Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 15
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

The Sub is a great choice too. I prefer my PO. To each his own. OP try out both and see which one you end up with. I prefer my PO because I prefer it aesthetically and the Rolex name brand brings lots of attention regardless of where you are and in some cases unwanted attention. I don't like that for me. I prefer to be low key while still having those few on occasion recognize the PO and make a comment from time to time. I also don't like the cyclops. If I were to get a Rolex down the road it'd probably be a Deepsea.
    Last edited by SeanoftheDead516; June 26th, 2017 at 06:33.
    highbob and lukeap69 like this.

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindic8 View Post
    You are absolutly right! I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Nice! Just out of curiosity is that stainless steel or titanium?

Quote Originally Posted by Makhdoom View Post
    Since he is not talking about new Rolexes it can be safely assumed that Omega is better than a Rolex, wrong, his reason for picking vintage Daytonas is that some can be had for less than $10,000. Check Chrono24 for validation.

So to reiterate, two watchmakers picked Rolex and none of them picked Omega.

My gut still wins, Rolex is king, thats why it has a crown on the dial.
    Ha. Whatever you say. If anyone's a fanboy here it's you: the guy who resurrected an old thread to refute his own comment. I should probably roll my eyes again, right? Crossing over from Rolex to Omega where to start - Page 6

I love Rolex. I just love Omega more AND I think Rolex prices are a joke. Omega's are too, but slightly used or grey and things start to make sense. It's the fanboys who insist on either or. As many astute and reasonable watch lovers here point out: both have much to be loved. Again, boils down to preference, not some objective superiority.
    Last edited by Super Fuzz; June 26th, 2017 at 17:34.
    highbob, Vindic8, lukeap69 and 1 others like this.
    Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day...

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    Nice! Just out of curiosity is that stainless steel or titanium?
    This is a stainless steel version.

Banned

You get more for your money with omega, for me Rolex are to small, if I'm paying over £5000 for a watch, i want it to have presence, Rolex are just to common and there are plenty of good homage subs like steinhart with ceramic bezels so no as much as Rolex are a good watch just for me overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindic8 View Post
    This is a stainless steel version.
    Thanks!

TSC

You just can't argue with pics, I wouldn't swap out either of these POs I own for a Sub.
    Last edited by TSC; July 2nd, 2017 at 12:31.
    Vindic8 and DrDavid90 like this.

On pure looks alone the PO to me just seems sleeker than a Rolex Sub. I liked them so much I ended up with four!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    speedmaster. and Vindic8 like this.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Fuzz View Post
    Ha. Whatever you say. If anyone's a fanboy here it's you: the guy who resurrected an old thread to refute his own comment. I should probably roll my eyes again, right? Crossing over from Rolex to Omega where to start - Page 6

I love Rolex. I just love Omega more AND I think Rolex prices are a joke. Omega's are too, but slightly used or grey and things start to make sense. It's the fanboys who insist on either or. As many astute and reasonable watch lovers here point out: both have much to be loved. Again, boils down to preference, not some objective superiority.
    When I gave my preference and the reasons for my preference I was told not to say things with my gut feeling and provide stats, so I mentioned the 904L steel, Rokex's metal foundry, etc. At that someone rolled their eyes and called it fanboy fantasies, so I mentioned an article where respectable watchmakers picked Rolex. Then the watchmakers were faulted for picking Daytona because its not for $10,000. When that was clarified ...... well here we are come back a complete circle.

It is very cool for Omega fanboys to give their preference and reasons for their preference, but god forbid if someone gives an opposing opinion, then they have to provide stats or eyes are rolled numerous times, watchmakers are faulted for picking Daytonas, damn the plain english the article was written in.

Did I say I dislike my Grand Seiko, IWC, Corum, Jaques Droz and older Omegas, no I did not. Infact I think Grand Seiko is much like Rolex. But the new ones like the planet ocean and aqua terra that I have spent money on are all marketing success and zero substance. Omega and Rolex were equal watch makers some decades ago. New Omegas are less than Rolexes wether old or new.

Insert rolling eyes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Makhdoom View Post
    When I gave my preference and the reasons for my preference I was told not to say things with my gut feeling and provide stats, so I mentioned the 904L steel, Rokex's metal foundry, etc. At that someone rolled their eyes and called it fanboy fantasies, so I mentioned an article where respectable watchmakers picked Rolex. Then the watchmakers were faulted for picking Daytona because its not for $10,000. When that was clarified ...... well here we are come back a complete circle.

It is very cool for Omega fanboys to give their preference and reasons for their preference, but god forbid if someone gives an opposing opinion, then they have to provide stats or eyes are rolled numerous times, watchmakers are faulted for picking Daytonas, damn the plain english the article was written in.

Did I say I dislike my Grand Seiko, IWC, Corum, Jaques Droz and older Omegas, no I did not. Infact I think Grand Seiko is much like Rolex. But the new ones like the planet ocean and aqua terra that I have spent money on are all marketing success and zero substance. Omega and Rolex were equal watch makers some decades ago. New Omegas are less than Rolexes wether old or new.

Insert rolling eyes here.

Rolex's steel and the preference of two celebrity watch makers aren't "stats." Rolex's steel may be nicer, but it's hardly a major factor. It's not like Omega's cases are poorly made. Who cares if those guys mentioned Rolex? Do you really think that is a definitive point?

Again, i love Rolex! I'd buy more if I thought they were worth the money. You seem determined to "prove" Omega is decidedly inferior in quality. That is just not true, in my opinion.
    highbob likes this.
    Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day...

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information