The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster... - Page 2
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: The reason why I won't buy a Speedmaster...

I still like my speedy.... Moon or no moon landing.
    flybynight70 and watchesiseek like this.

Oh wow, I can’t wait to hear all of the evidence that shows how they faked the moon landings. I’m assuming it involves Men In black memory erasers to keep so many people quiet.

“Grabs popcorn”...I’m waiting
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Ben.McDonald7; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:56.
    Watch novice
    Philippians 3:13-14

Current Collection:
    Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Ω Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2500D
    Rolex Datejust 16013
    Rolex GMT-Master II 16710

Past:
    Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium PVD (Stolen)
    Squale 50 Atmos 1521-026-BLR (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2220.80 (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500 XL (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial (Sold)

Don’t feed the troll!
    fish70, joe band, GTTIME and 6 others like this.

I'm not going to try and sell anyone on the idea of nasa being super sketchy about the original moon landings. In my own heart thats what I believe and i would feel like a fraud if I wore a speedmaster and told people "this is the watch worn on the moon!"

Wondering if theres anyone else in my position who may or may not actually own one.

Side question. If it ever did come to surface that the moon landings were faked by stanley kuberic and it was all green screens, what would happen to the omega brand? The speedmaster brand ?
    NOMOS Glashutte Metro Datum Gangreserve

Was the entire U.S. space program of the '60's also faked? If not, at what point did the falsification begin? Was the Russian space program, including landing unmanned probes on the Moon and Venus, also faked? What specifically about the Apollo 11 mission was beyond the existing technology of the time?

Regarding the Speedmaster...it was introduced in 1957, so people wore it for a dozen years before the Moon landing took place, it was popular BEFORE it was selected by NASA...so it must have been viewed as a worthwhile watch even then.

Bottom line is, you can like the Speedmaster, or NOT like it...but it should be based on the merits of the watch itself.... the reason you give is simply ignorant.

Moon landing was totally fake news. To add insult to injury, if you zoom in, the 'astronaut' isn't even wearing a speedmaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CURRENT:1969 Bulova Sea King Wrist Alarm, 1975 Seiko 'Pogue", 1970s Raketa Copernic, 1970s Sicura Diver, 1998 Tissot PR50, 2010 Breil TW0659, 2012 Seiko Orange Monster, 2014 Regia Marina 3646, 2014 Regia Marina 6154, 2014 Regia Marina Titianium Lumi, 2014 Cobra de Calibre, 2015 Lew & Huey Orthos
    Hidden Content

There are plenty of diverse product lines throughout the Omega brand to keep things running as usual, I would think. In the event of some sort of lack of interest in the moon, I feel the Speedmaster line would suffer, but not fade away due to the awesome stylings and offerings of all the models.

This scenario is completely absurd, as we all know the silly conspiracy theories have all been debunked. What could possibly have an impact, would be if somebody else creates the first watch worn on Mars. I think there will be a Speedy on the red soil first, but you never know. Would that get people clamoring for the new ultimate adventure watch? Maybe, but it would have to prove to be timeless, iconic and capable of still being relevant decades later to have the following of the Speedy. It is a shame that your self inflicted delusion keeps you on the sidelines from being able to enjoy the heritage. I wonder how the Russians never managed to prove we didn't go? Oh, maybe because they have seen the evidence that is plainly visible on the moon of where we did go...
    Last edited by SlowhandBuzz; 2 Weeks Ago at 17:48.
    John Price and flybynight70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ciccio_started_it View Post

Moon landing was totally fake news. To add insult to injury, if you zoom in, the 'astronaut' isn't even wearing a speedmaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowhandBuzz View Post
    There are plenty of diverse product lines throughout the Omega brand to keep things running as usual, I would think. In the event of some sort of lack of interest in the moon, I feel the Speedmaster line would suffer, but not fade away due to the awesome stylings and offerings of all the models.

This scenario is completely absurd, as we all know the silly conspiracy theories have all been debunked. What could possibly have an impact, would be if somebody else creates the first watch worn on Mars. I think there will be a Speedy on the red soil first, but you never know. Would that get people clamoring for the new ultimate adventure watch? Maybe, but it would have to prove to be timeless, iconic and capable of still being relevant decades later to have the following of the Speedy. It is a shame that your self inflicted delusion keeps you on the sidelines from being able to enjoy the heritage. I wonder how the Russians never managed to prove we didn't go? Oh, maybe because they have seen the evidence that is plainly visible on the moon of where we did go...
    Again, not here to argue the specifics of whether it is real or not. Thanks for your well thought out response.

Wait, does this mean I have to sell my Submariner because James Bond is....gulp....fictional? I guess I can sleep soundly at night knowing James Cameron took a Sea Dweller to the Mariana Trench.....or did he?
    whoischich and DutchMongolian like this.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information