UK Members - Get Together! - Page 8
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: UK Members - Get Together!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: UK Members - Get Together!

Yep, I'm happy to go ahead with the Boardroom!

cheers,
    Jake.

PS - Please bring the JLC, Nigel.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be available, but since I'm local I'm willing to get their early and do a meet and greet, although I'm not a big talker.

Anyone who gets there early can grab a bit to eat from numerous places, or do a bit of shopping before hand. Not sure if you guys want to do food at the Britannia (if they do it).

It should be dead easy to get to the hotel from New Street Station -

1. Come out of the 'ticket barriers' (a couple of blokes taking peoples tickets).
    2. Go up the escalators directly in front of you (to the right of Burger King if that's the first thing you see).
    3. Turn left at the top of the escalators and walk the 20 metres or so and let the row of shops make you turn to the left (no other direction to go, so it will be a left).
    4. Turn right after about 6 meters - this will take you out into the open air. Go straight on, past Carphone Warehouse.
    5. Continue straight on, down the ramp, past the McDonalds (about 30 meters).
    6. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp (HSBC) and walk forward.
    7. Look to your left and you will see Clark's Shoes. Keep going forward until you see Primark on the left.
    8. I can't remember off the top of my head (will have to check tomorrow), but the hotel is tucked up an alleyway down one of the sides of Primark, from what I can remember. From the bottom of the ramp to the alleyway should be around 35 metres.

Link showing the ramp and the HSBC on the corner. If you swivel the image to the left, you can see the tag for Primark. In fact, I think you can see a sign in joined up writing with Britannia on it. Bull Ring, Birmingham - Google Maps

It'll be a bit too cold to wear my WUS T-shirt for easy identification, but I'll try to wear my WUS badge.
    Last edited by DragonJade; January 13th, 2012 at 02:29.
    Get your WUS badge now from the WUS Hidden Content .
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our Hidden Content sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Thanks for the inside info there DragonJade.

I'll be leaving the car on that Pallasades long term car park so it's nice to know I'm not a million miles away either.

I think that sign you mentioned which looks like Britannia is the one as well. (Apparently it used to be a Hilton? Had a very bad experience with one of those recently so glad it's changed)

Oh, you didn't mention in your directions the Goldsmiths shop across from the HSBC.

Note to self: Do not spend money in there...

DJ - Thanks for the directions! Much appreciated. Right, now for the "important" bit: Whos bringing what watches.I was planning on bringing my Super Avenger, my (new to me) 2541 and my Black Monster.
    Last edited by Spit161; January 13th, 2012 at 10:42.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

I agree. Well I will wear the JLC and can bring two more so Bond GMT, 2500PO, Poljot Aviator, Mondaine pocket watch and/or Doxa 750Pro - decisions, decisions...

Nigel

I was just going to wear my speedy

Quote Originally Posted by joeuk View Post
    I was just going to wear my speedy
    That was my idea as well Joe, though as I'm out for the weekend I may bring my El Primero and something stupid like my Android AD458 as well.

Do I go ahead and book this boardroom by the way, or wait for another few confirmations? Seems a bit of a waste for four or five people really...

I was really only offering the alternative watches in case people had not seen one in the flesh and had a preference. In terms of the boardroom I still think it is a good idea as it gives us a little privacy and security over and above the public bar or wherever.

Nigel

yes boardroom is a great idea, nigel I have seen the jlc in the flesh and would love to see it. I could bring my thomas russel pocket watch, it was seeing yours on here that made me go out and buy a PW in the first place always great to own one. And dave would love to see the Zenith El Primero with seeing the zenith and the jlc thats 2 of my favs

Just checked out train fares what a set of robbing gits. So for cheapest fare I might be an hour late

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information