WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Incoming - Omega Railmaster LE (deposit put in - allocated last piece in Australia)

46K views 307 replies 61 participants last post by  dantan 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am super excited!

I have managed to put my name on the final Omega Railmaster LE scheduled for Australia.

I had to put a 20% Deposit on it.

The RRP in Australia is AUD$9,125.00.

The Omega Boutique is unable to tell me when it will arrive, but it will be sometime later this year.

In the meantime, I can keep dreaming about this beauty:

See less See more
#3 ·
You're going to need a bigger watch box Dan. Congrats on the pickup-to-be.

Reactions: dantan
#8 ·
October would work well for me.

I am going to be in Melbourne in October, so I would love to pick it up from one of the Omega Boutiques there, and get the full treatment.

Congrats! [emoji1360] Nice choice.[emoji6]

Really? That sounds like October/November to me. I was hoping it would be in the next few weeks...

Reactions: carlhaluss
#9 ·
I know that it sounds crazy, but ever since I saw this Watch released at Baselworld (I mean, online), I knew that I HAVE to have one of these in my collection, but I never thought that I would be able to obtain one.

I gave up simply because I live in Western Australia, and we never get anything allocated here.

Last night, I decided to shoot off some e-mails, and this morning, deal's done with an Omega Boutique in Melbourne for the last unallocated Omega Railmaster LE.

Reactions: Ken G
#11 ·
The only thing that I am disappointed with is that the rated Water Resistance is only 60 metres.

I am not taking it Swimming or anything, and 60 metres would be plenty for rainwater, etc, but considering the previous Railmaster had 150 metres of Water Resistance, this is disappointing.

Also, the RRP of AUD$9,125.00, just for reference, is nearly as expensive as a Rolex Submariner 114060 (RRP $9,450.00) and more expensive than a Rolex Explorer 214270 (RRP $8,250.00).

Reactions: carlhaluss
#14 ·
Strange that Omega has done that with the WR, from what I umderstand it's not a particularly thin watch. Still 60m should be more than enough for normal activities.

Price is not cheap but with the rarity it will almost certainly be one of those rare instances where buying a watch is actually a good investment. Old Railmasters are going for silly money these days!

#16 ·
The service in Melbourne is so good, in general.

The service in Perth is absolutely atrocious.

People here make you feel as though you are a pain to them!

Within 30 minutes, I had all three Omega Boutiques in Melbourne contact me this morning.

#19 ·
I am just too excited!

And, to be honest, I might actually receive it in the next few weeks.

They do not actually know when they will be arriving, but they think that it might be here before I am in Melbourne in October.

#25 ·

Reactions: mazman01 and Ken G
#30 ·
A huge congrats on a modern piece of Omega's history

Reactions: dantan
#34 ·
I am in a strange position, because, as excited as I am, and I would love to get this beauty on my wrist ASAP, I also would prefer to have it arrive just before or while I am in Melbourne for my holiday, so that I can have the full Omega Boutique treatment, get it sized by them, and feel all warm and fuzzy.

I just hope that it won't arrive later than October!

#36 ·
Congratulations!

Perhaps this could be the un-official Omega Railmaster LE thread!

Did you manage to obtain a discount off the full RRP?

I did not even bother asking, because I knew that they would laugh at me, if I tried to obtain a discount off an LE.

#38 ·
I have given up on the whole trimming thing!

But I really need to start selling some pieces!

This is a must for my Watch collection.

#45 ·
Getting very exciting!

#46 ·
I have just received a Receipt from the Omega Boutique that I have put my Deposit with.

They will be updating me, as soon as they receive word on when it's arriving.

Reactions: sonofeve
#48 ·
I shall have to share my love with another Watch when my new Omega Railmaster LE arrives.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.