Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 13
Like Tree320Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 275
  1. #121
    Member Vindic8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    811

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Thread needs pics
    You are absolutly right! I couldn't agree more.





    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    81

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Fuzz View Post
    They came out with the master co-axial first, no? The master refers to the anti magnetic. The METAS watches are the newest generation and are certified as such. For any buyer who cares, I'm pretty sure they can figure it out, especially if they're fussing over which model to get.

    8500 not as accurate? :rolls eyes emoticon here plz: My Seamaster 300 MC with the 8400 is +1.5 a day, and my 8500 PO before that was slightly better. Plenty of examples all over this forum and others about the accuracy of Omega's new movements. Sounds to me like you're just convincing yourself Omega is inferior now that you own the 10 times better Rollie :rolls eyes again plz.:

    The new Omega movements are very accurate and durable. Easily on par with a Rolex, and it doesn't matter if you buy into the co axial thing or not.

    I hope your Rolex is accurate just like the all important certificate you're so concerned with says! Honestly though, does it really matter if there's a certificate? Chronometer written on the dial already tells us all we need to know.
    Please roll your eyes a bit more you did not do it enough times. And yes it is (+1 after four days). And thankyou for agreeing that Rolex is ten times better.

    You did not touch on the jeking motion of the hands when the crown is pushed in, please share your thoughts or I will roll my eyes.
    Last edited by Makhdoom; June 25th, 2017 at 01:21.

  3. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    81

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindic8 View Post
    Just went outside and took this picture. What am I missing about the "design flaw" in the alignment?



    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    The design is perfect, you are perfect, your Omega is the best Omega.

  4. #124
    Member Super Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    202

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Makhdoom View Post
    Please roll your eyes a bit more you did not do it enough times. And yes it is (+1 after four days). And thankyou for agreeing that Rolex is ten times better.

    You did not touch on the jeking motion of the hands when the crown is pushed in, please share your thoughts or I will roll my eyes.
    Ok, fanboy. No jerking on my watch. Not invalidating your experience. Perhaps it is on the date movement. I don't know. Didn't happen on my 8500. And by the way, TRF is filled with anecdotes of minute problems with modern Rolex movements. I'm still waiting for your main "point" here.

    Omega makes watches as accurate and nicely finished as Rolex. Preferring one over another is exactly that: personal preference. There are plenty of beaten-dead horse threads here to show that.

    The tone of your posts suggests you need to denigrate Omega to justify your Rolex purchase. "Look how superior my Rollie is, totes worth it over those shite Omega's and their clumsy movements and jerky hands." Whatever makes you sleep at night, man. You, nor anyone else in these comparison threads, has yet to explain why, beyond marketing and brand recognition, Rolex should be considered superior. There are countless Omega owners all over the place with nothing but solid success stories and praise of mind boggling accuracy. What's so much better about Rolex again?

    I owned a Sub for 2 weeks. It was accurate as can be. I sold it to buy two Omega's because I think they look better. What else is there to say?
    Last edited by Super Fuzz; June 25th, 2017 at 01:56.
    Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day...

  5. #125
    Member SeanoftheDead516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    320

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindic8 View Post
    Just went outside and took this picture. What am I missing about the "design flaw" in the alignment?



    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    And mic drop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vindic8 likes this.

  6. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    81

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Fuzz View Post
    Ok, fanboy. No jerking on my watch. Not invalidating your experience. Perhaps it is on the date movement. I don't know. Didn't happen on my 8500. And by the way, TRF is filled with anecdotes of minute problems with modern Rolex movements. I'm still waiting for your main "point" here.

    Omega makes watches as accurate and nicely finished as Rolex. Preferring one over another is exactly that: personal preference. There are plenty of beaten-dead horse threads here to show that.

