The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster... - Page 12
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Re: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    it's Santa Claus not Santa clause.
    Perhaps he was referring to the Tim Allen movie(s)?
    soaking.fused likes this.
    Datejust 16233 • Seiko SKX013
    Opiniones sunt foramina intestinorum ... omnis persona habet illud. -- Harry Callahan the Elder (200 BCE)

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    I agree with Tino and the others who expressed incredulity at the mere existence of this thread and its premise. But if the past year has taught us anything, it is the sagacity of Isaac Asimov's prophetic words:
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/h]And if this thread makes your brain cry, this website (which likely is the tip of the proverbial iceberg of stupid) will make you suicidal: Everything is Fake: Top 40 Pieces of Fakery in Our World | Humans Are Free
    As stated, it's the slender thread from which the OP's reasoning hangs. Forget the NASA/moon landing (or not) association. The Speedmaster Pro is a classic chronograph design.

Regarding the 'cult of ignorance', that's forming everywhere. It began with the over-spill of Casual Friday into every day of the week, the demise of teaching handwriting in schools, and the slavish devotion/dependence to the smartphone and its associated apps.

World's not gonna end with a whimper or a bang, folks.

It's gonna end through stupidity.

Watch a film called Idiocracy (Dir; Mike Judge, 2006) and replace its premise of television with that of the internet. Co-screenwriter Etan Cohen said that, at the time he was writing the script, he didn't realise he was writing a documentary.

But hey, not to end things on a downer;

iinsic, Iliyan and dinexus like this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

Hidden Content

My other distractions---> Hidden Content

I agree on the movie idiocracy. I’ve been saying for years that that movie was a prediction, not a comedy. We have a reality tv star for a president, for crying out loud.

I’m also convinced that when God made the earth, he allotted a certain amount of total intelligence that gets spread out. The more people are born, the less intelligence that each get....
    DocJekl likes this.

The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Quote Originally Posted by RazorFrazer View Post
    "More dumb" -corrected.
    Unless you're writing an academic paper (in which you'd be better off using the word "dumb" to mean mute or without speech), the suffix "er" after the German root word "dumb" is appropriate when used in a casual context... and a watch forum qualifies as such.

It seems your knowledge depth on the matters of NASA literature and English usage is only deep enough to get you into trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by powerband; 1 Week Ago at 06:21.
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

There's plenty of evidence out there to debunk the "faked" claims, just google it - everything from explaining how the shadows ooked weird but were real and affected by the reflection of the sun off their white spacesuits, to the explanation about the long length of the day on the moon and when it's the safest to be in the surface as far as temperature goes (as to not make it too hot in the lunar module), to the lack of atmosphere to explain why the lunar module had no visible flame when it took off, to the way the dust fell to the surface when kicked up (in exactly the way it's expected when it occurs in a vacuum), to the satellites orbiting the moon that have taken photos of all the landing sites with the gear they left behind (even to the details of the site where the flag blew over), etc. Also the radio transmissions picked up by universities were coming from space where the the spacecraft were located and not from earth.

So, I call troll.
    Last edited by DocJekl; 1 Week Ago at 07:07.
    John Price and BarracksSi like this.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Silver Snoopy Award * Ti Planet Ocean 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE x2 * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Seamaster Pro Ceramic +/- Chrono * Planet Ocean 2500 * 76 Speedmaster Pro * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP 2541.80 * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille * '62 SS Seamaster
    ROLEX * GMT Master II BLNR & Coke * Polar Explorer II 216570 * Black Exp II 16570 * Tudor Black Bay Red
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x4 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * TAG Classic 2000 & Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS Solar * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Calendar + 300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD
    * Omega AT Quartz, Skyfall, MC, 2503.33 * Omega Great White GMT * Omega SMP Mid * Speedmaster 3513.30 * Rolex Sub Hulk & 16800 & TT Sub * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Rolex Polar Exp II * Omega CK-2998LE

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    I agree with Tino and the others who expressed incredulity at the mere existence of this thread and its premise. But if the past year has taught us anything, it is the sagacity of Isaac Asimov's prophetic words:
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/h]And if this thread makes your brain cry, this website (which likely is the tip of the proverbial iceberg of stupid) will make you suicidal: Everything is Fake: Top 40 Pieces of Fakery in Our World | Humans Are Free

Rob.....it's great to have you back!
    iinsic and omega1300 like this.

Kids today... sheesh...

Beautiful shot sir

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post

Thank-you, sir. I do think, though, that parts of the stainless steel appear washed-out. It was taken on an IKEA Forhoja kitchen table/cart that was left outside for a couple of years and became a workbench of sorts. That's why you can see a few streaks of varnish on it. The time is correct and it was a sunny afternoon, but the table was under cover in the shade. Good old Golden Hour. Produces a nice, natural light and makes for decent photos. And the aged timber has a life of its own, too.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

Hidden Content

My other distractions---> Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post
    But hey, not to end things on a downer.
    Yeah, don't worry, scro..

:D
    teeritz and iinsic like this.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information