Planet Ocean Questions - Page 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Planet Ocean Questions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Planet Ocean Questions

So, having second thoughts. Might go with blue dial instead of black. Since my GS is also a black dial, would be nice to get an alternative color.

For those with blue dials, how does it look in normal indoor lighting? Is it a darker blue or more like a royal blue?

TSC

Quote Originally Posted by Aliosa_007 View Post
    If I could change anything about it I would probably make it 1-2mm thinner (and lume up the arabics).
    Interesting point, which is not often mentioned. I spoke about this when I first got the 8500. I was used to the lume of the 2500 PO which is always impressive, but on the 8500, it's very unimpressive after initial spurt.

I don't know how it compares on the new PO, but sure someone will tell us. They're all great when you are outside and come in initially, or shine a light on them, but they don't last.

Maybe it's a blue thing, it's not as strong as the old green?
    I certainly felt that with the PO LMLE 2500 that was blue, and that also suffered from very poor lume.

Do like the blue, but it's not as strong as the original.
    The thinner lume of the 8500 does pale into insignificance compared to the 2500.
    cybercat likes this.

The 2500 is the PO to have. Since they stopped making them the PO has progressively got thicker and cheesier.

Planet Ocean Questions

I came to the PO after owning the SMP and SMPc in both FS and medium size (too many flips to count them ) over the last few years. Initially was looking for the 39.5 mm PO size, but found a good deal on a 42 mm Blue titanium bought it, only to sell it shortly after when found a great deal for an almost new black 39.5 mm PO. For me the 39.5 mm PO wins on many aspects over the 2500 (first) and 8500 (second) generation 42 mm PO's:

1- Lower height of 8800 movement versus 8500 (14.16 mm), even less than the venerable 2500 PO (14.2 mm). For reference the new 43.5 mm 8900 movement PO thickness is 16mm).

2- Smaller lug to lug size: 41 mm SMP and 42 mm PO worked on my 7 inch round wrists, but were a tad too big to be comfortable for a daily watch). The medium SMP was too small, so 39.5 mm hit the jackpot.

3- The infinitely adjustable end link configuration of the new 39.5 and 43 mm PO's (whith the short center link) allows it to pefectly contour my wrist; kudos to Omega for issuing a modern bracelet with the same advantage of the older bracelets!

4- Factory adjustable length clasp (4666 with 3 positions) that can be swapped easily towards the 1154 (5 positions) or 1159 (5 positions plus diver extension)

5- 15K Gauss, master chronometer certification and the extra orange wording on the 600m / 2000 ft wording dial are frosting on the cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by fskywalker; 12 Hours Ago at 11:21.
    Leandrobgoulart likes this.
    Francisco

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Liljrj View Post
    Attachment 12409317

I tried on the 8900 PO on my very small 8.3 inch wrist See pic. Once the bracelet is sized, to my surprise it sets much lower than I expected from all the online comments. Also it slips nicely underneath a shirt cuff. IMO any thickness concerns are wildly overblown.
    I have to agree, most are overblown, never had a problem with my POC 45mm on my small wrist, my seawolf is 18mm thick and i can still wear it under a shirt, folk always tend to favour the smaller watch sizes where i prefer the larger sizes.
    fskywalker likes this.

That's because you guys are still wearing baggy shirts and not slim fit ones like PO 2500 trend setters.
    fskywalker likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Killer View Post
    That's because you guys are still wearing baggy shirts and not slim fit ones like PO 2500 trend setters.
    Never had a baggy shirt in my life, just buy ones that actually fit !!!
    fskywalker likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information