WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Pulled the trigger on my first Omega!!!

1K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  dr3ws 
#1 ·
So let me start off by saying thank you to all the forum members who helped to make my decision so difficult!! [emoji13]. My choices had been narrowed down to the 8500 PO, or the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial...... Drumroll please....... The winner is the 300mc!!!!!!!!!
I ended up buying directly from the Millenia Mall boutique at MSRP( I know, I know, but I wanted everything to be perfect and I just didn't trust out of state AD's, nor did I want to drive 2 hours to Tampa which is my next closest AD besides the boutique). So I paid full price, but it was a fantastic experience! The sales people were extremely kind, patient, and accommodating. It's a rather small store, so they had fewer customers and were able to be incredibly attentive to my needs.

The first day I walked in, I did NOT look like the sort of person you might expect to be buying such a pricey time piece. I was looking pretty rough. But they sat there with me for over an hour and a half anyway, talking about different models, trying them on, hemming and hawing over this feature and that, all while feeding me glass after glass of champagne and giving me the full experience.

And again, today when I came in to finally make a choice, we spent ANOTHER hour and a half trying on watches and just chit chatting about future releases and feeding me glass after glass of champagne. There was never any pressure to buy at any time. It was a very relaxed environment.

When it came time to finally buy, they closed the store, pulled down the shades, and gave me their full attention and service. For my first luxury watch, they really gave me a wonderful experience. I would absolutely shop from them again. They were really wonderful!

ON TO THE WATCH!!!!

I love the features of this watch, the micro adjust clasp, liquid metal bezel, exhibition case back, and of course, the Master Co-Axial 8400 movement! All of these features packed into the same watch at this price point just seemed like the right move, and the watch dresses up rather nicely. Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions! And of course, here come the pictures to reward you for reading this far!!!! [emoji16]

doors closed! Time to get intimate with some watches!!
looking at the pretty speedmasters while my new baby is being wrapped up!

on our way home... Hey! What's that peeking out from under there!?
home at last, and into the box for a presentation shot!

So beautiful........
and of course the LUME shots!!! Because who doesn't love lume??

Apologies for the long winded post, I'm so excited!!Thank you for all for helping my decision, and for reading about my experience! Does this mean I get to join the Seamaster club now?? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats!!!

And they even gave you a hat. It seems like regardless of the location you can always count on the boutique to give you exemplary service regardless of whether you look rough walking in. Last time I was in Vegas I stopped by the boutique after checking in and didn't change out of the of the athletic wear I usually wear when I'm travel, nor did I shave. They still treated me like a million bucks. One of the reasons why Omega moving towards that sales model.

Enjoy your watch. Looks fabulous on you.

#5 ·
It didn't even take til the weekend ;)

Congratulations! And, awesome lost. Sounds like the local Omega Boutique took excellent care of you - always good to see. This just moves me another step closer to pulling the trigger.

Enjoy your new 300MC and feel free to share pictures any time!

#13 ·
I'm sorry to hear that! But Tudor does have some rather attractive watches, so really that's a win in itself. As far as the AD's are concerned, I know they can look over the watch just as well as I can and maybe knock a few hundred off the ticket price, but I'm kind of crazy when it comes to trusting strangers with something which for me was a sort of strangely emotional purchase. And I especially don't trust shipping companies, the idea of it going through so many hands after I put my money into it...Too many horror stories for a control freak like me to even want to risk it with my first purchase. The experience I had and the level of service was well worth the price to me [emoji1]

For future purchases, I may likely shop around for a good deal, but I would not hesitate to visit that location again. The funny thing is, the first time I saw this watch, I wasn't a huge fan, but it just sort of grew on me gradually until it was the only thing I wanted. Funny how things work out sometimes.

#12 ·
A gorgeous piece! Wear it in good health!

Reactions: Sustinet
#14 ·
Great watch and great buying experience. Exactly how it should be.

How sad that a shill for a couple of ADs drops by to solicit your future business. Funny, in a pathetic sort of way. Reminds me of all the guys in Tijuana telling me I might like to meet their 'sister'. Ah well, public forums attract all types.

Kudos on your catch. Wear it in good health.

#16 ·
When it comes to luxury goods, when you know what you want, then you're buying the dealership experience. Glad they made you feel special for a fantastic purchase!

#19 ·
Congratulations! I have tried the 300 Master Co-Axial twice. Both times, I decided not to purchase it but more and more, I keep thinking about it so who knows what the future may bring? It is great that you bought it from a Boutique. You did pay full price for it, but you know what? Would you say that the three hours or so of superb service you received, plus, a free Hat, would have been worth perhaps several hundred or perhaps a thousand dollars? The pleasure you have received from the whole experience must be worth it. Enjoy your beautiful new timepiece!

#21 ·
Thank you everyone! I couldn't be happier, really. The experience was absolutely worth it! The watch itself has classic styling, that's understated and not in your face screaming "hey look at my cool expensive watch!" While still being cutting edge. Fits under a shirt cuff quite easily, and the glossiness of the face and bezel with the polished center links does help it to dress up very nicely while still being a go anywhere do anything watch.
I keep taking it off to watch it's spring pulsating like a beating heart while the light dances around on the wave pattern. Mesmerizing.

#25 ·
Yeah such a tough call between the two, but the newer movement and the other goodies like the liquidmetal and the adjustable clasp won me over for the 300MC, and I just love the balance and simplicity of the dial. This thing is a marvel of modern watch making while maintaining a strong connection to its roots.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#27 · (Edited)
Yeah you don't see the white ones very often, for most people it's not their cup of tea ( myself included) however I saw a thread in which a forum member modded his white by putting the normal dark bezel on it and it looks outrageously awesome! The closest I would personally go to white would be the speedy grey side. But hey, it all comes down to what sings to your heart.

You might get over the novelty of the white after a while, but then again you may not. Whatever choice you end up making, you will have a great watch that keeps fantastic time. I may look into the PO series again once they have been updated with the new master movements. But it would have to really drop my jaw to wrestle any wrist time away from this 300mc :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.