speedmaster professional weight?

Thread: speedmaster professional weight?

speedmaster professional weight?

Does anyone know the weight in grams of the speedy professional with the leather strap, 3870.50 (same as 3570.50 original moon watch, but with the strap)? Or even the sapphire sandwich on strap? My dad has always loved the watch and we want to get it for him, but he has carpal tunnel and we want to make sure it's relatively lightweight. I know it's the lightest of the speedy's and he likes it the best (me, too). Any information would be appreciated. I tried to convince him to get a railmaster 39mm on strap(which I am strongly considering), but he really wants the speedy. You guys on the Omega forum are the most active on here by far (I think it's great), so I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks a lot.

Re: speedmaster professional weight?

Speedmaster 3870.50.31 with strap, weight is 83.0 grams

I have wrist problems myself, sometimes the weight of a heavy watch makes my hand hurt like crazy. When my wrist acts up, I have two watches I can always wear. One is my Speedy Pro (3570.50), the other is my Kermit (50th Anniversary Submariner), both on bracelet. I'd bet your father will have no problems wearing a Speedy Pro on strap.
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

If the Pro is too heavy, the Reduced version is light as a feather.
    Sorry that some of my older photos are not working. picturepush is holding them to ransom by deactivating *free* accounts. People must pay to get theirs back. My new photos will be under a different provider.

Omega Seamster Pro | Omega DeVille | IWC Pilot Chronograph | Tag Heuer Formula 1 | Audi Quattro

The heavy part is the ref. 1998 bracelet on the Speedy Pro. There should be no problem wearing it on a strap.

Another alternative would be the ref. 1171/633 bracelet for a vintage look and lighter weight.

Fr. John†
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    Another alternative would be the ref. 1171/633 bracelet for a vintage look and lighter weight.
    Fr. John†
    I agree totally, the standard hesalite Speedy on a 1171 is a far lighter animal than one with sapphire and the heavier new bracelet. I suffer slightly from arthritis in my hands and wrists and find my 1969 Speedy the one to wear when everything is aching.

Of course the 1171 bracelet is easily available from Omega today though, so as John says the same weight as the vintage can be achieved if your dad likes a bracelet and if he likes a strap, no problem there either.
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Great! 83 grams is perfect because I know the railmaster on strap is 75 grams and that works. Thanks a lot everyone for the quick and helpful responses. I'll let you know what we decide to do.

Hi

How much does the 3570 with current stock bracelet weigh?

Model 3570.50 with bracelet weighs 150 grams.

Thread Information