The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster... - Page 16
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Re: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Quote Originally Posted by R1P View Post
    Or that the people enjoy the music and could care less about the issue of the moon landing.
    Or if you've ever watched the news then you know I'm talking about the story and not the evidence.

The song blew.
    Last edited by TellingTime; 1 Week Ago at 19:59.

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTime View Post
    LOL. I think you're just excited to have an argument BUT...has legs is an idiom. It's used to suggest a news story will continue to RUN and remain popular. A story with no legs means it's going nowhere. --You're welcome.
    You’re sidestepping a question with sarcasm and insult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    You’re sidestepping a question with sarcasm and insult.

At least you can recognize an insult. Zing!. The story is people believe the moon landing is fake. And it will continue to remain a popular story.

R1P

Or if you've ever watched the news then you know I'm talking about the story and not the evidence.

The song blew.
    Believe what you may.

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    In all fairness to the OP, things do get rather quiet here as summer ends. This is the liveliest thread I've seen here in some time.

I'm just not sure I've really been reading it, or if it's some sort of fever dream.
    It's about time you join the party. We're all looking forward to reading your valuable insights. :D
    Rolex Daytona 116520 White Dial | Jaeger-Lecoultre Grande Reverso 976 | Omega Railmaster LE 1957 Trilogy | Omega Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch | Omega PO 8500 42mm Orange Arabics | Omega AT 8500 38.5mm Skyfall | Seiko SKX009 | Seiko SKX007 | Casio G-Shock Mudmaster 1A9 | Citizen EcoDrive Toyota 86 Edition x 3

The band had a song that was a hit that included the subject matter in the lyrics. There's video(s) out there on the subject that have millions of views. That means there's a lot of people that believes it was faked. So follow...there's possibly millions of people that believe it has been faked for a decades. That gives it legs IMO.
    That the song had millions of views in no way implies that the viewers agreed with the views expressed in those lyrics. I can assure you that, had the song in question included the lyric "TellingTime is a numbskull," just as many people would have listened to the song and/or viewed the video. And if you had queried them about their feelings about TellingTime, they would have replied, "Who?"

It is illogical to contend an argument has validity based solely on the fact that many people believe the argument. More than 40% of Americans believe the earth is only 6,000 years old, but that widespread belief is not a counterargument for the reams of scientific evidence in support of a billions-year-old planet and the slow evolution of species thereon.

Likewise, the many who believe that the moon landings were faked in no way creates a counterargument for the verifiable facts that confirm the moon landings did, in fact, take place. It just means that ignorance is more widespread than it should be in the 21st century.

You are ascribing legitimacy to ignorance, which is not a pursuit I'd expect from a former computer scientist.
    Datejust 16233 • Seiko SKX013
    Opiniones sunt foramina intestinorum ... omnis persona habet illud. -- Harry Callahan the Elder (200 BCE)

The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

At least you can recognize an insult.
    A professor of behavioral science, under whom I studied, said “The intellectual desperate often uses convolution and insult as a form of persuasions.”

The story is people believe the moon landing is fake. And it will continue to remain a popular story.
    As it is, you’re just stating the obvious. The question is: what is your position on the moon landing. Your earlier post states exactly: “the argument has legs.” This implies you agree with the argument that the moon landing was faked... that is, until you resorted to convolution and insult. May I suggest that it is you who should try to “follow.”

Last edited by powerband; 1 Week Ago at 23:54.
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    That the song had millions of views in no way implies that the viewers agreed with the views expressed in those lyrics. I can assure you that, had the song in question included the lyric "TellingTime is a numbskull," just as many people would have listened to the song and/or viewed the video. And if you had queried them about their feelings about TellingTime, they would have replied, "Who?"

It is illogical to contend an argument has validity based solely on the fact that many people believe the argument. More than 40% of Americans believe the earth is only 6,000 years old, but that widespread belief is not a counterargument for the reams of scientific evidence in support of a billions-year-old planet and the slow evolution of species thereon.

Likewise, the many who believe that the moon landings were faked in no way creates a counterargument for the verifiable facts that confirm the moon landings did, in fact, take place. It just means that ignorance is more widespread than it should be in the 21st century.

You are ascribing legitimacy to ignorance, which is not a pursuit I'd expect from a former computer scientist.
    I mentioned REM to give perspective on how long this argument has been out there. They have Google videos giving their position as to why it was faked. And those have millions of views. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Again, has legs only pertains to the popularity of the story and it's ability to sustain interest. Not the evidence in the story. So I have not supported the evidence in the story, just the right for some people to enjoy the story without others calling them out.

Yes, I know us software guys can do anything. We make something out of nothing. or at least use too.

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    A professor of behavioral science, under whom I studied, said “The intellectual desperate often uses convolution and insult as a form of persuasions.”

As it is, you’re just stating the obvious. The question is: what is your position on the moon landing. Your earlier post states exactly: “the argument has legs.” This implies you agree with the argument that the moon landing was faked... that is, until you resorted to convolution and insult. May I suggest that it is you who should try to “follow.”

Well I apologize if it hurt you feelings. No, I don't believe it was faked. I believe we went to the moon until I see something that says otherwise.

I can't understand anyone who believes the moon landings were faked, without the knowledge gained during those early days of space exploration we'd never have been able to develop the technology to build USS Enterprise or the Millennium Falcon!

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information