***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread*** - Page 13
Like Tree2784Likes

Thread: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Very cool watch but difficult to.find and to buy. I would like the bracelet from sarb015 too but it's quite impossible to find.

[QUOTE=njegos;7814359]@hanwen
    so happy for you. it's a beaut. i'm glad the ranks of alpinist owners grow each and every day.
    looking at your photos, oem strap doesn't look bad at all. but in my opinion, the strap is the only flaw of the watch. i'm happy it's the strap and not something else, because straps are easily switched :)

i put a steel bracelet on my alpinist and it will stay on for some time. this is the way to make this watch look mighty.

Thank you! Yes I would love to try it on the bracelet, but sadly the OEM one is discontinued and I lack the patience to hunt for one. i know there are aftermarket options, but I won't be able to look past the endlink misfit.

"endlink misfit"?

this is true for my bracelet, but i didn't know it was true for yobokies' superoyster. is it?

@sbplantipodi
    not that hard, i reckon. you just have to be swift ;)

sarb017 - Seiko - WatchRecon - The Most Intelligent Search Engine for Private Watch Sales
    Last edited by njegos; May 15th, 2014 at 16:08.
    gippo likes this.

@njegos: I'm not brave enough to try the yobokies version. I've read mixed reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful watch, i 've bought it recently and i must admit that i was wrong not to buy it before.
    I've changed the original strap with a wonderful handmade Pirate's Strap and now is simply perfect ; look forward to make it some good photos

Yobokies oyster fits perfect on mine, no play or gaps at all. It could do with another micro adjustment hole on the clasp, but this is an issue with oem sarb bracelets also I believe, so its as good (or bad) as genuine seiko in that regard.
    njegos likes this.

Wow, thanks for sharing all these beautiful pics. I really love every detail on this green dial.

Umm.. but not kidding, I own a 6.1" wrist; though many of you said this is a small watch, I wonder if it's still too big for me. Awkward :/

My wrist is about that size too, about 6.25. I think it wears fine. It does have a presence though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by der Mann View Post
    Wow, thanks for sharing all these beautiful pics. I really love every detail on this green dial.

Umm.. but not kidding, I own a 6.1" wrist; though many of you said this is a small watch, I wonder if it's still too big for me. Awkward :/
    I think it'll be fine on your wrist. It will just look like a 40mm watch on a 7" wrist. Go for it!

Man, I really want one of these. It'd be a decided step up from my current roster. Maybe I can justify it as a wedding expense...or not.

Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread Information