WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Gold PO2500c review

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Zidane 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I been having the Omega Planet Ocean 2500c for about 1 week now, this is a short Review.

Always been a Rolex kind of guy, so when I traded for the Omega using a GMTc II as part of trade there was a "what the hell are you doing" kind of moment, but I still did it.

When I received the Omega, initially I was dissapointed, my Eyes was used to the Rolexes and so the Omega was something else, I quickly flipped the Omega for a Submariner TT.

But as the Days Went by, I started to looking at the Pictures I took when I had the Omega, start Reading more about the Omega Planet Ocean 2500 and the Co-Axial movement and its history I realize something, the Omega 2500c is something I must have, so flipped flopp I traded back the Omega.

1. The looks:
As brand I will Always choose Rolex over Omega, if its between any other Planet Ocean 2500 and the Submariner or the GMTc II I will also go with the Submariner or the GMTc II.
But the Gold PO2500, there is just something about it :) I Always love the look of gold, red, rose or yellow gold on rubber/leather strap, I mean look at the Pictures.
Some people hate the helium valve screwdown just like they dislike the date bubble on Rolexes, I love the bubble date and I also love the helium vale. It give the Watch character and IMO make it looks cool.
The bezel is not as good as the Sub but what I like about it is the better minutes/triangle lineup over the Sub.
I Think case also look better on the PO over the Sub as the twisted form near the lugs really make it look cool.

2. The dial:
Because of the double AR coating on both side of the sapphire glas most of the time I dont see the crystal at all, as if the dial is visible without a glas in between. Because of the AR there is a blue tint when looking at certain light, I like the raised Omega logo on the dial and the open 9 and 6 give it more character. Its not a busy dial and Reading the time is very easy. I would like it to have some color but ohh well :)

3. Deployant and band:
When I take off the Watch I can really feel the gold weight which is Heavy! but I can barely feel anything when its on my wrist :) originally coming with a leather strap but its on a rubber band now which is something I love since I like rubber more than leather ;) I had the hirsh deployant Before on some Hirsch band, while it was good the Comfort was not 100%. The Omega deployant however is super comfortable along with its OEM rubber strap.

4. Movement:
Not trying to make a war here but the Co-Axial really works and so far the 2500c movement have been better than all the 31xx movement I had in term of accuracy. I dont know if I been unlucky or something, but regulated or not, brand new or used all of the Rolexes I had have been a few seconds too fast or too slow per 24 hours. The Omega however have been -0.5 after 5 Days! it would not surprise me if I Wake up tommorrow and its spot on again after being off my wrist since that is what I been experience the last few Days, it somehow reset itself after a good night "sleep" :D

Summary: I will one day come back to Rolex since it was my first love, but if I stick with this Omega for a long time it would not surprise me at all, it has almost Everything I want. I Think this is the second best Omega PO2500 out there, the best would be the one Michael Phelps is wearing, with all gold links and all. But given the choice I would still go with rubber strap since all gold is too much for my taste.

Im sure I missed out alot of things to do in a Review but mehhhh :-d

Thanks for Reading :-!

See less See more
#2 ·
That thing is horrid! You're right, go back to Rolex, but send me the Gold PO so I can see how disgusting it is in real life! :-d

Damn, that thing is a BEAUT. I'm glad you were able to get it back from the trade!!! So nice.

#5 ·
I have always been a huge planet Ocean fan and the gold is pretty rare. I have never been a huge gold fan but this really works with the rubber strap. I would loved Omega to do some 2-tone pieces. Beautiful piece!

Are the hands hands/markers gold as well?
Well the hands and markers are in gold colors, but Im not 100% its gold but it should be gold given this is a gold version of the PO.

#13 ·
Very cool. I'm not a huge two-tone fan, but ALL gold...GIMME IT!

Reactions: solesman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.