***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread*** - Page 21
Like Tree3311Likes

Thread: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Page 21 of 203 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Quote Originally Posted by chillwill120 View Post
    My alpinist was running exactly +10 seconds everyday come hell or high water. After a couple months of wearing it, it's now only +3 seconds after 2 days! ​very pleased!
    That's great! I need to tweak mine again, it's running just a tad fast still, about a minute over a week and a half.

Considering getting the SARB017 yet again. Wondering how the owners here feel about its versatility? In terms of clashing with what you're wearing? I'm worried that since I wear a lot of blues and not many earthy tones that the Alpinist wouldn't look right. Or am I just over thinking my watch pairing. Mind you I'm a shorts/jeans and a t shirt guy for the most part and scrubs at work.

Quote Originally Posted by IRBilldozer View Post
    Considering getting the SARB017 yet again. Wondering how the owners here feel about its versatility? In terms of clashing with what you're wearing? I'm worried that since I wear a lot of blues and not many earthy tones that the Alpinist wouldn't look right. Or am I just over thinking my watch pairing. Mind you I'm a shorts/jeans and a t shirt guy for the most part and scrubs at work.
    Its a darker green than it looks in many photos, and in my opinion it goes with virtually any colours or outfit.
    IRBilldozer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    Its a darker green than it looks in many photos, and in my opinion it goes with virtually any colours or outfit.
    This^^. And anyway, the Alpinist is so beautiful, you will find yourself choosing clothes to fit with it. You will also use it as a compass, even if you don't need to. And you may find yourself mountaineering to fit your lifestyle around the watch. It's a really, really nice watch. It's worth buying just for the hands alone, they are the best hands in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister White View Post
    This^^. And anyway, the Alpinist is so beautiful, you will find yourself choosing clothes to fit with it. You will also use it as a compass, even if you don't need to. And you may find yourself mountaineering to fit your lifestyle around the watch. It's a really, really nice watch. It's worth buying just for the hands alone, they are the best hands in the universe.
    Agreed, the watch is just so awesome. It's become the favorite in my collection. Sapphire, very accurate (currently 5 seconds fast after over 72 hours), unique and beautiful design, screw down crown, solid water resistance, great lume (it's no monster but still very solid) . . . I sold off most of my other watches (orient mako, invicta 8926, orange monster, citizen perpetual calendar chrono) since I never wear them anymore. I basically wear my alpinist all the time but when I want something a bit bigger and sportier I rock the SKX009. I think the last piece of my collection will be a legitimate dress watch to replace my SNKL41. Maybe a Sarb33?

Quote Originally Posted by chillwill120 View Post
    Agreed, the watch is just so awesome. It's become the favorite in my collection. Sapphire, very accurate (currently 5 seconds fast after over 72 hours), unique and beautiful design, screw down crown, solid water resistance, great lume (it's no monster but still very solid) . . . I sold off most of my other watches (orient mako, invicta 8926, orange monster, citizen perpetual calendar chrono) since I never wear them anymore. I basically wear my alpinist all the time but when I want something a bit bigger and sportier I rock the SKX009. I think the last piece of my collection will be a legitimate dress watch to replace my SNKL41. Maybe a Sarb33?
    The 033 would be my next choice of sarb also. My 017 could then go back on a nato for a while.

The 033 would be my next choice of sarb also. My 017 could then go back on a nato for a while.
    I have also considered the SARB033 instead of the 017 but am worried it may lean to far towards dressy to be worn very casually. My fiancee seems to be a huge fan of the SARG005 but the 017 looks to be slightly better finished and has a screw down crown for roughly the same price.

My Alpinist, originally bought as a 'special' watch, and something to pass down to my son has since become my 'beater'. I wear it over all other watches, the only exceptions being a Polar at the gym, a 6309 on covered bund when I know the will be a high chance of possible damage, and a Citizen BM8180 when touring by motorbike, otherwise, Alpinist it is, rain, hail, t-shirts or overcoats...

Quote Originally Posted by IRBilldozer View Post
    I have also considered the SARB033 instead of the 017 but am worried it may lean to far towards dressy to be worn very casually. My fiancee seems to be a huge fan of the SARG005 but the 017 looks to be slightly better finished and has a screw down crown for roughly the same price.
    I think the 033 can do smart casual no problem. The sarg's to me lose out in a few areas: Firstly, as you mentioned the case finishing doesn't look nearly as good as the sarbs, and secondly, for my tastes 40mm is just too bog for this style of watch. A distant third, the hands on sarbs generally look as good as those on higher end watches, sarg hands are what they are.

The sarg's to me lose out in a few areas...
    I have been eyeing off the Sarg's since I first noticed them, but something has stopped me from jumping on one, I think you've nailed it in all these remarks... Add to that, the Sarb017 can do everything a Sarg can, but with so much more finesse. It's James Bond Vs Maxwell Smart if you ask me!

Page 21 of 203 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread Information