I am a newbie watch person and a one watch person. I have been trying to figure out what I like. I have decided I like the watches with black dials and sword hands best. I do like GMT watches, but non GMT isn't a deal breaker. I think I like the look of the benzel on the americas cup because of the raised numbers and the not so cheap look. It looks similar to a rolex yacht-master benzel which I like. I made a list of the watches I think I like best.
1. 2530.50.00 non americas cup black dial applied white gold benzel helium release valve
2. 2533.50.00 america's cup white gold benzel helium valve
3. 2254.50.00 black dial black benzel helium valve
4. 2234.50.00 gmt 50th anniversary black/white benzel no helium valve
5. 2538.20.00 gmt great white dial silver benzel no helium valve
6. 2532.20.00 seamaster professional white bond silver benzel white face helium valve
The only thing I don't like about the americas cup is the 2533.50 dial. Does anyone know how much it costs a watch shop to replace a dial and if dials w/o americas cup are available?
Is it more cost effective to get a 2254.50 and replace the benzel with a white gold 2533 benzel? Are the americas cup benzels available or difficult to replace?
Since the watches are all discontinued I'll have to find a used one, but I have been watching forums and ebay and i don't think it will be too hard to find one.
Are the bracelets or straps all the same size for these watches in case I buy one and decide I want a different one later?
omega seamaster 300m 300 sea master