***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread*** - Page 30
Like Tree2765Likes

Thread: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Page 30 of 167 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil Rob View Post
    Thanks for the rundown. I would probably get another leather but I like the idea of a SS bracelet for water.

How do you think this would look?

Attachment 1654835
    +1 looks good to me. Where did you find it?
    The Alpinist is a very hard watch to find a good strap for. The looks on SS bracelet are probably the best, despite the poor quality of the bracelet.

That's from Brady Straps.....

How poor is the Seiko Stainless? Are there any aftermarkets that fit well and are quality pieces?
    "My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."
    - Errol Flynn

Finally pulled the trigger. Here's my vintage alpinist while waiting for it to arrive.

Me: "WRUW while drinking?"
    Quotron: "If I do it right.... nothing."
    chriscentro likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Me
    : "WRUW while drinking?"
    Quotron: "If I do it right.... nothing."

Me and my watches on IG: eyy_ron
    "Be the change that you want to see."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dowling View Post
    Is that a Hirsch Liberty strap? I just ordered one to replace this truly awful stock strap. I was gonna get a Toshi strap just too expensive though, I'm just hoping the comfort and look of the Hirsch is good to go.

Usually I defend the stock strap as "not as bad as people say" but this one really is that band, it's like a drug store band you would buy for $7.00. But luckily the case is easily worth the $400.
    The Hirsch Liberty is one of my favorite straps. I own 2 (black & brown) nice & thick, but very soft.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

How poor is the Seiko Stainless? Are there any aftermarkets that fit well and are quality pieces?
    The Seiko bracelet is not that bad, but its expensive and only has 2 micro adjustments. Lots of people buy aftermarket bracelets for a Rolex GMT/Submariner on ebay and they tend to fit nicely. The invicta 8926 bracelet will also fit. I don't understand why this watch comes on leather, it has great water resistance so it should come with a water resistant bracelet as well. BTW mine hasn't lost or gained a second in 24 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by chillwill120 View Post
    The Seiko bracelet is not that bad, but its expensive and only has 2 micro adjustments. Lots of people buy aftermarket bracelets for a Rolex GMT/Submariner on ebay and they tend to fit nicely. The invicta 8926 bracelet will also fit. I don't understand why this watch comes on leather, it has great water resistance so it should come with a water resistant bracelet as well. BTW mine hasn't lost or gained a second in 24 hours!
    Because it looks better with leather! I do have to admit the stock leather strap does leave something to be desired. I am considering the golden brown Hirsch Liberty strap.

Quote Originally Posted by dduck View Post
    Because it looks better with leather! I do have to admit the stock leather strap does leave something to be desired. I am considering the golden brown Hirsch Liberty strap.
    I disagree, I love this watch on steel. It gives it more of the Rolex Explorer type vibe also. Plus a sports watch should be on steel or rubber.

There are a couple of aftermarkets (wjean, yobokies from ebay) but the OEM Seiko bracelet is the best fit of all, though the most expensive also. If you must get a bracelet, get the Seiko one I guess. It will be truly waterproof and a great sports watch that way.
    Also, mine gains an average of +18 secs a day in the first two weeks, not terribly impressive.

Inactive

My Alpinist gaining about 1 spd since I bought it, really surprised as almost all my 6r15 watches were near +10.

Can't wait for the Hirsch strap to come this is awful. Does anyone know if the bracelet on Chino's site has solid end links? I really like the look of this on a bracelet.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by fjblair View Post
    Yeah I have one arriving next week that I ordered yesterday from Higuchi. Seiya says he is out of stock and the watch is out of production and he cannot source it anywhere.
    Hmm is the Alpinist really out of production?

On another note I rebought my sarb065 lol, I miss it.

Page 30 of 167 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information