***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread*** - Page 12
Like Tree3153Likes

Thread: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Page 12 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

That's really nice too, and as you say, more dressy than mine. Versatile watch!

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_217 using Tapatalk

Arrived today!

I had to replace the strap that came with my SARB017 - it just wasn't comfortable and also it was too short as well... I decided to go with the Bund style strap but found it difficult to find one in a longer length as simply no manufacturer that I was able to find made one... so I went to Attila Aszodi Designs and gave him the size of my wrist and the dimensions of the Sarb... and he produced for me a Beautiful hand made strap of Horween Shell Cordovan in Oxblood.. in the length I required. The strap is so soft against the skin right out of the gate... I am so very pleased.

Name:  AA_Strap_1.jpg
Views: 3468
Size:  179.4 KB
    Name:  AA_Strap_2.jpg
Views: 3357
Size:  61.7 KB

I got to say Attila was very fast in his email responses, and made the purchase a very pleasurable one!
    Last edited by Druski; May 5th, 2014 at 21:34.

Very very nice. I've often thought about a bund for mine and you have convinced me. Thanks for sharing .DW.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

what do you guys think, how would the alpinist look without the compass?

i don't have photoshop, so i can't check :)

and do any of you ever use the compass? i don't.

@ Druski: I also usually wear mine on a Bund but yours has got to be the best looking Bund i have seen on '017. Congrats!

Imho a Bund helps to fill the wrist more for those of us with slightly larger wrists and i also found that there is almost no chance of the internal compass bezel turning inadvertently.

Quote Originally Posted by njegos View Post
    ....do any of you ever use the compass? i don't.
    I have yet to use it for its primary purpose but i do use it quite often as a timing bezel.

Got this watch on my trip to Japan last year. Hated the strap, but couldn't find something better that wasn't too expensive.

For now, I got a Crown & Buckle leather nato, that I took to a cobbler and got turned into a non nato.

Name:  photo (5).JPG
Views: 3369
Size:  114.7 KB

I like it, and it totally changes the watch for me, for the better. After I get sick of this strap, I'm going to order something from Bas & Lokes, potentially this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ghorn11 and DJW GB like this.

Just got mine last week. This one got on my short list 5 years ago, but I kept finding reasons to put off the purchase, I was wary of the gold accents, the hands, and the green dial not being versatile enough. Well I finally gave in. It is a lovely watch with a nicely finished case, in terms of finishing, it is on par with some of the Omegas I owned. It feels like a watch that retails at 3 times its price. I'm happy to join the club!

Name:  DSC_0193.jpg
Views: 3723
Size:  121.6 KBName:  DSC_0180.jpg
Views: 3271
Size:  75.9 KBName:  DSC_0163.jpg
Views: 3292
Size:  100.0 KBName:  DSC_0186.jpg
Views: 3290
Size:  87.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hanwen View Post
    Just got mine last week. This one got on my short list 5 years ago, but I kept finding reasons to put off the purchase, I was wary of the gold accents, the hands, and the green dial not being versatile enough. Well I finally gave in. It is a lovely watch with a nicely finished case, in terms of finishing, it is on par with some of the Omegas I owned. It feels like a watch that retails at 3 times its price. I'm happy to join the club!

Name:  DSC_0193.jpg
Views: 3723
Size:  121.6 KB
    I love the strap! Where did you get this! Been following this watch for 8-9 months now. Worried about the gold parts as well. Hmm...looking way too nice on this strap. ;)
    Rolex Date 15200 / Steinhart OVM / Seiko SARB059 / Seiko SRP581 / Seiko 6139-7100 / Seiko SBDX001

It's the OEM strap that comes with the watch. I might change it at some point. I do think it looks fine but it's just not very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hanwen
    so happy for you. it's a beaut. i'm glad the ranks of alpinist owners grow each and every day.
    looking at your photos, oem strap doesn't look bad at all. but in my opinion, the strap is the only flaw of the watch. i'm happy it's the strap and not something else, because straps are easily switched :)

i put a steel bracelet on my alpinist and it will stay on for some time. this is the way to make this watch look mighty.

@maxchua
    i usually detest gold and gold watches. first time i saw this watch, i was deterred by gold indices. but when i saw it in the flesh, i just couldn't say no and had to buy it.
    Hanwen likes this.

Page 12 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread Information