    The tone of your posts suggests you need to denigrate Omega to justify your Rolex purchase. "Look how superior my Rollie is, totes worth it over those shite Omega's and their clumsy movements and jerky hands." Whatever makes you sleep at night, man. You, nor anyone else in these comparison threads, has yet to explain why, beyond marketing and brand recognition, Rolex should be considered superior. There are countless Omega owners all over the place with nothing but solid success stories and praise of mind boggling accuracy. What's so much better about Rolex again?

    I owned a Sub for 2 weeks. It was accurate as can be. I sold it to buy two Omega's because I think they look better. What else is there to say?
    "Fanboy" :rolls eyes: said the kettle to the pot.

    I am not putting down precious Omega to glorify my "Rollie". How did you get that from the posts. What I am saying is that the new Omegas that I spent money on were disappointments compared to the Rolex. The older Omegas were very honest watches the new ones are more marketing and less substance. But I guess Omega fanboys will like Omega.

    Oh and did I mention my Grand Seiko is better finished than the AT, even though it uses the same 316L. Also try the new Rolex movement and see for yourself if its accurate as can be or better.
    Last edited by Makhdoom; June 25th, 2017 at 05:04.

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    81

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanoftheDead516 View Post
    And mic drop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can post pictures too. See that triangle thats just a wee bit off, while the rest is aligned.



    And look at this triangle perfectly aligned. That my friend is called camera angle positioning.

    Last edited by Makhdoom; June 25th, 2017 at 05:19.

  8. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Makhdoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanoftheDead516 View Post
    And mic drop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can post pictures too. See that triangle thats just a wee bit off, while the rest is aligned.


    The whole bezel looks to be a quarter click off to be honest, not just the pip. I don't think the camera lens was fully perpendicular to the bezel.
    But if the lens was perpendicular you definitely have an issue there. I wonder if Omega would fix it under warranty.

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    81

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Quote Originally Posted by holja View Post
    The whole bezel looks to be a quarter click off to be honest, not just the pip. I don't think the camera lens was fully perpendicular to the bezel.
    But if the lens was perpendicular you definitely have an issue there. I wonder if Omega would fix it under warranty.
    Thankyou just trying to prove camera lenses can be positioned to make anything look different.

  10. #130
    Member Galaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    582

    Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

    Some great comments here. No wonder I have been reading these forums as far back as 2009 but only recently have become a member. In 2009 I purchased my first Swiss watch after receiving a final bonus from work and I wanted a nice watch as a late 40th birthday gift for myself. During that time I was torn between the Submariner and the PO. I just couldn't justify the Sub's price (even back then) which is why I purchased the Omega. I've got a 42mm 250D. The watch has been ultra reliable and only last month did I have my service which I negotiated free with the Swatch Group after my first PO stopped. (t was replaced by a brand new one after about a month and that is the one that I have now. I think the watch is timeless. Love the thinner black bezel insert. I'm not a fan of the new ceramic bezels and I think the cyclops ruins the aesthetics of any watch despite me now struggling to see the date without my reading glasses. :)

    Do I think the sub is a better watch? Probably. However, I just couldn't sell my first proper Swiss watch and my PO will be part of my small collection until the end of my days.

    I'd still love to own a Rolex one day and would probably choose either a Pepsi GMT, Daytona (I wish) or Milgauss. I, however, have a rule. The watch must be at least 41mm which probably discounts the Milgauss.

    All the best Gentlemen!!
    highbob and SeanoftheDead516 like this.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 314
      Last Post: August 2nd, 2017, 03:00
    2. Do any of you prefer Tudor to Rolex
      By mdaclarke in forum Rolex & Tudor
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: June 16th, 2017, 14:13
    3. Would you prefer a Submariner...
      By Don Nghia in forum Rolex & Tudor
      Replies: 53
      Last Post: March 14th, 2017, 00:26
    4. Sandoz submariner (prefer vintage model but nevertheless)
      By hamberg in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: September 27th, 2012, 04:07
    5. RolexFest: Rolex Submariner 50th Aniversary 16610 LV, Green Bezel & Rolex Submariner 18 Kt
      By Alex Collector in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 9th, 2008, 04:52

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •