Thread: SMP Band Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question SMP Band Question

I've got a 2254.50 (bought recently from our AD) and he sized the bracelet for me.

It fits properly but the number of links on the outside of the wrist is 8 and the number on the inside of the wrist is 4.

This causes the clasp to sit too close to the inside of my wrist (looks and feels a bit awkward).

Should i bring to another AD and pay to have 1 link moved to the other side or should i buy the tool to do it myself? I'm in NYC and I'm sure Tourneau will charge me if I walk in.

:thanks
    *Nixon Player
    *Omega SMP 2254.50[COLOR=DarkGreen][I][COLOR=Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

Re: SMP Band Question

That was an unbelievably n00b thing to do. Take it back, and have him take 2 links out from each side (or if I have the number wrong, he needs to take the SAME number of links out from one side as the other).

Quote Originally Posted by DV8ED View Post
    I've got a 2254.50 (bought recently from our AD) and he sized the bracelet for me.

It fits properly but the number of links on the outside of the wrist is 8 and the number on the inside of the wrist is 4.

This causes the clasp to sit too close to the inside of my wrist (looks and feels a bit awkward).

Should i bring to another AD and pay to have 1 link moved to the other side or should i buy the tool to do it myself? I'm in NYC and I'm sure Tourneau will charge me if I walk in.

:thanks

To get a comfortable fit, you need the links to be as equal as is possible on either side. Tourneau may charge, but probably cheaper than buying the tool yourself, unless you feel comforatable dong it yourself.

If you ever get the chance to look at the underside of an Aston Martins wing mirror; you will notice it is made by Volvo. - Snootydog.
    QT, you crazy!!!

That's surprising...

I just ordered one from him and he seems very knowledgeble. Maybe he had some part time help size it which is disheartning. I feel for you. I hope mine is done correctly. It defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place if it is done out of whack.

wml

Just keep in mind that the outside of your wrist is larger than the inside of your wrist. So moving a link or two to the shorter side seems right.

But I wouldn't recommend equal links on the clasps unless your wrist is perfectly symmetrical. My Bond bracelet was sized equally and it always felt a little off to me.

it seems like 1 link switched would probably do it. It does seem strange that the link was probably removed from the inside part but no biggie.

I will walk over to Tourneau and ask what the charge would be. Hopefully not too much.
    *Nixon Player

Mine suggested doing that for me (to a lesser degree) to stop the face lulling too far round the back of my wrist. Sounds like yours went a bit OTT though!

Quote Originally Posted by DV8ED View Post
    it seems like 1 link switched would probably do it. It does seem strange that the link was probably removed from the inside part but no biggie.

I will walk over to Tourneau and ask what the charge would be. Hopefully not too much.
    I would buy the bracelet sizer. I saw one that worked with Omegas for around $16. You would probably be charged in that ballpark to have it sized

Quote Originally Posted by dave43 View Post
    I would buy the bracelet sizer. I saw one that worked with Omegas for around $16. You would probably be charged in that ballpark to have it sized
    Anybody recommend one?
    *Nixon Player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information