WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Well gang, I bought it

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 ·
A while back I posted a Omega Geneve that I was thinking about buying. I emailed the seller(he had it listed as a De Ville) and he confirmed that the watch was a Geneve and sent me a few other pics. The crown plating is worn off (it is a hand winder though so figuring it is from the 1970's the wear is justified.)

Here is what it is:

Omega Geneve
has S>Steel case back marked with Water Proof arount the edge of the case back

signed (but gold plating on crown is worn) crown (has Omega symbol)

looks like other Geneve's i have seen

Could not show me the movement(no tool) but saw it at his jewelers and told me it looks like a copperish color and is hand winding

He is in NJ and also has 100% feedback after 500+ deals

I bought at $126+ shipping. Is this a good deal. It has been serviced and a new crystal is on it.

I am going through some money issues( how does everybody else get a tax refund and I owe the gov.??????) so I wanted a cheap Omega to wear to keep Speedy at home. At $126 I figure I can play verses the $700-$1000 I don't have right now

Here are some of the pics, please let me know if I did good
Thanks
Leon
P.S are parts found easy for this watch?? like if I wanted a new crown (don't have to be gold)
P.P.S I will up load the 2 other pics when this stupid server works O|

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Pristine condition watch, you also have the tritium and plexi in perfect condition which are both very good things:-! Enjoy it.

#4 ·
from what i gather

It has the 601 calibre movement in it. What is know about this movement?? is it robust? a reliable and accurate movement??

Are crowns available for this watch?? I understand that over 20-35 years gold plating on a man. wind crown does wear off BUT I wonder if I would be able to repace it with a new crown, do they make them still.

What about parts for the 601 total?? are parts in abundence??

This is going to be my daily work wearer. I have a number of G-Shocks (heck I am the G-shock co-mod :-D ) for heavy duty wear but that Omega screams to be the daily wear watch.

George I understand you wear vintage Omegas. Could I get your thoughts on whether or not a vintage Geneve would last 2-10 years of everyday wearing?? Also how hard is it to obtain a crystal for this watch??
Thanks
Leon
P.S most of these watches want $170-$300 for them so I guess I gots a good deal

#5 · (Edited)
Re: from what i gather

It has the 601 calibre movement in it. What is know about this movement?? is it robust? a reliable and accurate movement??
The cal. 60x is another in a line of good quality movements that Omega used from the early 60s at least into the 70s in various models, including the Seamster 600 line.

Are crowns available for this watch?? I understand that over 20-35 years gold plating on a man. wind crown does wear off BUT I wonder if I would be able to repace it with a new crown, do they make them still.
What about parts for the 601 total?? are parts in abundence??

For a replacement crown, I'd check here. You're probably going to need to get that case back off, though, to get the ref. number.

This is going to be my daily work wearer. I have a number of G-Shocks (heck I am the G-shock co-mod :-D ) for heavy duty wear but that Omega screams to be the daily wear watch.
We won't tell anyone if you wear your Omega every day ;-) It's a nice one, and I can understand why you would want to.

George I understand you wear vintage Omegas. Could I get your thoughts on whether or not a vintage Geneve would last 2-10 years of everyday wearing?? Also how hard is it to obtain a crystal for this watch??
A lot of us around here wear vintage Omegas every day. My newest watch is over 30 years old and I wear all of mine regularly.

Thanks
Leon

I hope that helps a bit.

eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.