Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 10
Like Tree320Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Or just get his instead and call it a day and save yourself some coin.

Seriously love my PO but the clasp sucks.
    Never been able to size the darn thing properly so I have a adjustable clasp on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Triton9 and agentmulder like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nid View Post
    Me? PO. Simply because even with 39.5 is almost toooooo big for my tiny 6" wrist.

That blue ceramic :D

Quote Originally Posted by Theognosis View Post
    The Sub has a fantastic bracelet which is useless to me anyway. I prefer wearing my sports watches on leather or rubber and this is why I chose the PO. I haven't seen a maxicase Rolex that looks good on rubber or even leather. Those ugly lugs are designed to look good on the OEM bracelet and not much else. It's a one-trick pony. The modern Sub is not iconic in my eyes. It's a big mistake.
    Good point that buddy, my mate put it on a NATO and it lasted a week before back on the oyster

Theognosis likes this.

For me,,,,i see the look and how it sits on the wrist for the PO is best !

Quote Originally Posted by matthew1938 View Post
    Good point that buddy, my mate put it on a NATO and it lasted a week before back on the oyster
    While my PO has stayed on the rubber for 2 years (and counting). Those Omega lugs are designed for anything.

Rolex Daytona 116520 White Dial | Jaeger-Lecoultre Grande Reverso 976 | Omega Railmaster LE 1957 Trilogy | Omega Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch | Omega PO 8500 42mm Orange Arabics | Omega AT 8500 38.5mm Skyfall | Seiko SKX009 | Seiko SKX007 | Casio G-Shock Mudmaster 1A9 | Citizen EcoDrive Toyota 86 Edition x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Theognosis View Post
    While my PO has stayed on the rubber for 2 years (and counting). Those Omega lugs are designed for anything.

Exactly!..oh man! just love mine
    Theognosis likes this.

RDK

Quote Originally Posted by benvh View Post
    I recently lost some weight and also bought a SD 16600. Since then the 2201.50 feels and looks huge to me and I haven't worn it since.

Ben
    Sell your 2201.50.
    To me.
    😁
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue 79220B

I am a salesman --selling construction projects and having 5 appointments every day talking with customers face to face. For me PO is the right watch. Definitely less recognizable than Rolex. I do not want that every customer stares at my wrist with Rolex. I can afford Rolex but it is not for me. i do not need a statement watch like Rolex.
    PO is the best.
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2594.52 (2015) cal.3303
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 232.30.46.21.01.003 (2015) cal.8500
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra GMT Good Planet 231.90.43.22.04.001 (2017) cal.8605

I prefer the PO because (had the 8500 PO 42mm and the Submariner and the Seadweller 4000):

+ Omega:
    - I don't like reflection of the Sub, and I love the anti reflective coating of the PO
    - Don't like the cyclops of the Sub, to much of a distraction and nothing added because I can read dates fine without a cyclops
    - I Like the back of the PO better and the finish of the movement
    - Don't like the 'screamyness' of the brand Rolex, because it's known all over the world and also strange people who don't give a fudge about watches still want to buy a Rolex just because of the name. If someone goes for an Omega it's more likely that person knows more about watches and likes watches overal better (and movements). Not that Rolex itself is any part of this, they can't help it, I Know.
    - I love the fact that Omega cares about the planet and puts resources into this (for example this Omega sponsored docu about the ocean), so you as a buyer of an Omega are actually also helping the world, even if it's a tiny bit.
    - I love the hands on the PO, and I really don't like the mercedes hands on Rolex.

+ Rolex:
    - I like the microadjust on a Sub/Dweller better.
    - Better wearable if you like lightweight watches (and under a suit)
    - Better investment for sure compared to Omega

So yeah.. overall I like the PO I guess better. But I am also not so much a suit guy. So for me I could wear a PO everyday.

This doesn't mean I would say to everyone they need to buy a PO instead of a Sub. It depends on the person who is gonna wear it.
    speedmaster., Savvy and Kermit262 like this.

I highly prefer the brand Omega to the brand Rolex - Rolex is a Rolex which does not conjour positive image in my head. Still i would buy the submariner any day over the PO because i think Omega lacks the technical capabilities to make normal size watches. I still wear a 2500 Aqua Terra because that is the last time Omega managed to make a reasonably wearable diver watch. The previous was the wave dial bond.

Simply - despite being a huuuugh corporation they have not managed in almost 10 years to make a decent sized watch, i am starting to think that they are too incompetent to make around 9-10mm watches with the 8500 movement, in the either diver/sport/dress combined category.

And yes, i am angry about it because Omega is my brand, and i want one that fit me properly
    Last edited by Knisse; June 7th, 2017 at 22:05.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information