Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 17
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Quote Originally Posted by RTK27 View Post
    Bottom right is the PO 2500 Liquid Metal LE only 1948 pieces made
    Must be why I didn't recognize it.

Amazing pics, thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Vindic8 View Post
    You are absolutly right! I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    raja_3012, Vindic8 and Deep Black like this.

Thats a very nice watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Fuzz View Post
    Rolex's steel and the preference of two celebrity watch makers aren't "stats." Rolex's steel may be nicer, but it's hardly a major factor. It's not like Omega's cases are poorly made. Who cares if those guys mentioned Rolex? Do you really think that is a definitive point?

Again, i love Rolex! I'd buy more if I thought they were worth the money. You seem determined to "prove" Omega is decidedly inferior in quality. That is just not true, in my opinion.

I was not trying to prove anything but then Nomega boys went and called out my guts and lack of supporting arguments. And that is why I supported my arguments with "celebrity watchmakers," but to no avail, the celebrity watchmakers (who are actually independent watchmakers) were attacked because forum members have a more intricate knowledge of watch making and watchmakers do not.

So to recap, new Omega Planet Ocean, the ones that came after the 2500 movement, suck. They also weigh a lot, if I wanted to wear a truck I would wear a truck on my wrist and have mechanics fix all the jerky alignment issues. Why because mechanics know more about trucks than forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrr View Post

Frankly, I do not. Both are equally great and unique. There's no reason to pit them against each other. I enjoy them both and would have a hard time flipping either.
    Your Omega is great and so is your Rolex that is why you are not flipping them. Now if you had the new PO with jerky movements and misaligned bezels . . .
    bassplayrr likes this.

I have owned numerous Omega dive watches and numerous Rolex Submariners. The Subs, after a year out of the box still kept great time while my 'new' Omegas always were out of COSC specs.... Just my personal experience...

i love and miss my Seamaster bracelet closure. i think its a tad better than the Sub.

My posh Sub (Yacht-Master 116622) is incredibly accurate (0.5 s/d on average) after 2 1/2 years. My 2005 Omega PO 2500C started to lose 3 s/d after 11 yrs without servicing. Now the PO is better than it was in its glorious days, now losing 2 s in 11 days, or - 0.1 s/d... Both movements are just amazing.

Love is in the air

I've never owned either, but just on looks I'd have to say it's really really hard to beat a Sub just due to the classic nature of the design.

I think the wrong question was initially asked. It's not why you prefer the PO over the Sub, it's when. I have the 2900.50 (42mm 2500 on rubber), the lightest and most compact of the PO's (until they released the 39mm, which I bet is still thicker) and it's still a beast compared to the Sub. The Sub is just a much more wearable watch...more comfortable, more subtle...more flexible and adaptable. It's a total classic, with the design dating back more than half a century, basically unchanged. The PO is more aggressive, more modern, more sporty. While it pull elements from the Seamaster line going back just as far, it's an evolution of the line, not the definition of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PO and won't ever part with it, but it's just a very different watch than the Sub, despite them both being divers.
    Last edited by Suijin; July 7th, 2017 at 01:29.
    highbob and chillwill120 like this.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information