The Perfect 3 Watch Rotation - Page 7
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: The Perfect 3 Watch Rotation

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: The Perfect 3 Watch Rotation

My former perfect 3 Omega watch rotation was a PO, Speedy Pro and vintage Connie piepan (14k gold cap). The trio turned into a quintet with the arrival of the 1970 Speedy Mk2 racing and the SMP Electric Blue. So now the perfect trio is the perfect quint!

I know, pics or it didn't happen:

Kluber likes this.

For the time being at least I already have mine.

PO 2500 is extremely versatile and more than covers my dressier needs. Yes I know, divers cant be dress watches blah blah. F-ck 'em.

Sinn U2 is even tougher, and is my daily wearer (in that it gets maybe 40% wrist time compared to 30% each other other two). GMT and good for traveling.

Damasko DC66, chrono, a bit more informal, but can also be worn to work. Good weekend watch, but so are the others.

Is there overlap? Of course. If I cant get a lot of wrist time out of a watch, I don't want it. Learned that lesson the hard (read=expensive) way.

44-45mm, ideal size for me (7.5 wrist), tough watches - the PO is probably the most delicate of the 3 - masculine, highly legible, versatile. As Peter gabriel once sang, "I know what I like, and I like what I know"
    Last edited by avrvmadrid; November 30th, 2014 at 12:43.
    Kluber likes this.

Looking to get the first of my perfect three watch rotation very soon! At the moment the plan looks like this but it changes often...

cable2, Nobody Move and Kluber like this.
    Christopher Ward C5
    Victorinox Inox
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch)

Two iconic classics and a Bremont? That should be a no brainer which one should be taken out of the equation, especially if your talking "perfect three" Get the Sub n Speedy and thats a perfect two right there. Might not be the most exciting choices but I'd take them any day of the week over a Bremont.
    Last edited by JPfeuffer; November 30th, 2014 at 14:50.
    -JP

The Perfect 3 Watch Rotation

My current three (four) watch rotation. May not be perfect, but works great for me...

1) BPFF Bathyscaphe. This is as dressy as I want with watches. Wear the BP most days of the week, with a suit / business casual or jeans.

2) The PO as my more sporty watch. I wear it on a variety of straps, but like it best on bracelet (although that's not what I have pictured here).

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417538320.035258.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  166.4 KB

3) Beater watches (a couple of them. Mostly use the sea touch for recreational diving, but it also serves as a beater for me. Casio protrek does this job well too).

Cheers!
    Last edited by Kluber; December 2nd, 2014 at 17:39.
    Sappie66 and avrvmadrid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JPfeuffer View Post
    Two iconic classics and a Bremont? That should be a no brainer which one should be taken out of the equation, especially if your talking "perfect three" Get the Sub n Speedy and thats a perfect two right there. Might not be the most exciting choices but I'd take them any day of the week over a Bremont.
    The Speedy and a Rolex are top of my list as well. Speedy (most likely) coming in the next month and then a long period of abstinence while I save for a Rolex which will be a ND sub (or a GMTIIc, or a 114270, or a Sea Dweller...). But as you say those two are very safe choices and so after I have those as my foundation it will be time for some more left-field stuff. Bremont, Dornbleuth that kind of thing :D
    Christopher Ward C5
    Victorinox Inox
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch)

My 4 watch rotation (not perfect by any means) of 3 Omegas + 1 old friend which spend most of his time getting dizzy on my winder:

1- Omega Seamaster GMT Bond, 2535.80.00
    2-Omega Speedmaster Reduced, 1996 Japan Only Version, 3513.53.00 (Speedy bracelet, shown with leather band)
    3-Omega SMP 150th Anniversary Titanium, 2232.30.00 #0093 of 1848 (Bond titanium bracelet, shown with leather band)
    4-Rolex Submariner Date

Name:  IMG_0020.jpeg
Views: 761
Size:  217.1 KB
    Last edited by fskywalker; December 4th, 2014 at 10:42.
    Kluber likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchstudent View Post
    The Speedy and a Rolex are top of my list as well. Speedy (most likely) coming in the next month and then a long period of abstinence while I save for a Rolex which will be a ND sub (or a GMTIIc, or a 114270, or a Sea Dweller...). But as you say those two are very safe choices and so after I have those as my foundation it will be time for some more left-field stuff. Bremont, Dornbleuth that kind of thing :D
    I think that Bremont is a great 3rd watch. Different from the other two, great quality, and serves a different purpose. And it is far less common!
    Watchstudent and Kluber like this.

Any 3 of these

Cheers

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  1.07 MB

oh and this one

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  1.23 MB
    Last edited by Baz44; December 3rd, 2014 at 18:05.
    gippo likes this.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information