Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 16
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Fuzz View Post
    Rolex's steel and the preference of two celebrity watch makers aren't "stats." Rolex's steel may be nicer, but it's hardly a major factor. It's not like Omega's cases are poorly made. Who cares if those guys mentioned Rolex? Do you really think that is a definitive point?

Again, i love Rolex! I'd buy more if I thought they were worth the money. You seem determined to "prove" Omega is decidedly inferior in quality. That is just not true, in my opinion.
    Celebrity watchmakers are in a better pisition to have an opinion on watches than forum members. And the only reason they were brought into the conversation was because my opinion was useless and based on my gut feelings while everyone else's opinion was very valid because they observed how awesome their Omegas were, but my observations on Omega watches having misaligned bezels and jerky movements warranted stats and eye rolling.

Congrats on your choice of Omega watches hope you never switch to Rolex or call Rolex better than Omega.

By the way, Rolex 904L steel has no significant advantage - other than marketing chatter - but has more nickel which is very bad for allergy sufferers.
    cheers - mike

I find my PO2500 much more stylish overall than the six digits Sub: hands, case, lugs, almost everything looks nicer on the PO, except the HE valve.. A fresher and more modern take on what a diver should look like. Rolex have caught up with the latest Sea Dweller 50 Anniversary IMHO. I much prefer it to the 8900 PO. Let's see what the next Sub will be like, possibly at BW2018.
    Last edited by VicLeChic; July 1st, 2017 at 23:52.
    cybercat likes this.
    Love is in the air

I love them both. Haven't taken off the PO all week. It's not as comfortable as the SubC, but it's fun to wear and a bit more showy (which isn't a bad thing). The PO dial is very nice, and I have to admit that the AR is a nice change of pace from the Sub (until I manage to get a smudge). Feels like I can poke the dial with my finger. At half the price of a SubC Date, the PO 8500 seems like a pretty good buy.
    highbob likes this.

Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Frankly, I do not. Both are equally great and unique. There's no reason to pit them against each other. I enjoy them both and would have a hard time flipping either.
    Last edited by bassplayrr; July 2nd, 2017 at 03:20.
    RTK27, highbob and Deep Black like this.
    WATCHES: Omega Speedmaster Professional, Rolex 116610LV "Hulk", Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean, Citizen Navihawk Blue Angels, Prometheus Ocean Diver, Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical, Hamilton Jazzmaster Two-Tone (worn by my better half), Bulova Dress Watch, Casio SGW100B-3V
    PENS: Visconti Cosmopolitan LE FP #21, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze FP, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze RB, '47 Parker Vacumatic Major, Monteverde Sleeping Beauty LE, Fisher AG7-40LE 40th Anniversary #84, Visconti Declaration of Independence LE FP #496

Quote Originally Posted by Vindic8 View Post
    Yes please do read that. He states that he is leaning towards the PO and he then calls out a specific, objective aspect of the PO where it outperforms the Sub. It is appatant that he is looking for more traits the PO shines. I see nowhere where he asks for more information about the Sub. I also do not see where he deviates from his original question in any way. If you found the language "leaning toword" an open door to change the direction of the post I would says it's a stretch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    yeah and he bought a SMPc 300 so go figure.
    Vindic8 likes this.
    Not all those who wander are lost;

Quote Originally Posted by Baz44 View Post
    On pure looks alone the PO to me just seems sleeker than a Rolex Sub. I liked them so much I ended up with four!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wow..
    I recognize the two on the left.. but the two on the right seem identical besides the color of the second needle tip and "Seamaster" wording? 2500s too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The watch enthusiast who secretly hopes the GMT Master will come in a 44mm diameter someday.
    Leandrobgoulart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavid90 View Post
    Wow..
    I recognize the two on the left.. but the two on the right seem identical besides the color of the second needle tip and "Seamaster" wording? 2500s too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The watch enthusiast who secretly hopes the GMT Master will come in a 44mm diameter someday.

The top right seems to be an 8500 while the bottom right seems to be the new 8900.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtown57 View Post
    The top right seems to be an 8500 while the bottom right seems to be the new 8900.
    Bottom right is the PO 2500 Liquid Metal LE only 1948 pieces made

Banned

I don't!

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information