***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread*** - Page 6
Like Tree3203Likes

Thread: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Page 6 of 196 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1959
  1. #51
    Member James_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,513

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    Hey Alpinist dudes. Was searching for a new strap for my incoming Mako, saw this and thought of you...

    G10 NATO NYLON WATCH STRAP, GOLD HARDWARE: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
    DJW GB likes this.

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    I love everything about this watch. I wasn't sure about it until I saw it in person, and I must say that regardless of how beautiful it might look in some pictures, the best picture of this watch does not make it the least justice. It is definitely so much more (and then some), when you see it in person! I do have a silly question for those of you who have lived with, or who actually know more about this watch. How do you place this watch when actually comparing it to the Rolex explorer in terms of durability? I mean, the Explorer (and Rolex watches in general) is famous (justifiably or unjustifiably so) for being a tough and very durable watch; one that "will continue to run no matter what the wearer throws at it..." Is the Alpinist Sarb017 every bit as tough, durable, and trustworthy or is it ludicrous to even mention the two of them in the same sentence (as my co worker recently told me about Seiko and Rolex) Can the Alpinist withstand the rough "life" that an Explorer is purported to endure and come shining through? I really hope so, for mine will be my only watch and I shall live with it on my wrist, and live with it i shall!! What do you guys think?

  3. #53
    Member Kratsmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    211

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by costasmcn View Post
    I love everything about this watch. I wasn't sure about it until I saw it in person, and I must say that regardless of how beautiful it might look in some pictures, the best picture of this watch does not make it the least justice. It is definitely so much more (and then some), when you see it in person! I do have a silly question for those of you who have lived with, or who actually know more about this watch. How do you place this watch when actually comparing it to the Rolex explorer in terms of durability? I mean, the Explorer (and Rolex watches in general) is famous (justifiably or unjustifiably so) for being a tough and very durable watch; one that "will continue to run no matter what the wearer throws at it..." Is the Alpinist Sarb017 every bit as tough, durable, and trustworthy or is it ludicrous to even mention the two of them in the same sentence (as my co worker recently told me about Seiko and Rolex) Can the Alpinist withstand the rough "life" that an Explorer is purported to endure and come shining through? I really hope so, for mine will be my only watch and I shall live with it on my wrist, and live with it i shall!! What do you guys think?
    I doubt there's much difference in toughness; both way tougher than the wrist you'll be wearing it on However, the Rolex user a tougher steel and won't scratch or ding as easily as most other watches. I used to think this was just hype, but I have a Rolex that I wore for five years straight, and then here and there for another 13 years, and it looks virtually new. Can't say that about ANY other watches I've had.

    Not that I think this is so important; I wear my Alpinist way more than the Rolex!
    Too many watches

  4. #54
    Member dowsing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    585

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    I finally managed to get an official bracelet and I'm very happy it.


  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    46

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    I finally managed to get an official bracelet and I'm very happy it.

    Where did you pick that up, this is likely my next watch.

  6. #56
    Member dowsing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    585

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    I got the bracelet from Chino watches and the watch itself secondhand on the forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ropes4u View Post
    Where did you pick that up, this is likely my next watch.

  7. #57
    Member ghorn11's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    690

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    Man, this watch can make any strap look good!
    That_Turtle likes this.

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    622

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    i put mine back on bracelet after a year on leather wtih a deployant, and, of all my watches, this one becomes completely different on a bracelet. its like a new watch and has gotten over a week of solid wrist time! The other watches will soon be getting jealous so gave my classic monster a go today!

  9. #59
    Member vbluep51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    208

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    Mine on 20mm Super Engineer II, just wanted to see how it would look and I kinda like it.

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]
    hosemg12, DJW GB, Gorman22 and 1 others like this.


  10. #60
    Member hosemg12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shawnee County, KS, USA
    Posts
    230

    Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

    Received mine in the mail from Higuchi san 3 days ago..waiting on a new strap from Crown and Buckle with pics to follow..I set the watch minutes after receiving it and saw today that it is 3 seconds fast..is something wrong?..kidding..

Page 6 of 196 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •