Thread: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Page 3 of 172 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Nice bracelet, I am still contemplating about getting Yao super oyster
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Here's my Alpinist. I've had it for about 6 months so far and its still one of my favourites and still gets babied when I wear it.
    Name:  BE9B234C-9A49-48DF-88F6-0EB165C20C48-1825-000000B0B989732B_zpsf2f90e4c.jpg
Views: 7015
Size:  262.6 KB
    Name:  9124C71B-5A0A-434D-A24E-B71F5CA35BFF-1825-000000CD44428A0D_zps267db28a.jpg
Views: 6917
Size:  184.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hotmustardsauce View Post
    Very tempted to get this on a bracelet. Is the Seiko bracelet worth the extra $ ?
    Definitely. I have a couple aftermarket bracelets from Strap Code, expensive models, but while decent they are nomway as nice as the Seiko model (from the SARB015).
    Too many watches

Very beautiful watch I must say.

http://www.facebook.com/JDMwatches

I don't know whether it's because the weather is warming up or because I've decided to wear it on my arm for a week straight to see if that helps the accuracy but my Sarb017 seems to have gotten a LOT more accurate in the past few days since I synced it. I forgot to wear it on my wrist last night when I went to bed and it's still about 10 hours before a full 72 hours since I synced it but currently my Alpinist is only running a mere 5 seconds fast. That's less than +2 seconds per day! I read on one of the Grand Seiko manuals that a movement will be slower when it's warm and faster when it's cold. My Sarb has always run a little bit fast so I'm wondering if that combination of keeping it close to my body and the warm weather has slowed it down to almost dead on accuracy. Perhaps this summer (our first together) it will actually run slow. We'll see.
    Your friend in Japan - Hidden Content Hidden Content

I've wanted one of these for years and have been happy to see it gain in popularity more recently. Finally after lots of dreaming one arrived today after a brief scare of realising it had been delivered to my neighbour instead. First impressions are positive, the quality is amazing for its price point. Here is a rather terrible photo of my new addition.

Where is the best place to get the bracelet? I've seen them on Seiya and Chino (with Chino being slightly better priced). Is there anywhere else that have them for a better price?
    DJW GB likes this.

Hi there congratulations they really grow on you. As for a s/s braclet there are some about but genuine sarb ones do seem to be a bit pricy.Have you tried thewatchbandcentre they have a good selection and there in the eu so no vat and good service (I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED WITH THEM) Hope you find one . DW.

bobs100, jdp_69 and njegos like this.

Thanks, I have bought from them a few times and they have been very good. I was looking for the cheapest place to get the genuine Seiko bracelet rather than an aftermarket one. It's not urgent to get one though I did have to take off the original Seiko leather band as I wasn't all that impressed with it. I may try out a few straps first and see what I have that fits best for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    Hi there congratulations they really grow on you. As for a s/s braclet there are some about but genuine sarb ones do seem to be a bit pricy.Have you tried thewatchbandcentre they have a good selection and there in the eu so no vat and good service (I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED WITH THEM) Hope you find one . DW.
    DJW GB likes this.

Well after 96 hours of constant wear and a few turns of the Crown each night, my Alpinist is running a mere 4 seconds ahead. That's only one second per day on average and most of that was the one night I forgot to put it on again after my shower before going to bed. Needless to say, my OCD is extremely satisfied.
    Attachment 1017471
    DJW GB likes this.
    Your friend in Japan - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 3 of 172 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information