The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster... - Page 13
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Re: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

I'm confused...so intelligence these days is publicly ridiculing someone for having an opinion outside the norm? That's not the path to enlightenment folks. You might want to stop and realize you're a problem and not a solution.

R1P

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTime View Post
    I'm confused...so intelligence these days is publicly ridiculing someone for having an opinion outside the norm? That's not the path to enlightenment folks. You might want to stop and realize you're a problem and not a solution.
    Many have expressed dissenting opinions and are passionate about it. Just as the OPs, their position should be respected. Such is not a proxy for intelligence IMO, just different styles of communicating.

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTime View Post
    People who believe that the moon landings were faked, or that the earth is 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs roamed the "Garden of Eden, or that the moon is a spaceship filled with lizard people, or that vaccines cause autism, or that the Sandy Hook killings or 9/11 were "false flag" attacks, are - as you point out - entitled to their opinions, because that is a benefit of personal freedom. However, they are not deserving of our respect, because their opinions represent the antithesis of knowledge and science. These are far more than "opinions outside the norm." These benighted unfortunates are the human paperweights that drag down our collective intelligence (and make all of those "Idiocracy" allusions so scary).

I'm tired of those who defend ignorance by demeaning those who call out others on their ignorance. We are not "ridiculing" them. They are engaging in self-ridicule by publicly declaring their ignorant, uninformed opinions. We're just zealously agreeing with them. Nothing wrong with that.
    GTTIME, Iliyan, John Price and 9 others like this.
    Datejust 16233 • Seiko SKX013Steinhart Ocean 39
    Opiniones sunt foramina intestinorum ... omnis persona habet illud. -- Harry Callahan the Elder (200 BCE)

Well...in that case, don't get one...I am sure nobody will loose sleep over it
    Hidden Content Omega | Tudor | Sinn Hidden Content

I believe the famous internet commenter Ken M. got to the bottom of this one already:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KenM/commen..._moon_landing/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trollin' trollin' trollin'!
    Keep the BS rollin'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Still saved Tom Hanks' life, good enough for me!
    Perseus likes this.

Exactly. There are something like 7% of the American population that believes that chocolate milk comes from brown cows-seriously. Some people will believe anything, obviously. People need better education. The inmates ARE running the asylum...
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris660 View Post
    While we may think this is funny and we laugh at the lunacy it's important to realize these people also vote. Just look who's in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    People who believe that the moon landings were faked, or that the earth is 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs roamed the "Garden of Eden, or that the moon is a spaceship filled with lizard people, or that vaccines cause autism, or that the Sandy Hook killings or 9/11 were "false flag" attacks, are - as you point out - entitled to their opinions, because that is a benefit of personal freedom. However, they are not deserving of our respect, because their opinions represent the antithesis of knowledge and science. These are far more than "opinions outside the norm." These benighted unfortunates are the human paperweights that drag down our collective intelligence (and make all of those "Idiocracy" allusions so scary).

I'm tired of those who defend ignorance by demeaning those who call out others on their ignorance. We are not "ridiculing" them. They are engaging in self-ridicule by publicly declaring their ignorant, uninformed opinions. We're just zealously agreeing with them. Nothing wrong with that.
    Well said. Willful ignorance is not "critical thinking". It's just being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post

Can't say I agree with it, but I do like how you spin. +1 on your finish.
    iinsic and Ron521 like this.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information