Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner? - Page 6
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: Why do YOU prefer a PO over a Rolex Submariner?

Give me a 1680, 16610 or 16800 over a PO for the collectibility value but if it is against a modern sub, I will take the PO
    Vlciudoli likes this.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

I was conflicted - now I'm good with a 2500 PO.

But along the way I had a 16610 - sold it when I could no longer abide the cyclops. And a 14060m - sold it when I couldn't adjust to no date.

And then there was the "social" aspect. There is literally no situation in my life where having someone notice I had a Rolex was a positive thing. Actually, there is one - my wife loves hers and would be happy if I wore one. But peers, contractors, suppliers, friends, family (other than spouse!) - I'm sorry, but I cannot see any situation where having a Rolex would convey a positive outcome to me. Quite the opposite.
    Hidden Content
    Omega Constellation 14900SC (551) "pie pan" [inherited 1984]
    Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50 (2500C) "orange/orange"
    Omega Seamaster 200M 396.1041 (1441, TC Quartz) "pre-Bond"
    Omega Speedmaster Chronograph 3513.50 (1152) "Speedmaster Date"
    Omega Speedmaster X-33 3291.50 (1666C, TC Quartz) "gen 2"
    Tissot Sideral S [original owner 1971] (784-2)

I have desired a SubC, I entertain thoughts of flipping my entire collection and purchasing a SubC, but every time I physically look at one, I don't get the longing that I feel when I see it on watchrecon or magazine photos...weird! Consequently, every time I gaze at my PO, I fall in love with it all over again....but I still desire a SubC and still entertain thoughts of getting one...weird!
    Current Watch Collection:
    Omega Speedmaster BroadArrow 3594.50, Stowa 1938 Bronze Handwnd, & G-Shock GW3000BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kells View Post
    I have desired a SubC, I entertain thoughts of flipping my entire collection and purchasing a SubC, but every time I physically look at one, I don't get the longing that I feel when I see it on watchrecon or magazine photos...weird! Consequently, every time I gaze at my PO, I fall in love with it all over again....but I still desire a SubC and still entertain thoughts of getting one...weird!
    similar for me until a year ago I decided to try one out. Only dive watch I wear now.
    Not all those who wander are lost;

Brentwood, CA 94513 (San Francisco Bay Area)

I prefer the Sub Date or Hulk over the PO.
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Until this thread I never realized how out of proportion the sub bracelet is to the case....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Camera Bill and SlowhandBuzz like this.
    Hidden Content
    Tag Heuer Link CT1111
    Omega PO 2200.51
    Omega SMP 2541.80
    Archimede Pilot XL 45mm
    Marathon JSAR
    G-Shock GW-A1000

TSC

Quote Originally Posted by cdw63 View Post
    Until this thread I never realized how out of proportion the sub bracelet is to the case....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That was my point with those pics, but we only hear about the thickness of the PO on here, there's good and bad in both, It's more out of proportion to me than the so called thickness of the PO. I don't have a problem with Subs, pre Sub C,

Don't get me wrong, five digit and especially four digit Sub references are gorgeous and iconic watches. But the new refs have to be considered as a failure.
    cheers - mike

Quote Originally Posted by refugio View Post
    I was conflicted - now I'm good with a 2500 PO.

But along the way I had a 16610 - sold it when I could no longer abide the cyclops. And a 14060m - sold it when I couldn't adjust to no date.

And then there was the "social" aspect. There is literally no situation in my life where having someone notice I had a Rolex was a positive thing. Actually, there is one - my wife loves hers and would be happy if I wore one. But peers, contractors, suppliers, friends, family (other than spouse!) - I'm sorry, but I cannot see any situation where having a Rolex would convey a positive outcome to me. Quite the opposite.
    Could not have said it any better, I feel the same way. iv had a few rolexs but always found myself feeling uncomfortable. My PO I can wear in any situation and it's amazing watch. I do love the vintage rolexs but feel they are so over priced, it's crazy! Big bubble!
    refugio likes this.

I prefer the PO (2500, 8500) over the Subc but i prefer the pre ceramic 16610 Sub over the PO (2500, 8500). Id take any sub over the current PO's though. They are just too blingy for me with the glass finish looking dial and bezel.
    Last edited by raze; May 26th, 2017 at 04:12.
    Current: Omega PO 8500 / Steinhart OVM 1.0 / Omega Moonwatch /G-Shock Mudman G9000-8V / Rolex Explorer 214270

Past: Rolex 15200, Rolex 16233, Cartier Santos Automatic, Bulgari Scuba Chrono, Panerai PAM 72, Tudor Black Bay BBN, U-Boat Flightdeck CAS 50, U-Boat Flightdeck ABO, U-Boat Classico 53, Seiko SBDX011, Seiko SBBN015, Seiko SBDX001, Seiko SBBN013, Seiko SBBN017, Seiko SBDC003, Seiko SBDC001, Seiko SKX 399, Seiko Samurai, Seiko Spork, Seiko Stargate, Seiko BFS, Seiko SRP233, Seiko Bullhead SCEB015, Orient OS300, Citizen Ti Ecozilla, Dievas Vintage Cali Ti, Zenton M45, Steinhart Triton 100ATM, Steinhart Apollon, Steinhart O1V, Steinhart OVM, Magrette Brass, Armida A7, Zeno Rally Timer Chrono, Vostok Amphibia, Suunto X-Lander, and too many G's!

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information