Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread - Page 8
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: Unofficial PO 8900 Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by knezz View Post
    Fantastical shoot , congratulations. Keep her happy. Wrist size?
    Thank you both! Wrist size is about 6.5 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    Pure brilliance John cleese at his best!
    iinsic i saw your wrist is 7 inc3/4 i did calculate and i got to 19.7cm, can you confirm that?
    I truly like how does your 395 look like. I'm like yourself leaning towards smaller case size.
    Although i am 205cm, 120kg. And same wrist size like you at 19.7cm.
    I have double or even triple dilemma now. First dilemma is new planet ocean vs 300mc, second is 435vs395
    This will be my first truly nice , luxury watch and i would like to pick well since i would need lot of time to acuminate fund's for next one. I almost made my mind to buy sm300mc , but after i found this thread i am not 100% any more.
    This is what i like at 300mc:
    -size , thickness, versatility, all around looks at bracelet , nato, leather, it can be easilly dressed up and down. No hev, nice vintage looks even i am leaning towards modern look at new PO.
    In my Omega ad i tried this watch and i liked what i saw.
    This is what i like at new planet ocean
    - dial, more modern look, short lugs , bracelet , good look on rubber, applied logo, numerals etc, ceramic dial, master chronometer testing, didn't menage to try it in real life.
    I am 37 and i don't ware suit's except for special events 2, 3x per year.
    Usually in polo, or white shirt no tie. Jeans and modern pants. So mostly casual to sport.
    I don't dive but i like to have my watch with me at beach, pool.
    Not sure where igo from here... Which one would be more versatile?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Current:
    - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra MC blue 41.5mm

Sold:
    - Steinhart OVM 2
    - Steinhart Apollon Chronograph

Want:
    - Omega Speedmaster Professional

iinsic i saw your wrist is 7 inc3/4 i did calculate and i got to 19.7cm, can you confirm that?
    I truly like how does your 395 look like. I'm like yourself leaning towards smaller case size.
    I have double or even triple dilemma now. First dilemma is new planet ocean vs 300mc, second is 435vs395
    This will be my first truly nice , luxury watch and i would like to pick well since i would need lot of time to acuminate fund's for next one. I almost made my mind to buy sm300mc , but after i found this thread i am not 100% any more.
    -size , thickness, versatility, all around looks at bracelet , nato, leather, it can be easilly dressed up and down. No hev, nice vintage looks even i am leaning towards modern look at new PO.
    - dial, more modern look, short lugs , bracelet , good look on rubber, applied logo, numerals etc, ceramic dial, master chronometer testing, didn't menage to try it in real life.
    Usually in polo, or white shirt no tie. Jeans and modern pants. So mostly casual to sport.
    I'm only 175cm and (sadly) 100kg ... but my wrist size stays at ~19.7cm even when I have weighed considerably less.

It really comes down to this: If you like a big watch case (i.e.-the head covers the entire top of your wrist, with little or no bracelet visible head-on), you would be happier with the 300MC or the PO435. However, if you prefer classic proportions, whereby both above and below the watch head you can see the bracelet, then the PO395 would work for you and your wrist size.

If you don't dive, the 117STZ004666 clasp that comes on the PO395 should be perfect for you (see post #27 above for photos). It allows either a 2mm or 4mm extension to allow for wrist comfort during the day. If you decide to become a diver and want the 10mm extension plus the foldout extension, you always can add the 117STZ001159 clasp from the PO435 later for $117 (US price).
    knezz likes this.
    Explorer 214270 • Datejust 16233 • Ω Aqua Terra 231.10.39.21.02.001
    Opiniones sunt foramina intestinorum ... omnis persona habet illud. -- Harry Callahan the Elder (200 BCE)

Thanks for your opinion i realy appreciate. How about first dilemma 300mc vs new PO? Which one will be more suitable ONE watch for all.
    Current:

Sold:
    - Steinhart OVM 2

Want:

With that wrist size, you could wear either watch. Owned the 300mc for over a year and the 2 biggest drawbacks are L2L and thickness. Only owned the 42mm PO but the new ones do have shorter L2L , downward curved lugs , better endlinks and I suspect wear better.
    knezz likes this.
    Not all those who wander are lost;

Thanks for your opinion i realy appreciate. How about first dilemma 300mc vs new PO? Which one will be more suitable ONE watch for all.
    I have never liked the 300MC. What I have loved about Omega dive watches for the past 49 years (starting with a SM300) is the iconic "twist" lugs. The 300MC uses straight (and LONG!) lugs that make, as Betterthere observed, a very long overall length. The new POs, both the 39.5 and the 43.5 models, have a shorter case because of the use of the twist lugs, and "female" endlinks that further reduce the effective OAL. The effect is a watch that wears very well on the wrist, even if it is a bit too large for the wearer. For that reason, if you're inclined to larger watches, you should be fine with the PO435 with your wrist size. But I prefer the proportionality of the PO395 on my wrist.
    Last edited by iinsic; November 3rd, 2016 at 19:59.
    Betterthere and knezz like this.
    Explorer 214270 • Datejust 16233 • Ω Aqua Terra 231.10.39.21.02.001
    Opiniones sunt foramina intestinorum ... omnis persona habet illud. -- Harry Callahan the Elder (200 BCE)

Also depends on how much bling you want. Brush the pcls on the sm300mc and less bling. The new POs to me are blingy.

Just saw iinsic post above, he is right on with his assessment. Sounds to me the po 43.5 might be the correct choice. Now which colour?

One more thought is if you go sm300mc might consider preowned . Value has dropped quite a bit on them.
    Last edited by Betterthere; November 3rd, 2016 at 20:04.
    Not all those who wander are lost;

Thank you fir all advices. Yes i saw that they dropped in price. I must find the way to try new po395,435 and 300mc in same time and then decide.
    Betterthere likes this.
    Current:

Sold:
    - Steinhart OVM 2

Want:

Picked this up last week on a trip- almost went for the blue but the ti is just so dang comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by silentmoo View Post

Picked this up last week on a trip- almost went for the blue but the ti is just so dang comfortable
    Nice work, looks great. More pics when you can.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information