My Very First REAL watch - an Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50!!
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: My Very First REAL watch - an Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Laughing My Very First REAL watch - an Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50!!

Hi Everyone,

Just a couple of months back i never even knew such forums existed. I'm really not a watch guy, the only 2 watches i've ever owned being a 40 yr old Seiko Diver hand me down, and a Suunto digital dive computer that i've been using as my daily watch for the past 6 years, EVERDAY. Well i did own a G-Shock for a couple of days when i was much younger before i decided to test it's "shock-proofness', and wrecked it on my first try.

Anyway, it all started about 2 months ago when i noticed a mate of mine surfing the internet looking at Omega watches ( He was looking for a Seamaster 2594 and found it soon after). We began talking and then i went home that night i started 'just looking' at the different Omegas online and i was HOOKED!! Going through countless of websites and spending lots of time surfing through WUS and reading everyone's reviews and thoughts until it came to the point that i could memorize almost every Omega reference number on the market now and in the past decade!! Settled on looking for a Seamaster Pro as i'm very much a 'Sea" person who dives a lot. i even bought my girlfriend a vintage 1960s NOS Seamaster for her birthday. And then about a week back while spending my study time on this forum i started reading about lot's of guys out there having the dilemma of choosing between the Seamaster or Speedmaster. I didnt even know what a chronograph was really for then other then to look sophisticated, and there begin my 'Omegache' - Omega Headache which i have been having for the past few weeks. I'm not that well off that I can easily afford a few watches that i like and the one i get would probably be on my wrist for the next 10 years, as such i spend many sleepless nights, even lying awake in bed just staring and comparing these 2 watches...

Well long boring story short, I finally got my very own Omega today, a brand new Speedmaster Pro 3570.50!!!! Got a really good deal on it from a local shop, too good to miss out on and continue looking for my Seamaster that i initially wanted!! Reasons i ended up choosing the Speedy -

1. All the history & legacy in this watch. It was a Speedy Pro almost 50 years ago, it still is a Speedy pro today, and probably will be the Speedy Pro 50 years on.

2. I knew i wanted a watch that i could buy now, wear it almost everyday and still be able to pass it on. Something i knew i wouldn't be tempted to let go.

3. Was drawn to it being a mechanical hand wound watch, something that stands out among all the automatics and quartz we find today. And it looks more like the Precision Instrument that it is than something that just tells the time

4. It's a watch that does not look very spectacular when you wear it for the very first time, but it's timeless versatile design grows on you and with you. The more i look at it, the more i seem to fall in love with this watch.

4. And what really sealed the deal was someone once saying on this forum that it is " so much watch for the money", i guess both in technical terms and much more than that too.

Well, just could not resist sharing this on my very first post on this forum because i am so very happy tonight!!! No more just staring at all your photos now!!!
    And what i really want to do is say a huge THANK YOU to everyone on this forum whose posts, reviews and comments contributed in many ways in my decision towards getting my very first REAL watch!!! THANK YOU!!!

**Will post up photos soon!!**

Really pleased for you if indeed it reeeeally happened. Hurry up with those pics!!!

Re: My Very First REAL watch - an Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50!!

Post pictures or it didn't happen !

Just kidding, I also got my first Omega (a Seamaster Pro GMT co-axial) last week and I fully understand your excitement. May you enjoy your great new watch in many years to come in good health
    "It's easy to make something complicated, but much less easy to make it simple." - François-Paul Journe

Big congratulations! The Speedmaster is a great choice.

Ω Omega SMP 2531.80

Congrats!! Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've a feeling a seamaster will eventually come your way! ^_^

Congratulations, that's a great watch to pass on to your next generation.
    Collection:

Casio G-Shock Solar Frogman (GW-200Z)
    Citizen Promaster Titanium Aqualand (JV0051-60E)
    Seiko Prospex Solar Diver (SBDN003)
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Automatic (Q2018770)
    Rolex Submariner (114060)
    Omega Seamaster Professional (2255.80.00)
    Tudor Hydronaut II (20030-93570)

Field & Stream Compass Pocket Watch
    Longines Pocket Watch (L7.012.4)

Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on a classic ...

We look forward to see your pictures ...

Congratulations. Speedmasters really are awesome. Few other watches have stood the test of time so well. The moon watch is almost has only had a couple of very minor changes since 1969 (the only thing I can think of is a change in type of lume, the movement plating was changed and had a jewel added). I can't think of another watch that has that much staying power, even the Rolex submariner has changed much more than that.
    Mathew J likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfucowboy View Post
    Congratulations. Speedmasters really are awesome. Few other watches have stood the test of time so well. The moon watch is almost has only had a couple of very minor changes since 1969 (the only thing I can think of is a change in type of lume, the movement plating was changed and had a jewel added). I can't think of another watch that has that much staying power, even the Rolex submariner has changed much more than that.
    absolutely...speedy is an awesome watch and like you said one of the only true classics left.

"Omega - all the elegance without the arrogance"
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    "I was interested in precision timekeeping I wasn't interested in little, flat, thin luxury watches I was interested in proper watches, like the watch they used on the moon, that sort of thing" - George Daniels
    "We used to have national pride in space travel. Now we only care about vampires and witches" - Seth MacFarlane

Really nice, I think it really worth it to have something you can be proud to own and pass on.
    Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information