Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 21
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Agree with these last couple of posts and they are the reasons I chose my PO Deep Black over a Sub. Aesthetics, cutting edge tech, power reserve, shock resistance, anti-magnetism were all factors in me choosing an Omega diver over Rolex. As a separate point, I actually use mine diving and would never dive with a metallic watch - too shiny = barracudas.

Here is my Deep Black -

Name:  IMG_3008.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  2.38 MB

No, it might not have the pedigree and classic looks of the Sub, but I don't care. It's a modern beauty.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
    I don't think you can fairly call my opinion "nonsense" when it widely held opinion by quite a lot of people, with virtually every review of the watch also mentioning that it teeters on the edge of being a dress watch. That does not mean it's not technically capable; it's clearly got those chops.

And to say it's already a classic..well, that is nonsense. It's only been out for a few years and it's not exactly a wildly popular watch (yet). Does it have a classic look? Of course. It's gorgeous, like I said before. It's one of the most beautiful watches in Omega's lineup and it integrates and extends themes from the line in a wonderfully realized way. But It has quite a long way to go before you can call it A classic.

I do think it's "homaginess" may get in the way of developing into a classic. The vintage lume is going to haunt it in that respect. I would not be surprised if Omega evolves it away from that, modernizing just enough of the elements to make it...well...fully modern.
    I'm sorry, but, while I agreed with nearly everything you said in your prior post, I would also say it's nonsense to call the Seamaster 300M a dress watch. It isn't even close. I agree about the vintage lume.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd call any diver in the Omega catalogue a "classic," but they're very capable and well made. I think the PO 2500 is the best looking Omega diver from the last few decades.
    Last edited by douglasf13; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:14.

On thing mate: this simply is best PO collection I have ever seen in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz44 View Post
    On pure looks alone the PO to me just seems sleeker than a Rolex Sub. I liked them so much I ended up with four!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DocJekl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    think objectively, there is no way it looks better than this
    Think objectively about a subjective issue?
    RDK and jmanlay like this.
    Hidden Content

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    Hidden Content

now you just have to add the orange bezel PO!!

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster. View Post
    On thing mate: this simply is best PO collection I have ever seen in my entire life.

Apart from aesthetics reasons (which may be deniable), there are facts:
    PO is more 'Unique' and more 'technically advanced' than SUB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Absolutely. Take the Rolex name away and think objectively, there is no way it looks better than this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed!

How about my Planet Ocean Collection (among others)? I added another POLMLE to this after the photo was taken last year...

Name:  IMG_3317.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  2.16 MB

Name:  IMG_3316.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  2.32 MB
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Silver Snoopy Award * Ti Planet Ocean 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE x2 * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Seamaster Pro Ceramic +/- Chrono * Planet Ocean 2500 * 76 Speedmaster Pro * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP 2541.80 * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille * '62 SS Seamaster
    ROLEX * GMT Master II BLNR & Coke * Polar Explorer II 216570 * Black Exp II 16570 * Tudor Black Bay Red
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x4 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * TAG Classic 2000 & Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS Solar * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Calendar + 300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD
    * Omega AT Quartz, Skyfall, MC, 2503.33 * Omega Great White GMT * Omega SMP Mid * Speedmaster 3513.30 * Rolex Sub Hulk & 16800 & TT Sub * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Rolex Polar Exp II * Omega CK-2998LE

You are one of the best watch collector in the world.

It is a honour having meet you

Quote Originally Posted by DocJekl View Post
    How about my Planet Ocean Collection (among others)? I added another POLMLE to this after the photo was taken last year...

I really think this can be the best omega collection on WuS
    It would be awesome seeing a picture grouping only the omegas on the 'multi-Omega owners' thread! How many multi-Omega owners do we have?

Quote Originally Posted by DocJekl View Post

Couldn't agree more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dj00tiek View Post
    I prefer the PO because (had the 8500 PO 42mm and the Submariner and the Seadweller 4000):

+ Omega:
    - I don't like reflection of the Sub, and I love the anti reflective coating of the PO
    - Don't like the cyclops of the Sub, to much of a distraction and nothing added because I can read dates fine without a cyclops
    - I Like the back of the PO better and the finish of the movement
    - Don't like the 'screamyness' of the brand Rolex, because it's known all over the world and also strange people who don't give a fudge about watches still want to buy a Rolex just because of the name. If someone goes for an Omega it's more likely that person knows more about watches and likes watches overal better (and movements). Not that Rolex itself is any part of this, they can't help it, I Know.
    - I love the fact that Omega cares about the planet and puts resources into this (for example this Omega sponsored docu about the ocean), so you as a buyer of an Omega are actually also helping the world, even if it's a tiny bit.
    - I love the hands on the PO, and I really don't like the mercedes hands on Rolex.

+ Rolex:
    - I like the microadjust on a Sub/Dweller better.
    - Better wearable if you like lightweight watches (and under a suit)
    - Better investment for sure compared to Omega

So yeah.. overall I like the PO I guess better. But I am also not so much a suit guy. So for me I could wear a PO everyday.

This doesn't mean I would say to everyone they need to buy a PO instead of a Sub. It depends on the person who is gonna wear it.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information