My First Omega - The Long Awaited Aqua Terra
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: My First Omega - The Long Awaited Aqua Terra

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My First Omega - The Long Awaited Aqua Terra

I've always been a fan of Omega and wanted one since I was a kid. When the 2500 Planet Ocean was introduced, I decided that this will be my first Omega. I went to various ADs and OBs, and kept trying it on. Then 4 years ago I went to the Houston OB with the intention of seeing the PO yet again. I was with my wife who is extremely patient and supportive with my hobby (and everything else). While she was waiting for me, she was browsing the store and said "what about this blue one?". Based on the pictures that I had seen, I was not really interested in the Aqua Terra before that. It was the blue Aqua Terra GMT on a blue strap. I put it on and I was immediately in love. Wow, what a beauty. But I don't need a GMT and want something smaller so the regular AT was what my heart desired.

The blue Aqua Terra turned into an obsession of sorts, I've probably saved every picture of the AT posted here and elsewhere. I must have hundreds of pictures of it on my phone. In the following years I kept going to Omega boutiques and ADs whenever I had the chance. I've never wanted a watch for this long and I knew it was the perfect watch for me. I kept talking to my wife about it, seeing it at GTGs, posting about it and thinking about it. It's been 4 years since I saw it the first time and the desire to have it never subsided.

I don't want to bore you further so I'll skip to the chase. My fifth wedding anniversary was this past Friday and my amazing wife bought me my long awaited blue Aqua Terra. She took me to Timeless Luxury Watches and she made the whole experience very memorable. I have many other watches, but this one is the most special one on many levels. It's very sentimental, and it will never leave my collection.

I've been wearing it nonstop since then. It fits me perfectly, it's gorgeous, keeps great time (+2s) and puts a giant smile on my face. I am stoked to have an Omega on my wrist, it still feels surreal.

Before I get to the pictures, I want to thank Timeless Luxury Watches in Frisco, TX for the great service. Dan and Anna were great as always (I bought my Damasko there a few years ago). Their pricing is more than fair and they provide a very personal experience. If you are looking for an Omega AD, I highly recommend Timeless.

Anyway, pictures...

Beautiful story and spectacular watch. Congratulations on making dreams come true. It is a gorgeous piece.
    Iliyan likes this.

Re: My First Omega - The Long Awaited Aqua Terra

Beautiful watch and congrats to a fellow Collin county or DFW resident. Maybe I will see your new addition out in the wild sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iliyan and SeanoftheDead516 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyan View Post
    It's been 4 years since I saw it the first time and the desire to have it never subsided.
    I've had my AT8500 for 6+ years, and my desire to have it has never subsided either...

Great watch, great pictures, and great story. Enjoy it for many years to come. A lot of folks on this board are constantly flipping, and that's great if it works for them, but in my view it is nice to have a watch that you know you will never sell, that accumulates the scratches and dings with honor over the years, and that has a story (or stories) connected with it. Congrats!

Congratulations!
    Iliyan likes this.
    cheers - mike

Superb pics of a beautiful piece. Congrats on your new Omega!
    Iliyan likes this.

Enjoy it! You won't stop obsessing over the dial.. There is just something special about how it looks under the light. It has a life of its own. I can't stop looking at mine whenever I'm wearing it...

Iliyan likes this.
    Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega Seamaster Pro 2220.80.00/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.03.003/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra Quartz 231.10.39.60.06.001/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Pepsi/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Hidden Content

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! I tried one on at the Houston OB two weeks ago and I think it might be next on my wishlist. Happy anniversary! 5 year anniversary huh? I think I might ask for one from my wife. ;)

I took a terrible photo and yet I still think it looks beautiful. Name:  IMG_0428.JPG
Views: 742
Size:  2.67 MB

Iliyan likes this.

Wonderful watch, Congratulations!

Iliyan likes this.

Yow, what a gorgeous blue dial!!!
    Iliyan likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Blancpain * Cartier * International Watch Company * Invicta * Jaeger LeCoultre * ochs und junior * Omega * Rolex * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information