Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 12
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Quote Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
    Oh, I agree. That's why I haven't been interested in many new Omegas in a long time.
    +1

I prefer the PO because is 600meters while Rolex is only 300 meters. I need the PO when I go deep desk diving.

On the PO the little triangle does not quiet align at 12 O'clock while the 30 at the 6 O'clock is perfectly aligned. The hands jump a bit and are mis-aligned when crown is pushed back in (jumping hour hand to adjust date is to blame here). Master Coaxial not METAS certified.

Rolex > Omega

Rolex has better finish, and is better made with everything as portrayed.

I have a 2500. I love the arabics on the dial and the arrow hands. I love the strong lume. I like that the PO is cheaper to buy, cheaper to service, and not ubiquitous like the sub. I like that Omega does not have the stigma that Rolex has. All of that being said, I do think the submariner is the more beautiful watch, in fact I think the sub is the most beautiful dive watch ever.
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Makhdoom View Post
    On the PO the little triangle does not quiet align at 12 O'clock while the 30 at the 6 O'clock is perfectly aligned. The hands jump a bit and are mis-aligned when crown is pushed back in (jumping hour hand to adjust date is to blame here). Master Coaxial not METAS certified.

Rolex > Omega

Rolex has better finish, and is better made with everything as portrayed.
    My PO lines up perfectly. I just searched TRF and the Rolex subforum of WUS. There are plenty of posters complaining about their Rolex's bezel alignment. One should be cautious making blanket statements. Based on some very quick research both companies have misaligned bezels ship to customers.

If your next statement is that one company has more than the other you better come with some stats that don't involve your gut.
    Last edited by Vindic8; June 24th, 2017 at 07:34.
    SeanoftheDead516 and lukeap69 like this.

I have several Omegas all of whom I love (CK2998 LE, vintage Speedy, 1968 Connie, several other vintage 50's and 60's dress watches, one pocket watch), but when it comes to divers, there's just something about the Sub.
    Most quotations you see on the internet are incorrect--​Mark Twain

You should not have mentioned my gut. I am very touchy about my gut and the feelings it gets.

But gut feelings aside, when 3 O' clock aligns with 15 on bezel, 6 O' clock aligns with 30 on bezel and 9 O' clock aligns with 45 on bezel then 12 O' clock should align with the triangle on the bezel but it does not. The Rolex misalignment is an assembly issue, the Omega Planet Ocean misalignment is a design issue. And what about the hands misaligning when you push the crown back in. The hands should not jerk when the crown is pushed back in. Moving the hands while the crown is pushed in is one thing but that little jerk on the Cal. 8500 thats all on the movement. My PO does that, my Aqua Terra does the same, others have complained about the very same problems right here on this forum.

My father wore an Omega Seamaster and that is why I have liked Omegas. Even though I had read about the issues mentioned above I still bought the PO and AT, because I saw watches through Omega goggles. But recently I purchased a Rolex and that watch put all the Omegas to shame. Before that I felt they were evenly matched, but not any more. The Rolex is better finished and it shines much brighter because of the 904L steel.

You however should feel free to place Omega above and beyond Rolex. After all when you go to buy an Omega watch the sales person will sing songs of a-magnetic glory and METAS certification. Yet when you try to find the "Master Chronometer" certificate for your "master coaxial" watch, lo and behold its not there. When you make inquiries, you find out that your watch is not METAS certified and that is why it did not come with a certificate.

Turns out that "master chronometers" are certified by METAS while "master coaxial" is just COSC certified. Then why not just include a COSC certificate, why is Omega trying to deliberately confuse its customers like that.

And while I am at it let me say that Cal. 8500 is 25,200 bpm so Omega can easily warranty it at 5 yrs, but never get it to be as accurate as the older Cal. 1120 found in the most awesome 2254.50, on which the bezel aligns up perfectly by the way.
    Last edited by Makhdoom; June 24th, 2017 at 20:01.

You should not have mentioned my gut. I am very touchy about my gut and the feelings it gets.

But gut feelings aside, when 3 O' clock aligns with 15 on bezel, 6 O' clock aligns with 30 on bezel and 9 O' clock aligns with 45 on bezel then 12 O' clock should align with the triangle on the bezel but it does not. The Rolex misalignment is an assembly issue, the Omega Planet Ocean misalignment is a design issue. And what about the hands misaligning when you push the crown back in. The hands should not jerk when the crown is pushed back in. Moving the hands while the crown is pushed in is one thing but that little jerk on the Cal. 8500 thats all on the movement. My PO does that, my Aqua Terra does the same, others have complained about the very same problems right here on this forum.

My father wore an Omega Seamaster and that is why I have liked Omegas. Even though I had read about the issues mentioned above I still bought the PO and AT, because I saw watches through Omega goggles. But recently I purchased a Rolex and that watch put all the Omegas to shame. Before that I felt they were evenly matched, but not any more. The Rolex is better finished and it shines much brighter because of the 904L steel.

You however should feel free to place Omega above and beyond Rolex. After all when you go to buy an Omega watch the sales person will sing songs of a-magnetic glory and METAS certification. Yet when you try to find the "Master Chronometer" certificate for your "master coaxial" watch, lo and behold its not there. When you make inquiries, you find out that your watch is not METAS certified and that is why it did not come with a certificate.

Turns out that "master chronometers" are certified by METAS while "master coaxial" is just COSC certified. Then why not just include a COSC certificate, why is Omega trying to deliberately confuse its customers like that.

And while I am at it let me say that Cal. 8500 is 25,200 bpm so Omega can easily warranty it at 5 yrs, but never get it to be as accurate as the older Cal. 1120 found in the most awesome 2254.50, on which the bezel aligns up perfectly by the way.
    They came out with the master co-axial first, no? The master refers to the anti magnetic. The METAS watches are the newest generation and are certified as such. For any buyer who cares, I'm pretty sure they can figure it out, especially if they're fussing over which model to get.

8500 not as accurate? :rolls eyes emoticon here plz: My Seamaster 300 MC with the 8400 is +1.5 a day, and my 8500 PO before that was slightly better. Plenty of examples all over this forum and others about the accuracy of Omega's new movements. Sounds to me like you're just convincing yourself Omega is inferior now that you own the 10 times better Rollie :rolls eyes again plz.:

The new Omega movements are very accurate and durable. Easily on par with a Rolex, and it doesn't matter if you buy into the co axial thing or not.

I hope your Rolex is accurate just like the all important certificate you're so concerned with says! Honestly though, does it really matter if there's a certificate? Chronometer written on the dial already tells us all we need to know.
    Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day...

Thread needs pics (no sub for me just a exp II ) but today is PO day

Did I say I got the new clasp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    risturm likes this.

when 3 O' clock aligns with 15 on bezel, 6 O' clock aligns with 30 on bezel and 9 O' clock aligns with 45 on bezel then 12 O' clock should align with the triangle on the bezel but it does not.
    Just went outside and took this picture. What am I missing about the "design flaw" in the alignment?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vindic8; June 24th, 2017 at 21:09.
    highbob and SeanoftheDead516 like this.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information