Shockproof of omegas - Page 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Shockproof of omegas

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Shockproof of omegas

Yea so far still good.. hope that doesn't happen to me unless it's a long delay until it show signs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
    The horror!

Attachment 12410247

If there's no damage you should be fine like what others have said. Also, I hope this doesn't happen to your watch. I fancy steel cases.
    There it is. I knew this old photo would show up. Never fails. Now we just need a certain someone to come by and give us the price of a new case.

I would check to see if the accuracy is still on. I bought a tissot and the sales woman dropped it on the sapphire crystal trying to put it in the box it up for me and it was losing a significant amount of seconds. I had to send it back to have it adjusted. Now it's at +4 seconds in 24 hours.
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    4. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    5. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    6. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    7. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    8. RGM 250 Vintage
    9. Tag Heuer professional 2000 quartz
    10. Omega SMP Moon Watch
    11. Baume & Mercier Classima Executive XL
    12. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date

Interesting how this broken pic showed up so quick after the DSOTM release. You'd think there would be dozens more by now.
    Last edited by TellingTime; August 8th, 2017 at 06:06.

It's a Conspiracy.. thanks for all the responses. Despite how brittle this series of the speedmaster are it's still one of omegas best creations.

Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    A ceramic watch is not something you want to drop on tile. It will shatter like your happiness.
    This statement appears to be a bit too certain in its conclusion, given my personal experience.

I own the fully ceramic Planet Ocean Deep Black. I dropped this watch onto asphalt from around 4 feet high and not only did it not shatter, it didn't even get a scratch on it. I even checked it with a loupe and could find nothing wrong. No affect on its outstanding time keeping either.

Omega has developed a very robust ceramic material.
    Last edited by Deep Black; August 10th, 2017 at 06:07.
    TellingTime and MswmSwmsW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTime View Post
    Can't say I've ever dropped a watch on a tile floor. And FWIW, I've always thought the hype about ceramics shattering to be more hype than anything else. Fact is no one really knows the threshold. I can say I caught my DSOTM once on a metal door frame and that the impact force seemed to be equivalent or greater to that of dropping one. Nada nothing. Still keeps great time.

I've also caught it many times on my metal cabinets in the garage with no ill effects. But those are nothing compared to that one time.
    I think you are correct about the hype on ceramic watches. See my post in this thread about dropping my Planet Ocean Deep Black onto asphalt. If it were a problem, I think we would see more examples.
    TellingTime likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dayandnight View Post
    It's a Conspiracy.. thanks for all the responses. Despite how brittle this series of the speedmaster are it's still one of omegas best creations.

It doesn't take much for someone to post a question about the durability and then that old picture shows up. Is it the ole you set em up and I'll knock em down? Who knows. It's the net.

That old pic is the only picture in your thread. So post a pic or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by TellingTime; August 10th, 2017 at 07:05.

Shockproof of omegas

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTime View Post
    It doesn't take much for someone to post a question about the durability and then that old picture shows up. Is it the ole you set em up and I'll knock em down? Who knows. It's the net.

That old pic is the only picture in your thread. So post a pic or it didn't happen.

I dropped it a few days its fine. Was just worried so I created this thread to see if anyone else experienced the same issue and if so did it result in it getting chipped or eventually stopped working. it's not like I posted that chipped dsotm pic. Of course my gsotm isn't chipped or showing any signs of malfunction or I be going to the OB to see what my options are and if it did I would take a picture of it. So no pic= didn't happen meaning it didn't crack or malfunction. I got interested in watches last year and this was my first omega so I am just worried and this thread wasn't meant to troll if that is what you meant at the end. I am glad for your previous responses but please don't word it as if I have to prove or justify something. I just came here to obtain some WiS knowledge from the great people that post on these forums.

Last edited by dayandnight; August 10th, 2017 at 08:17.

Quote Originally Posted by dayandnight View Post
    I dropped it a few days its fine. Was just worried so I created this thread to see if anyone else experienced the same issue and if so did it result in it getting chipped or eventually stopped working. it's not like I posted that chipped dsotm pic. Of course my gsotm isn't chipped or showing any signs of malfunction or I be going to the OB to see what my options are and if it did I would take a picture of it. So no pic= didn't happen meaning it didn't crack or malfunction. I got interested in watches last year and this was my first omega so I am just worried and this thread wasn't meant to troll if that is what you meant at the end. I am glad for your previous responses but please don't word it as if I have to prove or justify something. I just came here to obtain some WiS knowledge from the great people that post on these forums.

Just like people find informative to post that old pic, I find it informative to question it. Of course I don't really know, but it seems unusual in nature. You don't see a lot of "crap, I just nicked my SS" threads. And then someone post a horror nick saying it could happen to you. Same goes with gasket failures. So why do people go out of their way to be informative?

One thing for sure. Opening the door for some informative member to post that pick isn't helping the resale value of your watch.

The pic or it didn't happen is pretty common around here.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information