Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread - Page 22
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Results 211 to 219 of 219
  1. #211
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    It was almost impossible to choose between the black and the blue. Went with the blue, but it actually looks black in some lighting situations, like this:

    Name:  8900 po.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  174.5 KB

  2. #212
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    6

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    Went with the blue as well, received as a wedding gift. Compliments my Yas Marina Blue M3, albeit different shades of blue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10F53DEA-AA9D-4687-8913-D5AE668C3895.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	11905066
    agentmulder and sheepdog812 like this.

  3. #213
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Member TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,007

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheTime View Post
    Some of the newer pieces seem to be coming from the factory without the red dot. Sometimes it's tucked in there and difficult to see with the bracelet on. They can fall off as well. Here are some shots:




    When I bought the 8500 PO last year, there was no red dot. When I spoke to Omega they were 'adamant' with me that they'd stopped doing the dots, years prior, so this is news to me. Or they had no clue what they were talking about. Nothing new there then. Anyway, I didn't get one on the last PO.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #214
    Member 8100 RPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    People's Republic of San Francisco
    Posts
    56

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    When I bought the 8500 PO last year, there was no red dot. When I spoke to Omega they were 'adamant' with me that they'd stopped doing the dots, years prior, so this is news to me. Or they had no clue what they were talking about. Nothing new there then. Anyway, I didn't get one on the last PO.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm pretty sure Archer commented somewhere that Omega hasn't done the dot in a few years.

    The PO 8900 that I picked up from an AD in January does not have the red dot. In addition, the Speedmaster that I had serviced by Omega in Dec15/Jan16 didn't come back with a dot either.

  5. #215
    Member knezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    526

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    @Archer posted
    "The "dots" were discontinued in mid-2015...anything newer or serviced since will not have any dot."
    He is 100% trusted source
    Current:
    - Steinhart OVM 2

    Sold:
    - Steinhart Apollon Chronograph

    Want:
    - Omega AT blue 41.5

  6. #216
    Member knezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    526

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    Please delete
    Last edited by knezz; 3 Days Ago at 10:39. Reason: Double post
    Current:
    - Steinhart OVM 2

    Sold:
    - Steinhart Apollon Chronograph

    Want:
    - Omega AT blue 41.5

  7. #217
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Member TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,007

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 8100 RPM View Post
    I'm pretty sure Archer commented somewhere that Omega hasn't done the dot in a few years.

    The PO 8900 that I picked up from an AD in January does not have the red dot. In addition, the Speedmaster that I had serviced by Omega in Dec15/Jan16 didn't come back with a dot either.
    Quote Originally Posted by knezz View Post
    @Archer posted
    "The "dots" were discontinued in mid-2015...anything newer or serviced since will not have any dot."
    He is 100% trusted source
    So then OMEGA were correct then.

    To whoever asked the question, what they said!

  8. #218
    Member Omega4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    57

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    so if back then, the Red dot was our reference for knowing if the back-case was open or not, how can we tell the same in new models?

  9. #219
    Member Ohmzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    120

    Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

    Beautiful. I will buy one in 4 years. I promised myself after PO 8500 and Rolex sub. I need to wait 5 years.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)
      By AlphaWolf777 in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 4067
      Last Post: 1 Day Ago, 02:53
    2. Replies: 49
      Last Post: February 20th, 2017, 08:26
    3. Unofficial but official Shoe thread?
      By SSingh1975 in forum The Cafe
      Replies: 146
      Last Post: October 21st, 2016, 17:48
    4. Raven Owner's Club (Unofficial)
      By AlphaWolf777 in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 127
      Last Post: July 27th, 2014, 11:42
    5. Replies: 7
      Last Post: January 20th, 2009, 10:32

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •