sales tax.

#19 ·
See Ruth at the Birk's at Fairview Mall. Tell her James--as in James in the Middle East--sent you!

I know that European Jewelry doesn't do exchanges or refunds. Birk's does.

Birk's also gives you an additional year's warranty.

They may not be the cheapest, but I like them and will continue to get my Omegas from them!

#23 ·
Hi all

Just going to bump this thread rather than start a new one...

I'm in the market for an Omega PO right now. Dealt with the usual ED and Birks, not much there in the way of discounting on the new range.
I'm going to try L'oro and some of the others mentioned. Has anything changed in the past two years since this thread was started - any other ADs to consider?

Cheers

#26 ·
I wouldn't want to swap watches, I know exactly which one I want (still deciding on strap though!), there are no others in contention.
The only reason I'd ever consider Birks is because their card allows payment over 20 months interest-free, allowing me to keep my money invested for longer. That said, L'Oro seems to be extremely popular and I will be visiting them this week; I'm sure they'll be willing to provide enough discount over Birks to make their only positive disappear.

Thanks for the responses |>

#31 · (Edited)
Birks gives up to 50% on Omegas, EJ does too, but there customer service is awful. ( yes I know you guys will think im smoking something :p) You just need to know the proper sales person and buy at the right time :D (it won't be a new" Omega it'll be something thats been sitting in the shelf for 2-3years that they can't sell :D but its still a nice deal you'd get a worse deal from Costco.)

#32 ·
Birks gives up to 50% on Omegas, EJ does too, but there customer service is awful. ( yes I know you guys will think im smoking something :p) You just need to know the proper sales person and buy at the right time :D (it won't be a new" Omega it'll be something thats been sitting in the shelf for 2-3years that they can't sell :D)
Something that they can't sell is probably also something that you don't want to buy, whatever the discount.

#36 ·
I need help to get a watch in Toronto area. Model number 232.30.38.20.04.001

I am looking for Omega PO 37mm white steel on steel (OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Planet Ocean - Steel on steel - 232.30.38.20.04.001

I went to 3 places today and here are the result:
Loro at Vaughan Mill 6100 no tax
European Jewellery at Yorkdale 6100 no tax
Raffi at yorkdale. They don't have Omega at yorkdale so they called the oakville store for me. 6100 + TAX does not even want to offer me any deal at all.

I was ready to buy but I don't think any of the store is offering me a good deal. Any suggestion on where to go or who I should talk to?

Should I get it in Toronto or elsewhere online (knowing the additional tax and duty when ship from outside Canada)

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

#37 · (Edited)
I would think all the TO dealers will offer the same discounts as none will want to risk losing AD status. Toronto, as yet, does not have a boutique - I figure its got to be on a very short list for a new boutique store somewhere in Yorkville. I could understand, along with a boutique presence in Yorkvile, an Omega dealer in the Yorkdale mall and one in the Eaton Center - Birks would be a good fit, or perhaps Tiffany's & Co (I believe Swatch Group owns or has a partnership with T & Co.). If you purchase a watch from outside Canada the duty is 5% and any exchange rate to convert currency. I doubt you'd find any significant price difference on a new watch wherever you buy it from. When I talked to the AD in St. Maarten (Little Switzerland) they said Omega wants price parity no matter where someone decides to purchase a watch. I'd like to know if anyone else here has heard a similar story from foreign vs. local AD's

#38 ·
I don't honestly know why we discuss these matters in the open forum, if someone has a great % off or knows of someone handing it out thats an AD, send the guy a pm, look what happened to the great deal on the PO a month ago, when it got draged through the forum....we don't intentionally want people to lose the % off or other factors that come into play, but it ends up happening when we want to pass on our good fortune to others. In the end no one wins :( (don't know why this didn't hit me earlier but from now on, I get a good % off, I'm pming to whoever is interested, not what was previously commonly done )

#39 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a good AD for Omega in Toronto. I plan on visiting there after the new year and would like to buy an Omega Aqua Terra watch. I have been looking around online for a reputable AD and came across only two stores, one of which is European Jewellers. It seems to me that there are a lot of customer service issues with this company and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good company to buy from. I am not looking to buy this watch at its boutique (MSRP) pricing, since i am sure that the watch goes for a little less than what the MSRP is. Any advice would be appreciated.

#43 ·
I went by Fairview Mall (404 and Sheppard) Birk's last week and the store manager mentioned to me they'll stop selling Omegas in 2 months time. Maybe a good opportunity to go in and haggle the prices a bit? No idea of their knowledge level or negotiation leeway, just a possible opportunity.

#52 ·
Hi guys,

First time poster, I am looking to purchase the Omgea SMP and was wondering if someone could PM me a referral to a recommended AD in GTA/Toronto. I've read about Loro, Finch Centre Jewellers and Humberton but was wondering if there's anyone specific that I should try to speak to at these locations.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.