Speedmaster Moonwatch (005) accuracy. Your experience? Mine sucks somewhat.. - Page 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Speedmaster Moonwatch (005) accuracy. Your experience? Mine sucks somewhat..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Speedmaster Moonwatch (005) accuracy. Your experience? Mine sucks somewhat..

Iíve owned two, and each one coincidentally run steadily at +6 seconds per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Re: Speedmaster Moonwatch (005) accuracy. Your experience? Mine sucks somewhat..

My Speedy ran about 11+ per day over the 2 weeks I measured it. If I am only 11 seconds early or late to events during the day I count myself lucky. I don't worry about it.
    Last edited by fish70; 6 Days Ago at 04:20.

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    Iíve owned two, and each one coincidentally run steadily at +6 seconds per day.
    Not likely a coincidence - Omega has a "target rate" that they aim for on this movement when regulating it, and it's +6 seconds per day...
    harryst likes this.

Great info as always from Archer. I got lucky as mine runs around +1 spd when worn on the wrist. It has better accuracy than my past AT and PO.
    Watch novice
    Philippians 3:13-14

Current Collection:
    Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Ω Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2500D
    Rolex Datejust 16013
    Rolex GMT-Master II 16710

Past:
    Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium PVD (Stolen)
    Squale 50 Atmos 1521-026-BLR (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2220.80 (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500 XL (Sold)
    Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by trh77 View Post
    Mine gains 15s/d. Whatís omegas tolerance here? Can I send it for service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Omega tolerances for non-chronometers are -1/+11 seconds/day. Personally, 15s/d is not enough for me to warrant a full service unless something else is wrong. A good watch maker can regulate to COSC standards. My Speedy runs +8s/d like clockwork.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Since your watch is new I don't recommend what I did, but I tweaked mine a couple years ago. It was fast so I slowed it down. Took me about a week to set it the way I wanted it. I set my watch yesterday to the second using my computer clock that was set to the atomic clock. I just compared the two and the watch is still on time to the second. However, that said, it'll gain a few seconds within a week or two.

So, is it time to take it to Omega? It's still under warranty. It was running around + 8-9 secs per day and now it's shooting up to this. It tends to gain more time when I wear it. I plan on probably selling it, but would want to have it checked out first before I do.

Quote Originally Posted by biokeys87 View Post

So, is it time to take it to Omega? It's still under warranty. It was running around + 8-9 secs per day and now it's shooting up to this. It tends to gain more time when I wear it. I plan on probably selling it, but would want to have it checked out first before I do.

Consider checking for magnetism?

I had a watch that ran consistently at +0.5 seconds per day for 3 whole months. Then one day I noticed it started to gain quite a bit of time. By the end of the week, it had gained over a minute.

I used a cheapo demagnetizer on it and it slowed back down. Haven't really checked / regulated since, but in the last 2 weeks it hasn't gained significant time anymore.

When a watch suddenly gains a significant amount of speed, I just assume it got magnetized. (assuming you didn't bash it against something :P) Of course there can be many more reasons / factors to a sudden change of accuracy, but checking / fixing magnetism literally takes a few seconds and doesn't cost much at all. Might as well rule it out if you can.
    Last edited by PuYang; 1 Day Ago at 04:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information