Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread - Page 16
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am excited since I am going to get my PO Orange 8900 maybe sometime next week. I had the uPO Chrono for more than 6 years but had to let it go since was not getting any wrist time lately, felt big and heavy.. I tried the new 8900 and I love it, I am also excited on the new movement and the adjustable claps and of course the looks of it!!! I am going to suck up all info of this thread, thank you all!
    Betterthere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Efthi View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am excited since I am going to get my PO Orange 8900 maybe sometime next week. I had the uPO Chrono for more than 6 years but had to let it go since was not getting any wrist time lately, felt big and heavy.. I tried the new 8900 and I love it, I am also excited on the new movement and the adjustable claps and of course the looks of it!!! I am going to suck up all info of this thread, thank you all!
    Excellent choice and decision. Best PO Watch IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega4Ever View Post
    Excellent choice and decision. Best PO Watch IMO.
    Thank you very much! By the way what are the strap options apart the black leather and the black/orange? Anything like black with orange stiches? Is it difficult to exchange?

Sent from Tapatalk Pro
    Omega4Ever likes this.

Well, as you are aware about this new size ( 43.5 mm ), it will need a strap of size 21 mm to fit in this 43.5 mm case size. You have an option of trying the NATO straps aside from the Leather and rubber but bear in mind the size of the strap must be 21 mm to match the case size of the 43.5 mm.

I am going to visit the Omega Boutique today to see what varieties they have with regards to NATO straps and hope to find a nice match ;)

Thank you very much! By the way what are the strap options apart the black leather and the black/orange? Anything like black with orange stiches? Is it difficult to exchange?

Sent from Tapatalk Pro

Well, as you are aware about this new size ( 43.5 mm ), it will need a strap of size 21 mm to fit in this 43.5 mm case size. You have an option of trying the NATO straps aside from the Leather and rubber but bear in mind the size of the strap must be 21 mm to match the case size of the 43.5 mm.

I am going to visit the Omega Boutique today to see what varieties they have with regards to NATO straps and hope to find a nice match ;)
    Please be kind enough to take some pics or let us know if there is something aside from the ones we know.. Yes 21mm means the older 8500 straps will not fit

Sent from Tapatalk Pro

I'm so 'in the market' for a PO, having yearned and lusted one for years, and I soooo wanted to love the 8900 new version, especially the classic Black Face/Bezel on Steel, with its micro-adjust clasp etc.
    So much so, I nearly pulled the trigger on a fab 3mth old private sale, but before I did, popped in to a local AD just an hour ago to just have another look/feel.

Which is where it all goes south, as altho the watch is undoubtably classy and striking, and I'm sure the 89oo movement will be flawless, it just seemed to wear 'small', and its 43.5mm felt & looked more like the 8500 42mm version. I know we are talking small amounts here,
    but really, even on my 7.5" wrist, it looked a bit well, err...... small.

So, I think for me, as & when I get my PO, its the 45.5 for me. Perhaps its because I've worn my Breitling B50 (46mm) for the last 2 years, which altho large, being Ti, is easy to adorn.

Shame, I so wanted to love the 8900's.........

Quote Originally Posted by zak3737 View Post
    I'm so 'in the market' for a PO, having yearned and lusted one for years, and I soooo wanted to love the 8900 new version, especially the classic Black Face/Bezel on Steel, with its micro-adjust clasp etc.
    So much so, I nearly pulled the trigger on a fab 3mth old private sale, but before I did, popped in to a local AD just an hour ago to just have another look/feel.

Which is where it all goes south, as altho the watch is undoubtably classy and striking, and I'm sure the 89oo movement will be flawless, it just seemed to wear 'small', and its 43.5mm felt & looked more like the 8500 42mm version. I know we are talking small amounts here,

So, I think for me, as & when I get my PO, its the 45.5 for me. Perhaps its because I've worn my Breitling B50 (46mm) for the last 2 years, which altho large, being Ti, is easy to adorn.

Sounds like you're the ideal clientele for the PO Chronographs. Did you give the 9900s a go?
    OMEGA Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial
    OMEGA Speedmaster '57 (2017) - On Order
    ROLEX DaytonaC White 116500LN - Waitlisted
    ROLEX GMT-Master II 116710 BLNR
    ROLEX Sea-Dweller 116600

SEIKO SKX009J
    SEIKO SKX013

Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    Sounds like you're the ideal clientele for the PO Chronographs. Did you give the 9900s a go?
    I didn't tbh, altho I have tried on the PO Chrono's before, and they are HUUUGE on the wrist....... in terms of thickness etc. I know they are still 45.5 arent they ?
    So unless they've slimmed down the 9900 Chrono massively, I fear much too heavy........

Cant win !

Sent from Tapatalk Pro
    Are you aware wether PO435 GMT case is the same as PO435 which requires 21 mm strap?

Quote Originally Posted by zak3737 View Post

Deep black? It's 45.5mm, has a GMT complication so is reasonably thick but very light as the case is all ceramic. Here's mine:

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information