Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 20
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

It's surprising to see the SubC being favored by many in an Omega forum. I've never owned either but models that are similar enough (Seamaster and GMT), and I have to give the nod to Rolex. I prefer the ceramic Seamaster to the PO but that's just me.

Banned

Rolex are good watches, but a lot of folk i guess buy for the snob factor, like look at my lovely Rolex i have on my wrist ect. The Omegas are better in terms for size and and now with the METAS Certification is one up on Rolex. I actually much prefer a Grand seiko spring drive diver with its 72HR power reserve and +1 sec a day accuracy, but thats me I'm not a watch snob, i would have no problems shelling out over £5000 for a Grand seiko rather than a Rolex any day.
    Galaga likes this.

The Submariner ceramic or not is just so iconic. The PO especially the current one is just too thick. If I want to compare or choose one over another, it would've to be the SMPc vs the SubC. Both are pretty much equivalent and just as iconic.

Photo from fellow member darby11
    Last edited by imranbecks; July 10th, 2017 at 10:09.
    Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega Seamaster Pro 2220.80.00/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.03.003/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra Quartz 231.10.39.60.06.001/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Pepsi/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Hidden Content

I flipped alot, had among the most popular divers in the watch community (shogun MM300, Tudor BB, Pelagos, SMP, SMP Peter blake, PO2500 and 8500) and still I feel like needing a PO in my box. I often hate its weight and thickness so strap something else for months but always come back with joy to my PO....

Except the titan model, the 8900 series dont get much love from me; I liked the matte ceramic more and expected an orange ceramic bezel.

Rolex sub is a top notch watch but I'm much more fond of z blue milgauss or blue datejusts from this brand than the sub'.
    I
    Jon Snow, I got your North Flag
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by imranbecks View Post
    The Submariner ceramic or not is just so iconic. The PO especially the current one is just too thick. If I want to compare or choose one over another, it would've to be the SMPc vs the SubC. Both are pretty much equivalent and just as iconic.

Photo from fellow member darby11
    Thanks for posting this comparison. The new 6-digits Rolex' with their disproportionate small bracelets are like the torso of a bodybuilder put on the legs of a fashion model.

It's obviously bad English, but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by munichblue; July 10th, 2017 at 21:42.
    Kermit262 likes this.
    cheers - mike

Quote Originally Posted by Super Fuzz View Post
    Nonsense. The 300 Master Co ax is hardly a dress watch. Compared to a super modern look such as the newer POs sure, it's more refined, but it's no dress watch. Just like the Sub that Connery wore wasn't a dress watch. Let's keep things in perspective here.

The new 300 MC is already a classic given its heritage. Arguments about lume notwithstanding, it's a classic looking, 50/early 60s looking watch, even if it sits a bit tall (ok by me given the accuracy and anti-mag properties). Had Omega made that watch continuously like Rolex made the Sub for more than half a century they'd be right up there with Rolex, in my mind. They've finally got some sense in what they're doing.
    I don't think you can fairly call my opinion "nonsense" when it widely held opinion by quite a lot of people, with virtually every review of the watch also mentioning that it teeters on the edge of being a dress watch. That does not mean it's not technically capable; it's clearly got those chops.

And to say it's already a classic..well, that is nonsense. It's only been out for a few years and it's not exactly a wildly popular watch (yet). Does it have a classic look? Of course. It's gorgeous, like I said before. It's one of the most beautiful watches in Omega's lineup and it integrates and extends themes from the line in a wonderfully realized way. But It has quite a long way to go before you can call it A classic.

I do think it's "homaginess" may get in the way of developing into a classic. The vintage lume is going to haunt it in that respect. I would not be surprised if Omega evolves it away from that, modernizing just enough of the elements to make it...well...fully modern.
    Vlciudoli likes this.

I prefer smaller sized, so Rolex. I like the look of the new PO better though, more modern.

Apart from aesthetics reasons (which may be deniable), there are facts:
    PO is more 'Unique' and more 'technically advanced' than SUB.

Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster. View Post
    Apart from aesthetics reasons (which may be deniable), there are facts:
    PO is more 'Unique' and more 'technically advanced' than SUB.
    Absolutely. Take the Rolex name away and think objectively, there is no way it looks better than this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Galaga; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:46.
    speedmaster. likes this.

Yes, I couldn't agree more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Absolutely. Take the Rolex name away and think objectively, there is no way it looks better than this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information