The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster... - Page 15
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Re: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Quote Originally Posted by aries2 View Post
    The moon shot was real.
    I have never actually seen anyone with a Speedmaster in real life though...I'm pretty sure they faked the watch.
    Buy a Seamaster...the ocean is real...or is it....?
    LOL. I think you might be onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTime View Post
    I disagree. It has existed in pop culture almost as long as the actual event. REM had a hit mentioning it in the early 90’s and the videos they put out receive millions of hits. That’s legs to me.
    Your resource is REM? Your conclusion about a scientific achievement on a grand scale is from a... music band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    Your resource is REM? Your conclusion about a scientific achievement on a grand scale is from a... music band.

I didn't say anything about my conclusion. I just stated some FACTS. Are you saying those videos don't receive millions of hits or something?

People LOVE a conspiracy theory....even earlier, the alleged "Roswell Incident", and the Kennedy assassination...kept publications such as the Enquirer in business. And more recently, shows like "The X-Files" prove that if you weave an interesting enough story, and populate it with engaging characters, you don't NEED any actual hard evidence.

People often fall into one of two mindsets, characterized either by Ken Hamm (popular creationist) or Bill Nye (the Science Guy), who engaged in a public debate a few years ago. When moderators asked the two men "What would make you change your beliefs?".....Ken answered "NOTHING", indicating that his mind was closed, and that he would continue clinging to his Iron-Age mythologies no matter WHAT evidence came to light.

Bill Nye answered "Evidence"...indicating an open mind, a willingness to consider new ideas, and if evidence which disproved earlier ideas came to light, possibly reconsider his opinion.

Which seems like the more reasonable, intelligent position?
    powerband, iinsic, Iliyan and 5 others like this.

The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

I didn't say anything about my conclusion. I just stated some FACTS. Are you saying those videos don't receive millions of hits or something?
    The problem is you’re implying the band and their video hits support your premise. It’s an argument flaw.

In all fairness to the OP, things do get rather quiet here as summer ends. This is the liveliest thread I've seen here in some time.

I'm just not sure I've really been reading it, or if it's some sort of fever dream.
    Jollytron likes this.
    Datejust 16233 • Seiko SKX013Steinhart Ocean 39
    Opiniones sunt foramina intestinorum ... omnis persona habet illud. -- Harry Callahan the Elder (200 BCE)

The problem is you’re implying the band and their video hits support your premise. It’s an argument flaw.

The band had a song that was a hit that included the subject matter in the lyrics. There's video(s) out there on the subject that have millions of views. That means there's a lot of people that believes it was faked. So follow...there's possibly millions of people that believe it has been faked for a decades. That gives it legs IMO.

The band had a song that was a hit that included the subject matter in the lyrics. There's video(s) out there on the subject that have millions of views. That means there's a lot of people that believes it was faked. So follow...there's possibly millions of people that believe it has been faked for a decades. That gives it legs IMO.
    Your posts would be more cogent if you are clear on what you assign “legs” to: that the moon landing is fake, or that people believe the moon landing is fake.

Your posts would be more cogent if you are clear on what you assign “legs” to: that the moon landing is fake, or that people believe the moon landing is fake.

LOL. I think you're just excited to have an argument BUT...has legs is an idiom. It's used to suggest a news story will continue to RUN and remain popular. A story with no legs means it's going nowhere. --You're welcome.

R1P

Or that the people enjoy the music and could care less about the issue of the moon landing.
    powerband likes this.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information