Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My five favourite OMEGA watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

My five favourite OMEGA watches

Name:  omega-watches-omega-seamaster-other.jpg
Views: 4714
Size:  132.2 KB

OMEGA Watches, located in Biel/Bienne Switzerland, has always made progressively advanced timepieces and since their founding in 1848, their hard work has earned them the reputation as official timekeeper of the Olympic Games. OMEGA watches are well known for their durability and precision, and celebrated for their elegant yet sporty design. OMEGA watches have been worn both on the surface of the moon, on the bottom of the ocean and on the wrist of 007. The brand has an unparalleled history. OMEGA has revolutionised the mechanical watch industry with the introduction of the lubricant free Co-Axial mechanism, developed by the late genius English Watchmaker Mr. George Daniels. Here are a few interesting and affordable models from the pioneering watch brand.

These OMEGA watches are the personal choice of Mohammed Faaiz, Customer Service Manager of a prominent family-owned watch retailing group based in South India.

Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch

Name:  Omega-Speedmaster-Professional-Moonwatch.jpg
Views: 8660
Size:  54.5 KB

Very few watches can match the pedigree and rich history of an Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch with reference 3570.50.00. This official NASA Spaceflight qualified watch has undergone rigorous testing under various extreme conditions and therefore for some, it is the ultimate tool watch.

The watch features a beautiful Lemania based Manual Winding Chronograph movement popularly known as the Omega Calibre 1861, with a power reserve of 48 hours! It also has a shatterproof plexiglass, an absolute must for the safety of space travellers. The water resistance rating of the watch is up to 30 metres / 100 Feet. Case diameter is 42mm, hence it will fit most wrists perfectly. If you were asked to choose only one watch for the rest of your life, the Moonwatch is definitely a worthy contender. It retails for around £3,200.00, not bad at all considering the history and legacy of this particular model.

Omega DeVille Co-Axial Chronometer

Name:  Omega-DeVille-Co-Axial-Chronometer.jpg
Views: 9542
Size:  36.4 KB

Timeless classical design and elegance defines the Omega DeVille Co-Axial Chronometer Reference 4571.31.00. The highlight of this watch is the fantastic and precise Automatic Chronometer Co-Axial Movement, developed by the late watchmaking legend, Mr.George Daniels. The 36.5mm Stainless Steel Case is 30 metres / 100 Feet Water Resistant. Retail Price is around £2,200.00 for this elegant wristwatch from Omega.

Omega Seamaster James Bond GMT

Name:  Omega-Seamaster-James-Bond-GMT.jpg
Views: 4694
Size:  44.7 KB

The Omega Seamaster GMT (007 edition; reference 2535.80.00) is an all-rounder watch featuring several utilitarian qualities. Again, the movement of the watch is a Self Winding Co-Axial Automatic Movement with a GMT function, a useful complication for globe trotters. The beauty of the Omega Calibre 2628 movement can be appreciated through the transparent Sapphire Caseback. The movement has a power reserve of 44 hours and has a waterproof rating of 300 metres /1000 Feet! This 41mm rugged wristwatch from Omega retails for around £2,900.00

Omega Speedmaster Day-Date

Name:  Omega-Speedmaster-Day-Date.jpg
Views: 4482
Size:  74.9 KB

Omega Speedmaster Reference 3222.80.00 is a fine example of why complicated watches need not be necessarily expensive. The watch’s self winding chronograph movement based on the tried and tested legendary workhorse, the Valjoux 7750 calibre (known as Omega calibre 3606 in this iteration), also has useful complications like Date, Day and even month indication. The movement has a power-reserve of 44 hours. Not particularly a wrist-hugging design, the 40mm size, 100 metres / 330 Feet water resistant stainless steel case that houses the integrated chronograph movement is 16mm thick. The retail price for this affordable complicated watch from Omega is approximately £2,700.00.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

Name:  Omega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean1.jpg
Views: 4713
Size:  51.9 KB

For those who are looking for a daily wear watch and not a Rolex Submariner but something similar, the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean reference 2201.51.00 serves the purpose. It has a 42mm size Stainless Steel case with Uni-directional Rotating Bezel, Screw-In Crown and Caseback. The watch features an automatic Co-Axial movement that has 4 years manufacturer’s warranty. Although, this 600 metres/2000 feet waterproof watch is primarily intended for water based sport activities, it also looks good with formal attire. The retail price for the Omega Planet Ocean Co-Axial is around £2,950.00.

Prices are quoted in sterling, they may differ in other countries.

Visit the OMEGA Watches website
    Colombo.D likes this.

Re: My five favourite OMEGA watches

These editorials are so odd and misplaced. There is such great dialogue on these forums why force it. What's the point?
    joe band, Dixan, Iliyan and 1 others like this.

Are the co-axial movements really lubricant-free??
    Last edited by ConElPueblo; August 30th, 2013 at 13:38.

My top five Omegas of all time:

1. 105.003
    2. 105.012
    3. 145.013
    4. CK2915
    5. BA345.0801

Yeah. Weird post.
    Ω 3570.50, Ω SM300, Ω 3221.30, Ω 2538.20.00, Ω 186.010, Ω 176.012,
    Ω 198.005, Ω 135.011

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    These editorials are so odd and misplaced. There is such great dialogue on these forums why force it. What's the point?
    yes they are, most of them doesn't even make any sense.

Sure it's one thing to share but.....yeah...strange

Give me the first and last. You can keep the rest.

"And now a word from our sponsor..." LOL!!!
    Last edited by hpowders; August 30th, 2013 at 17:48.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional.
    Rolex Submariner Dateless 114060.
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control Date Black Dial.

Panerai Luminor 112.
    Grand Seiko SBGX061.
    Seiko Beater.

Unfortunately I think these are paid placement editorials. Now why is another question. Ace is the forum sponsor perhaps they can ask it stop.

A bit offtopic but what is the version of the PO 2500 with the all black dial(not the matte black)and white-blue lume?this is by far my most favourite.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What?

Where is the Aqua Terra love?

Name:  Aqua Terra.jpg
Views: 3744
Size:  154.5 KB
    Breitling SuperOcean Professional
    Breitling Aerospace
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Co-Axial (Black)
    Omega Seamaster Quartz 120
    80's Rolex Oyster Perpetual
    1967 Vintage Rolex Oyster 1002
    Seiko 100 Year anniversary SRP453
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko Automatic Diver
    Sea-Gull D58 58th Anniversary
    Sea-Gull 1963 re-issue China Airforce 1st aviation chronograph
    Two Parramatta Eels NRL supporters watches
    Arbutus of New York, (which is apparently in China) Tourbillion and a perpetual calendar thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information