Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 24
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

I have the 2500 PO and I vote for the Sub. They are two very different watches and I can easily see someone owning both without getting any sort of feeling of repetition. I'm saving up for the No-Date Ceramic Sub which is my ultimate grail.

The Sub is the quintessential divers watch and any sort of boringness about it is the fact that it has been copied endlessly by others. As someone else pointed out, the Seamaster Professional vs. The Sub is a better comparison. Those two watches are clearly in the same category and the Sub wins without a doubt.

That being said, I'd rather have my PO for casual wear and the Sub for more formal occasions. The PO definitely gives off more of a tool watch vibe.
    James Bond walks into a watch store...

TSC

Quote Originally Posted by 007_Omega View Post
    I have the 2500 PO and I vote for the Sub. They are two very different watches and I can easily see someone owning both without getting any sort of feeling of repetition. I'm saving up for the No-Date Ceramic Sub which is my ultimate grail.

The Sub is the quintessential divers watch and any sort of boringness about it is the fact that it has been copied endlessly by others. As someone else pointed out, the Seamaster Professional vs. The Sub is a better comparison. Those two watches are clearly in the same category and the Sub wins without a doubt.

That being said, I'd rather have my PO for casual wear and the Sub for more formal occasions. The PO definitely gives off more of a tool watch vibe.
    Have you received your PO 2500 now, I know a week ago you said you were waiting on one?

Quote Originally Posted by 007_Omega View Post

I actually think the complete opposite. The Sub looks more like a tool watch. The PO is aesthetically more beautiful and less tooly.
    highbob likes this.

couldn't agree more!!

Quote Originally Posted by cwehr1 View Post
    I agree with everyone on they are both amazing watches. I personally would go with the PO because I like a how the PO is 42 or 45.5 mm.

I've owned and currently own a few rolexes. In the past I've owned the 2531 and the 2254 sea masters. I thought they were really really beautiful watches. I wish omega never did away with the wave dial.

After reading through this thread and seeing some pictures I really need to get my hands on a titanium PO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    highbob likes this.

I have both the ceramic sub date and 8800 (39.5mm) PO. Just got the PO not too long ago after not having owned one since the days of the first gen 2500 cal. PO. Both great watches and have their own unique merits. Not sure I prefer the PO over the Sub per se. I can definitely tell you the comfort of the Sub on bracelet vs. the PO on bracelet is absolutely no contest. The Sub's bracelet wins every day of the week and twice on Sunday by a large margin... and Omega takes the cake all day long for innovation and technology. I'm not sure if I'd really say one is better or preferred over the other as they're definitely both great watches and both bring me a lot of joy to wear. If I had to choose one, I'd almost have to go with the sub but not by much. Gratuitous photos...

TSC likes this.
    Current lineup:
    Omega 8800 (39.5mm) Planet Ocean
    Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial
    Sinn EZM 3
    Omega Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Rolex 116610LN Ceramic Sub
    Rolex GMT Master (Pepsi) 1675
    1950's Rolex Precision
    1960's Rolex Oyster Perpetual
    1950's Omega Seamaster
    Luminox Diver
    Marathon Navigator
    Other Vintage Watches

I've owned 3 Rolex and all kept pretty lousy time. I still have one but my dive watch is now a Planet Ocean

Name:  DSC_4270web.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  666.0 KB

I started purchasing based on impulse. The planet ocean piqued my interest and the Rolex did nothing for me. Also a lot of co workers and some of my bosses have Rolex's and for them it is sort of a status symbol which makes me lean towards the PO more.
    Swatch Bunnysutra STGK101
    Swatch Tresor Magique SAZ101
    Swatch Diaphane One SVAK1001
    Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 LE - 212.30.41.20.01.001
    Omega Aqua Terra (White & Black)
    Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal LE - 222.30.42.20.01.001

Quote Originally Posted by mharris660 View Post
    I've owned 3 Rolex and all kept pretty lousy time. I still have one but my dive watch is now a Planet Ocean

Name:  DSC_4270web.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  666.0 KB
    What accuracy did you get from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really check it often but when I wear it I never have to reset it. I've had it on my timegrapher once and If I remember correctly it was maybe 3 to 6 seconds a day.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information